ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you take Nagy back as OC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341813)

ILChief 01-11-2022 07:16 AM

Just promote Kafka if EB leaves. I’m not
Sure it would really matter that much. As long as we have Reid and Mahomes

ILChief 01-11-2022 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16067759)
I agree. We know what and who Nagy is.

We might have a future HC in Kafka. I want to see what he’s got as OC.

Yeah Kafka would be nice to have in case of a Reid retirement

Red Beans 01-11-2022 08:18 AM

We have a major obsession with rehashing tired old shit around here.

OnTheWarpath15 01-11-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 16068768)
We have a major obsession with rehashing tired old shit around here.

No shit.

Might as well bump a Kareem Hunt thread for funsies.

dirk digler 01-11-2022 08:21 AM

**** no. Don't want to see our offense become all sideways passes

KC_Lee 01-11-2022 08:29 AM

Nah, would like to see Kafka get a chance. New blood, new ideas.

chiefzilla1501 01-11-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 16068714)
As of this moment, it's painfully obvious that 38 of you haven't watched a Bears game in several years.

I think most open to the Nagy idea are fine with or prefer Kafka and are only open to the idea of Nagy knowing Reid calls most of the shots on offense.

Chiefnj2 01-11-2022 08:47 AM

Nagy's playcalling has been abysmal in Chicago.

O.city 01-11-2022 08:51 AM

I don't understand why we can't just let Andy control and run the offense.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16067759)
I agree. We know what and who Nagy is.

We might have a future HC in Kafka. I want to see what he’s got as OC.

Nagy went 28-20 with Mitchell Trubisky at quarterback (I think it was actually a little better than that as Foles was awful; I think Nagy has a pretty strong record w/ Trubisky). That's actually impressive in its own right. And he's still only 43 yrs old. Yeah, Kafka's younger, but he's not as accomplished either.

I'm not saying I would definitely do it, but if PM endorsed the idea, sure - why not? Nagy can be a HC in this league and a relatively decent one. If you asked me who probably has more career wins as a head coach in the league 10 years from now, I'd say it's likely Nagy.

The guy's not an idiot just because he couldn't fix Mitch Trubisky.

ChiefsFan123456 01-11-2022 09:24 AM

I would take Nagy back as the waterboy, otherwise, no thanks!

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16067767)
No.

He refused to play to Fields strengths, just as he did with Trubisky.

Trubisky couldn't throw to his left. Fields had ZERO touch, erratic accuracy and made poor decisions.

I mean really, how do you just power through that? You really can't. Fields simply wasn't ready yet. He's a talented kid and maybe he can be developed into something interesting (a Kyler Murray sort) but he wasn't the answer to any question worth asking this season for a coach who likely needed to make the playoffs to keep his job.

Fields was 2-8 as a starter to Dalton's 3-3 (and Foles went 1-0). The problem was, in many ways, Justin Fields. A team that went 4-3 w/ just a warm body at QB went 2-8 w/ Fields. With even slightly above average QB play, the Bears are probably a 9-10 win team.

Nagy has taken a lot of bullets for the piss poor job that Ryan Pace has done there.

milkshock 01-11-2022 09:33 AM

Nagy made Alex have a career year, imagine what he could do with this offense,

Chiefspants 01-11-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16067825)
Hm yeah. I want the guy that called the entire second half abortion playoff loss to Tennessee back.

Sounds real ****ing neato.

Blah. That was the worst. As was Alex bailing on plays early and trying to tuck down and run it throughout the 4th quarter.

Felt like we KC fans got one last sendoff of the Alex/90's futility in that playoff game. It checked every box.

Big first half lead. Star player hurt in the first half. Terrible referee call with massive implications. Missed field goal. QB turns a potential turnover into a self pass touchdown. Questionable playcalling. Abysmal defensive collapse, and our QB turning into a game-manager when we needed throws downfield to win it.

What a terrible game.

Quesadilla Joe 01-11-2022 09:37 AM

From Breer:

Quote:

Well, I would say that if Andy Reid were to step away sometime in the near future, Nagy would be high on the Chiefs’ list to replace him. Nagy, for those who don’t know, was college teammates with Kansas City GM Brett Veach, and has maintained a lot of good relationships in the organization. And obviously, he was on the ground floor for Patrick Mahomes’s development.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/11/ma...second-chances