ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

staylor26 05-01-2021 11:03 AM

Wait, are we seriously questioning Bolton’s instincts?

It’s easily one of his best qualities.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15656396)
People get too caught up on combine numbers. The combine for the most part doesn't matter. He's going to bring more nastiness to the D and I love it. Can't wait to see him crush a few RBs.

Now don't hype him up what he's not, the guy will be an average to solid player like Dirty Dan with less athletic ability.

He's not the second coming of Zach Thomas or Mike Singletary

Easy 6 05-01-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656868)
Now don't hype him up what he's not, the guy will be an average to solid player like Dirty Dan with less athletic ability.

And you know this how?

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15656867)
Wait, are we seriously questioning Bolton’s instincts?

It’s easily one of his best qualities.

someone is.

Look, you wanna say he's too short? You can argue that.

Not athletic enough? You can argue that.

Not instinctive?

You're just wrong.

tredadda 05-01-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

He's also not the second coming of Neiman either. He will probably be better than you think and he was a great value where he was drafted.

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

This is...not a good football take. At all.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15656877)
He will probably be better than you think and he was a great value where he was drafted.

I doubt that , and he's more like Sorenson

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656883)

What? I see the dumb ****ing take wagon has carried on to Saturday. LMAO

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

You're seriously comparing a guy with a late first/early second round grade to an undrafted free agent.

That's a really, really dumb take and you should probably just move on now.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656721)
Positives. Eventual cheap Hitchens replacement.

Negatives. Instincts.

Some of you are too ****ing stupid to breathe. What the ****.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656886)
What? I see the dumb ****ing take wagon has carried on to Saturday. LMAO

You're going to be disappointed if you expect more than that, roleplayer yes but not not expecting anything great.

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656891)
You're going to be disappointed if you expect more than that, roleplayer yes but not not expecting anything great.

You just going to keep tripling down on bad football takes?

Ok.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15656888)
You're seriously comparing a guy with a late first/early second round grade to an undrafted free agent.

That's a really, really dumb take and you should probably just move on now.

Exactly that's who he plays like

Easy 6 05-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Sorensen was undrafted, this dude has a first round grade

Put the ****ing pipe down :shake:

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656891)

I watched him for years at Missouri.

I know what to expect. You clearly read a twitter post and think you do, when it's obvious you don't.

smithandrew051 05-01-2021 11:17 AM

I wanted Basham, but I can’t hate this.

Good value at a position of need and a plan for post Hitchens.

Really hard to argue with the logic.

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656893)
Exactly that's who he plays like

Are you blind?

I'm trying real hard to stay positive and not tell people to climb a burning aids tree every time I'm irritated with their stupidity, but you're really testing my resolve.

So...

Thanks for weighing in! :thumb:

The Franchise 05-01-2021 11:17 AM

Don’t mind me if I don’t listen to the draft takes of the guy who said we should take a RB in the 2nd round.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656895)
I watched him for years at Missouri.

I know what to expect. You clearly read a twitter post and think you do, when it's obvious you don't.

I know Mizzou fanboys are expecting the exception to the rule, but I'm not feeling that.

Imon Yourside 05-01-2021 11:19 AM

Andy said he had a soft spot for Missouri players....I hope he's as good as ya'll be saying.

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15656906)
I know Mizzou fanboys are expecting the exception to the rule, but I'm not feeling that.

Thanks for weighing in! :thumb:

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15656526)
Oh and this guy ****ing better put Neimann’s ass on the bench. We drafted 2 LB’s in the 2nd rd and paid Hitchens.

Zero reason that disaster should be out there unless it’s ST’s

He won't. That's the only thing most of you are going to be disappointed with.

He's going to replace Hitchens. He's going to get the Willie Gay treatment this year, especially with the ongoing COVID issues.

It's funny. I'm not over the moon on the pick but see the logic and long-term upside.

Most of you guys are like ecstatic but expect him to move in right away and take snaps from other guys.

Odd little dynamic going on.

MahomesMagic 05-01-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656890)
Some of you are too ****ing stupid to breathe. What the ****.

Do you think Willie Gay has good football instincts?

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15656439)
That’s my POV.

Even if Bolton or Gay have their own flaws, don’t they have to be better than Niemann at this point for the dime? Gay should know the defense better and Bolton will catch on quick.

