ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2014 MLB ALL STAR GAME**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285010)

BigRedChief 07-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10748992)
if your team had the money to hand out insane contracts you wouldnt mind one bit, because in the end it doesnt hurt the team! Dodgers could cut Either and Crawford and it wouldnt hurt them one bit, it would actually help them as they suck now. lol

True dat but I still think baseball should adopt an NFL salary cap. It would benefit all of baseball if a teams success was based on drafting and developing players.

kcxiv 07-16-2014 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10748999)
True dat but I still think baseball should adopt an NFL salary cap. It would benefit all of baseball if a teams success was based on drafting and developing players.

I would love to see that as well. I'd like to see teams that have to have everything just perfect fall into place actually have a fighting chance and can afford a mistake or 2.

KC_Connection 07-16-2014 04:44 AM

Good luck getting the players to agree to a salary cap with as much money as MLB owners are already making. It's never going to happen.

kcxiv 07-16-2014 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10749050)
Good luck getting the players to agree to a salary cap with as much money as MLB owners are already making. It's never going to happen.

We all know it wont happen, hell Selig was talking about them bitching and moaning about how it is now! Saying it was a real struggle or something similar to that.

Still can hope though NFL did it. Never know.

Mother****erJones 07-16-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10748922)
Didn't the last 10 WS champs all have payrolls over 100m.

White Sox was 65 mil in '05

WhawhaWhat 07-16-2014 06:38 AM

Did you guys know that last night was Derek Jeter's last All Star game?

Three7s 07-16-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10749090)
Did you guys know that last night was Derek Jeter's last All Star game?

No, but I'm sure Joe Buck will tell me all about it.

BigRedChief 07-16-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10749050)

Yep, there would have to be a stoppage of baseball, Cancel another world series etc. etc. Real nasty.

displacedinMN 07-16-2014 11:03 AM

[IMG]http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/420*560/BsjnLByCAAAUUvS.jpg[/IMG]

A ball-shagging fan strategically parked among the masses in the left-field stands during Monday’s Home Run Derby at Target Field has a souvenir that he carries with him every waking and sleeping moment but is sure to disappear before too long.

Jordan Jacobson, 19, stuck out his right hand Monday night in an attempt to nab a blast from Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton during the competition among major league musclemen.

But the ball deflected off Jacobson’s mitt-less flesh and was pounced on by another fan in the crowded lower level more than 350 feet from where the 240-pound Stanton let it rip.

Jacobson could only stare down at his swollen and bruised hand, an image prominently displayed on the widely viewed Deadspin sports website.

“He bruised it pretty badly,” said fellow Lakeville North High School grad and former baseball teammate Adam Alexander, who was next to Jacobson and wearing a conversation-starting Pete Rose jersey. “It went off his hand, and it went to someone else.”

In an interview with a Florida-based sports and pop culture blog, Jacobson said, “It was extremely painful at first, then went numb after about 15 minutes. It probably would have felt better if I would have gotten the ball.”

When he posted a pic of his hurtin’ hand on Twitter, he wrote: “Note to self ... Bring a glove to the homerun derby next year.”

Alexander said his buddy has reached out on Twitter to the 6-foot-6 Stanton in hopes of some gain from his pain.

“Hey @Giancarlo818 thanks, I forgot to bring my mit,” Jacobson wrote, including a photo of the damaged digits.

Kansas City Kid 07-16-2014 11:24 AM

Why was Johnny Damon singing God Bless America last night?

stonedstooge 07-16-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10749132)
Yep, there would have to be a stoppage of baseball, Cancel another world series etc. etc. Real nasty.

AND I'm sure it will happen the year the Royals are in first place headed to the playoffs. FML

kcxiv 07-16-2014 08:15 PM

That bruise on that guys hand is nasty!

BigRedChief 07-16-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10750320)
That bruise on that guys hand is nasty!

The ball is coming off his bat at 120 mph. I would think it has lost maybe 20-30 MPH by the time it reaches the outfield fence.

So sticking your bare hand out in front of something going 90-100 mph will leave a mark? I'm shocked!

cmh6476 10-08-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10748884)
So the World Series will be at Kauffman this year.

If you meant the first two at least then yes maybe

Prison Bitch 10-08-2014 06:10 PM

The payroll thing is hard to overcome long term, but there's some serious dark humor watching Texas drop 22M/per on that worthless lardo at 1B. Or watching Josh Hamilton embarrass himself against the Royals and going to the internet and gasping for air in laughter that they owe him 89M the next 3 years.

Schadenfreude.