ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Looking for suggestions: BBQ Sauce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327072)

Indian Chief 12-02-2019 10:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, and please keep them coming in the future. I bookmarked the thread for some orders down the road.

My cart started getting a little full so I got about half of what I wanted and I'll save the rest for later.

I ended up grabbing the following:
Firebug, Original and Hot
Head Country Hot
Gates Original
Hillsdale Hot
Blues Hog Original

DJ's left nut 12-02-2019 10:36 PM

Crap, forgot to throw a bottle of Hillsdale in there.

Went with:

Night of the Living (2)
Firebug Hot (2) and original (1)
Pain is Good Ghost Pepper Barbecue (1)
Pain is Good Garlic Style Hot Sauce (1)
A bottle of G-Sauce from Go Chicken Go (because my dad loves the shit)
And a gallon of Tiger Sauce. Because it will make my wife angry and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy that big ass bottle than all the little 4 oz bottles I can find at grocery stores.

Preciate the suggestions gents and thanks to the OP for kicking off the ideas.

Indian Chief 12-02-2019 10:47 PM

Holy crap I'm an idiot. The whole reason I was on there was to get some more Night of the Living and I completely forgot it when going down the rabbit hole.

I just placed a second order for a gallon of Night and I grabbed a small bottle of Tiger to try.

Rain Man 12-02-2019 10:52 PM

I'm in a barbecue sauce desert here in Denver right now. All of the sauce I can get at the store is pretty meh.

Miles 12-02-2019 11:04 PM

I learned of Tiger Sauce living in Louisiana for a couple of years. Really good on a burger.

Indian Chief 12-02-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14631261)
I'm in a barbecue sauce desert here in Denver right now. All of the sauce I can get at the store is pretty meh.

I hear you. I don't think I've ever seen good BBQ sauce on a shelf in New Jersey. That's why I jumped all over the free shipping and stocked up for a good 6-8 months.

eDave 12-02-2019 11:29 PM

Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different has negligible differences.

DJ's left nut 12-02-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14631298)
Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different is has negligible differences.

So you learned how to figure out who thumbed down ya and now you're just looking to celebrate it, eh?

Because really, this post should end up hidden due to low vote totals when all is said and done.

This is an objectively terrible take.

Rain Man 12-02-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Go ahead and crap on me, but I always have a squeeze bottle of KC Masterpiece on hand. Anything different is has negligible differences.

What? Barbecue is highly customized, and can vary widely in flavor and quality. It's not some generic commodity like beer where every brand tastes the same,.

eDave 12-02-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14631300)
So you learned how to figure out who thumbed down ya and now you're just looking to celebrate it, eh?

Because really, this post should end up hidden due to low vote totals when all is said and done.

This is an objectively terrible take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14631318)
What? Barbecue is highly customized, and can vary widely in flavor and quality. It's not some generic commodity like beer where every brand tastes the same,.

Ouch.

Never really been a BBQ snob is all. You want to get nuts? I like A1 on my $68 steak at The Mission. I'll fight any one of you mother****ers.

DJ's left nut 12-02-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14631323)
Ouch.

Never really been a BBQ snob is all. You want to get nuts? I like A1 on my $68 steak at The Mission. I'll fight any one of you mother****ers.

I saw a dude order a $60 steak, order it well done and smother it in ketchup. I know that's okay in Kansas City now.

But it ****ing isn't!

Savages.

srvy 12-03-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Rich Davis original recipe was great when he sold to Clorox (Procter & Gamble) they changed it up a bit its thicker now and quite a bet sweeter. Rick Davis was a bbq legend and his award winning sauce redefined the KC bbq sauce which was dominated by Memphis transplants at the time. Yes the sauce isnt as good now but its damn better than what most people across the country got with Hunts and Kraft or Ott's. Nothing to be ashamed of at all hell i pick up a bottle of the original recipe all the time.

srvy 12-03-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14631330)
I saw a dude order a $60 steak, order it well done and smother it in ketchup. I know that's okay in Kansas City now.

But it ****ing isn't!

Savages.

His 60 bucks I suppose he can eat it how he damn well pleases.

bdj23 12-03-2019 12:49 AM

I usually go with Cowtown - night of the living sauce. Wife prefers Gate's and it's good too but nothing tops KC/OKC Joe's sauces.

eDave 12-03-2019 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14631330)

But it ****ing isn't!

Savages.

That might just get your ass kicked.