Like I said with Gay, you want to avoid him learning bad habits which guys will develop over time to cover up gaps in their scheme soundness.

Take him along slowly like they did with Gay and he'll be fine. They'll be fine in 2021 without him being a full-time contributor, just like they were last year with Gay.

Come 2022, he'll be ready to take over and the defense will get a younger, true upgrade at the position.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656966)
Do you think Willie Gay has good football instincts?

We're not talking about Willie Gay. Him and Bolton would be an apples to oranges sort of comparison.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15656897)
I wanted Basham, but I can’t hate this.

Good value at a position of need and a plan for post Hitchens.

Really hard to argue with the logic.

Exactly.

It isn't flashy but it is solid. Every draft can't be sizzle, sometimes you need some steak.

This is one of the best offseason feelings since Mahomes and better than almost anything that came before.

I think this team got TOUGHER over the last 2 weeks and that's a big, big deal.

MahomesMagic 05-01-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656971)
We're not talking about Willie Gay. Him and Bolton would be an apples to oranges sort of comparison.

It's a simple question.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656975)
It's a simple question.

No. That's why he went late 2nd a year ago.

MahomesMagic 05-01-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656977)
No. That's why he went late 2nd a year ago.

OK, fair enough.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15656972)
Exactly.

It isn't flashy but it is solid. Every draft can't be sizzle, sometimes you need some steak.

This is one of the best offseason feelings since Mahomes and better than almost anything that came before.

I think Bolton is going to play more as a rookie than you're thinking.

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15656954)
He won't. That's the only thing most of you are going to be disappointed with.

He's going to replace Hitchens. He's going to get the Willie Gay treatment this year, especially with the ongoing COVID issues.

It's funny. I'm not over the moon on the pick but see the logic and long-term upside.

Most of you guys are like ecstatic but expect him to move in right away and take snaps from other guys.

Odd little dynamic going on.

Gay barely played in college. Bolton's an entirely different situation, and an entirely different player.

I absolutely expect someone with his intellect, experience, and instincts to play more than Gay did.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656995)
I think Bolton is going to play more as a rookie than you're thinking.

Possibly but the people thinking he's going to "erase" Niemann are kidding themselves.

With the COVID stuff still somewhat in effect, he's going to get slow-rolled like Gay was. The fact that he has like 3 times the experience will help get him on the field earlier though so he should end up better off than Gay was last year. He still probably ends up 4th in snap counts though.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15657005)
Gay barely played in college. Bolton's an entirely different situation, and an entirely different player.

I absolutely expect someone with his intellect, experience, and instincts to play more than Gay did.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that he's not going to come in and jump Niemann on the depth chart, definitely not right away, and possibly not at all this season.

People need to temper expectations a bit. That way you're setting yourself to be pleasantly surprised when he exceeds them. Every week last year it was "get Gay on the field" and every week people weren't looking at the big picture.

The reasons for taking Bolton are much more far-reaching than reducing Niemann's snaps and much more important, quite frankly.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657008)
With the COVID stuff still somewhat in effect, he's going to get slow-rolled like Gay was. The fact that he has like 3 times the experience will help get him on the field earlier though so he should end up better off than Gay was last year. He still probably ends up 4th in snap counts though.

I don't agree.

Gay had the misfortune of being raw as hell during a canceled offseason.

Bolton is a lot more pro ready and this offseason won't be 'as' restrictive.

I think he will see a lot of snaps early on as the Damien Wilson replacement, since they never did replace him.

Easy 6 05-01-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657014)
I don't agree.

I think he will see a lot of snaps early on as the Damien Wilson replacement, since they never did replace him.

Yes

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657014)
I don't agree.

Gay is Wilson's replacement. He spent the entire season learning Wilson's base and nickel assignments.

And actually we do kind of agree, we're just kind of talking past each other.

I think Bolton gets more snaps than Gay did last year, that's what I was getting at in my previous posts. I'm just saying I don't think he's getting the bulk of the snap anywhere and we're still going to see a lot of Niemann until later on.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657028)
Gay is Wilson's replacement. He spent the entire season learning Wilson's base and nickel assignments.

And actually we do kind of agree, we're just kind of talking past each other.

I think Bolton gets more snaps than Gay did last year, that's what I was getting at in my previous posts. I'm just saying I don't think he's getting the bulk of the snap anywhere and we're still going to see a lot of Niemann until later on.

I thought the same about Gay, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I wouldn't be opposed to another LB today to give less snaps to Niemann.

RealSNR 05-01-2021 12:31 PM

This guy plays just like Harrison Butker! It’s who he compares to!!!

KChiefs1 05-01-2021 02:10 PM

Mizzou stud.

RunKC 05-01-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657008)
Possibly but the people thinking he's going to "erase" Niemann are kidding themselves.

I think their goal was to put Neimann where he belongs...on 3rd downs. Neimann is a disaster on early downs. He is way to small and can’t shed blocks

Stryker 05-01-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15656972)
Exactly.

Absolutely this! It feels fresh and it's about DAMN time! I love this new era Chiefs! :thumb:

htismaqe 05-01-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657053)
I thought the same about Gay, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I wouldn't be opposed to another LB today to give less snaps to Niemann.

I think people are worried way too much about Niemann. He’s going to fade out organically as Gay and Bolton get more playing time. Everybody just needs to be patient. It’s not like Niemann cost us a shot at another Lombardi or anything

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657624)
I think people are worried way too much about Niemann. He’s going to fade out organically as Gay and Bolton get more playing time. Everybody just needs to be patient. It’s not like Niemann cost us a shot at another Lombardi or anything

Niemann is ****ing balls.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657892)

His brother was drafted by the Chargers

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15657897)
His brother was drafted by the Chargers

Maybe they will trade for the other one and unveil the fortress of suck.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657892)

And yet they made it to the Super Bowl with him playing over 400 snaps. People are way too worried about something that’s largely meaningless.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657949)
And yet they made it to the Super Bowl with him playing over 400 snaps. People are way too worried about something that’s largely meaningless.

They nearly did with ****ing Bob Sutton too but doesn't mean his ass shouldn't have been thrown out Jazz style.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657955)
They nearly did with ****ing Bob Sutton too but doesn't mean his ass shouldn't have been thrown out Jazz style.

Patience grasshopper. Niemann will be relegated to full backup status in due time. The Chiefs aren’t stupid - they have a plan. But they also had other, bigger needs.

Have I mentioned that the Chiefs have 5 new starting offensive linemen, 3 of which are on cheap rookie contracts? 😎

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657977)
Patience grasshopper. Niemann will be relegated to full backup status in due time. The Chiefs aren’t stupid - they have a plan. But they also had other, bigger needs.

Have I mentioned that the Chiefs have 5 new starting offensive linemen, 3 of which are on cheap rookie contracts? 😎

Nah I get you. I was all team WR at 58 initially.

Niemann getting snaps still or not, Bolton is a us addition.

flinchfree 05-01-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15656721)
Positives. Eventual cheap Hitchens replacement.

Negatives. Instincts.

You didn't watch his tape. Instincts are spectacular.
Sometimes when you get it wrong you're in a really bad spot, but look how often he'll get the opposition in second and long, third and long....

He's a gun.

HonestChieffan 05-01-2021 06:14 PM

Will take time to see if he lives up to press. Hope he is and no another Mizzou home boy who is like third string

ModSocks 05-01-2021 06:48 PM

Sir Nick the Flayer, of House Bolton.

TLO 05-02-2021 07:41 AM

Poor guy fell off the first page

duncan_idaho 05-02-2021 08:27 AM

I’m not over the moon about this pick but I see the value in it.

Bolton is a smart, hard-working, driven, instinctual guy. He didn’t have a lot of protection in college (spent his entire career with the DT in front of him getting worked by opposing OL in conference play) but still was highly productive.

He called at least 3 different defenses in college, too. Should get installs quickly.

And more importantly, it should let them comfortably move on from Hitchens. Less help in 21 than someone like Cox, but probably more long-term value.

Woogieman 05-02-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15655528)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">you say &quot;holy shit&quot; a lot watching nick bolton <a href="https://t.co/jDDgeF4Myr">pic.twitter.com/jDDgeF4Myr</a></p>&mdash; Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1348665255157788674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Poor receiver just got dragged down, like the two Vols players that got knocked out of the game. Who knew a good dragging could be so violent?

Woogieman 05-02-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15655606)
I know I’ll get flamed for this but it feels a bit like the Speaks pick. I trust Veach but I was very meh on this kid.

I’m not hating. But this was very “meh” to me. Like I wasn’t excited.

Hope I’m wrong obviously bc he apparently is smart as hell and can replace Hitch. Just my 2 cents

I think very few here had even heard of Speaks, not just because he was from Ol' Miss, but because he wasn't very distinguished. Bolton was the SEC leading tackler in 2019 and 2-Time All-SEC with a mediocre D-line. Very different body of work coming in.

RealSNR 05-02-2021 09:12 AM

Also many people had Breeland Speaks graded into the 4th or even 5th round. Veach thought he was a 2nd rounder.

I don't think there's anybody out there who said, "Nick Bolton... wait until around the 5th round if you want this guy..."

Kiimo 05-02-2021 09:13 AM

I have my issues but lol at him being anything like Speaks.

ChiefsCountry 05-02-2021 09:15 AM

Bolton was projected as a 1st round pick after the 2019 season coming into the 2020 season. No way is he like Speaks. Damn some of you are ****ing reeruned.

Kiimo 05-02-2021 09:20 AM

I had hopes of JOK or Zaven falling to us.

Laughable now in retrospect. Clearly Arizona saw what I saw in Zaven, just an absolute monster. Yet another LB that's going to put up insane numbers in Glendale.

That said, Bolton could be great. He may be small and his 3 cone might not wow anybody but he's got a lion's heart kind of like Mathieu. Man I was wrong about Honey Badger, I still don't know how he does it.

Woogieman 05-02-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15656396)
People get too caught up on combine numbers. The combine for the most part doesn't matter. He's going to bring more nastiness to the D and I love it. Can't wait to see him crush a few RBs.

Yep...you don't have to run a 4.4 when you can easily diagnose the play and see where the hole is. That's NBs stock-in-trade.

The Franchise 05-02-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15658621)
I had hopes of JOK or Zaven falling to us.

Laughable now in retrospect. Clearly Arizona saw what I saw in Zaven, just an absolute monster. Yet another LB that's going to put up insane numbers in Glendale.

That said, Bolton could be great. He may be small and his 3 cone might not wow anybody but he's got a lion's heart kind of like Mathieu. Man I was wrong about Honey Badger, I still don't know how he does it.

What the **** is Zaven going to play? MLB? He’s 270 lbs now and they just took Simmons high last year.

htismaqe 05-02-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 15658600)
I think very few here had even heard of Speaks, not just because he was from Ol' Miss, but because he wasn't very distinguished. Bolton was the SEC leading tackler in 2019 and 2-Time All-SEC with a mediocre D-line. Very different body of work coming in.

Several of us had heard of Speaks. He was a consensus 2nd-team All-SEC player his senior season and was actually pretty productive while playing both DT and DE.

htismaqe 05-02-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658649)
What the **** is Zaven going to play? MLB? He’s 270 lbs now and they just took Simmons high last year.

Collins at 17 or Bolton at 58.

ROFL

It isn’t even a discussion. The Cardinals have lost their minds

O.city 05-02-2021 09:54 AM

If you’re looking for an off ball linebacker I wouldn’t take Collins

I think he can play that hybrid de lb like they did with Reddick so that makes some sense

duncan_idaho 05-02-2021 10:02 AM

As for his speed... I don’t recall that ever being a real issue in college, and he was used in coverage a lot.

Like most MLB, if a speedy RB gets isolated on him on a wheel or streak, Bolton doesn’t have the speed to stay with him 50 yards downfield.

Bowser 05-02-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15658687)
As for his speed... I don’t recall that ever being a real issue in college, and he was used in coverage a lot.

Like most MLB, if a speedy RB gets isolated on him on a wheel or streak, Bolton doesn’t have the speed to stay with him 50 yards downfield.

We should re-sign Justin Houston to do the covering 50 yards down the field.

(**** you, Bob Sutton)

Chris Meck 05-02-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 15658588)
Poor receiver just got dragged down, like the two Vols players that got knocked out of the game. Who knew a good dragging could be so violent?

I CHOOSE VIOLENCE.

UChieffyBugger 05-02-2021 12:29 PM

If you listen to Kent and the other AP draft guys they were almost in tears about us getting Bolton (and Creed) lol it's just pathetic :D . According to them he's just a "two down back who does what Hitchens does"...smh and these guys do draft guides for Chiefs fans??? Yes Nick is not an all world guy in coverage yet but he certainly has shown the talent to cover his man and get ints so I don't know what they are talking about. Infact Zerline from nfl draft rated Bolton higher than he did Darius Leonard and says he's a three down back so we'll see who is right in the end.

RunKC 05-02-2021 12:32 PM

They’re kinda right though. Bolton does most things well. He isn’t great at anything physically and when you see him on tape. He’s a high floor, low ceiling player.

I guess you could say he’s very smart and that’s fine, but so is Hitchens and he’s kinda just there.

I think Gay has way more potential

staylor26 05-02-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15658845)
They’re kinda right though. Bolton does most things well. He isn’t great at anything physically and when you see him on tape. He’s a high floor, low ceiling player.

I guess you could say he’s very smart and that’s fine, but so is Hitchens and he’s kinda just there.

He’s absolutely great at playing downhill and knocking people the **** out.

To just shrug off the mental aspect is reeruned. The coaches have always spoken about Hitchens intelligence and ability to be a coach on the field since day 1. It’s extremely valuable for them, and it’s obvious why.

Bolton also has much more upside than Hitchens. He plays a lot faster/quicker, and he’s already probably better in coverage. His ball skills are also significantly better, so I’d expect him to make more plays in coverage than Hitchens ever has.

Would you rather pay Hitchens type of money again or get a much cheaper option with more upside on a rookie deal? It’s a position that had to be addressed this year or next, so I really don’t understand what the issue is at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-02-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15658843)
If you listen to Kent and the other AP draft guys they were almost in tears about us getting Bolton (and Creed) lol it's just pathetic :D . According to them he's just a "two down back who does what Hitchens does"...smh and these guys do draft guides for Chiefs fans??? Yes Nick is not an all world guy in coverage yet but he certainly has shown the talent to cover his man and get ints so I don't know what they are talking about. Infact Zerline from nfl draft rated Bolton higher than he did Darius Leonard and says he's a three down back so we'll see who is right in the end.

Those clowns do not know jack about football. Why anyone would care about their opinion us beyond me. He's absolutely a 3 down backer.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-02-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

They aren't right...at all. It's like they either haven't seen him play or most likely gave no ****ing clue what they are looking at. We got our Darius Leonard type .

Chris Meck 05-02-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

They said the same thing about Mathieu.

Sometimes guys are just really good at football.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15658853)
They aren't right...at all. It's like they either haven't seen him play or most likely gave no ****ing clue what they are looking at. We got our Darius Leonard type .

Bolton isn't a workout warrior, which is why he was available when we picked.

Chris Meck 05-02-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15658850)
He’s absolutely great at playing downhill and knocking people the **** out.

To just shrug off the mental aspect is reeruned. The coaches have always spoken about Hitchens intelligence and ability to be a coach on the field since day 1. It’s extremely valuable for them, and it’s obvious why.

Bolton also has much more upside than Hitchens. He plays a lot faster/quicker, and he’s already probably better in coverage. His ball skills are also significantly better, so I’d expect him to make more plays in coverage than Hitchens ever has.

Would you rather pay Hitchens type of money again or get a much cheaper option with more upside on a rookie deal? It’s a position that had to be addressed this year or next, so I really don’t understand what the issue is at all.

I CHOOSE VIOLENCE!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 05-02-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15658944)
Bolton isn't a workout warrior, which is why he was available when we picked.

His game speed is fine. Was a great pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-02-2021 03:32 PM

But but but the 3 cone :whackit:

Matrix 05-02-2021 03:33 PM

I'm a proud Mizzou fan today. Drink is slowly changing the culture and I'm looking forward to seeing them produce multiple NFL players like they used to.

duncan_idaho 05-02-2021 03:47 PM

I would be interested to see the rating of Bolton’s play speed - similar to what they did with Waddle last year.

I suspect he’d retain more of his speed in pads than most LBs just from watching him play.

I saw him play 30ish SEC games and don’t think he ever looked slow.

His 2020 tape also probably lies a little bit about him - he played the last several games with a nagging lower body injury and also had a pretty weak DL in front of him.