ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What do I do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275052)

Titty Meat 08-03-2013 08:32 PM

What do I do?

I'm sure in tasteless fashion this thread will get a lot of jokes most of them won't be funny but oh well..

This girl I went to high school with made a depressing status on Facebook saying how she's given up. After talking with her in private she revealed she's going to lose her child in a custody battle and when she does she is going to kill herself. I've talked with her for 30 mins she said her mind is made up and it will be quick and painless.

Obviously my thought process is to call the authorities but here's the thing

A) what if she's over exaggerating the case. I call the police and then shell definitely lose the case.

B) She actually does follow through. Ill feel somewhat guilty.

What would you do in this situation?

SPchief 08-03-2013 08:35 PM

PIIHB

Hammock Parties 08-03-2013 08:36 PM

Give her another child.

This is your hour, billay.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 08-03-2013 08:36 PM

You know she would have just done the deed, if she didn't want something from you. What that is ???????????????????????????????

Jewish Rabbi 08-03-2013 08:36 PM

Call the cops. Would you rather have her lose custody of her kids or lose her life?

Titty Meat 08-03-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9856865)
Give her another child.

Ok that made me lol

Ming the Merciless 08-03-2013 08:37 PM

take it seriously

beach tribe 08-03-2013 08:39 PM

Enter a pact with her.

SAUTO 08-03-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9856870)
take it seriously

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 08-03-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9856871)
Enter a pact with her.

Reported.

To the lolz police

SPchief 08-03-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Enter a pact with her.

LMAO

beach tribe 08-03-2013 08:40 PM

Seriously though,
Why is a woman losing her kid?
Call the cops. She probably shouldnt have it anyway.

Lex Luthor 08-03-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9856868)
Call the cops.

Yeah, that will help. :facepalm:

If she is determined to kill herself, she's going to succeed. This was a cry for help, and calling the cops is not the way to help her.

If Billay is just learning about this via Facebook, that means he is not a close friend or family member. He needs to find a close friend or family member and let that person know what is going on. Or he could put her in touch with a suicide hotline.

Calling the cops is not the answer.

lewdog 08-03-2013 08:42 PM

Tell her that if she spares her life, you'll provide to her two tickets to a Cornhuskers basketball game this fall.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 08-03-2013 08:45 PM

The body stays acceptably warm for about 4 hours in August/Hootie

Titty Meat 08-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9856877)
Seriously though,
Why is a woman losing her kid?
Call the cops. She probably shouldnt have it anyway.

I'm not sure. I don't know much about her personal life this is just a girl I went to school with that's why I'm hesitant about what to do.

Lex Luthor 08-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9856883)
Tell her that if she spares her life, you'll provide to her two tickets to a Cornhuskers basketball game this fall.

Or better yet, tell her you WON'T. This is the Cornhuskers we're talking about here.

tecumseh 08-03-2013 08:45 PM

Just keep talking to her. Maybe visit if possible. It does sound more like a cry for help but I'd still try to help.

Lex Luthor 08-03-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9856889)
I'm not sure. I don't know much about her personal life this is just a girl I went to school with that's why I'm hesitant about what to do.

The correct answer can be found in post #2.

beach tribe 08-03-2013 08:48 PM

I have no idea why I mentioned cops.
I would never call them on or for anyone.

Hammock Parties 08-03-2013 08:48 PM

Make sure her apartment doesn't have a balcony.

DeezNutz 08-03-2013 08:54 PM

You don't talk to this girl regularly? You just happened across her Facebook update?

So...what to do? Obviously, you need to save the pictures you were looking for.

MOhillbilly 08-03-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9856896)
The correct answer can be found in post #2.

He's a wimp

Prison Bitch 08-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9856865)
Give her another child.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back for more ChiefsPlanet

Setsuna 08-03-2013 09:06 PM

Pray for her.

SPchief 08-03-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9856926)
Pray for her.

She definitely needs to be on her knees

Hammock Parties 08-03-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9856921)
It's posts like this that keep me coming back for more ChiefsPlanet

Prison Bitch, I just wanted to tell you I've always appreciated your DC stylings.

DeezNutz 08-03-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9856926)
Pray for her.

Or prey on her.

Knights of the Old Republic up in this bitch.

BossChief 08-03-2013 09:23 PM

If the girl is gonna kill herself because she loses her child, what does that say about how much she honestly cares about her child in the first place?

Setsuna 08-03-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9856928)
She definitely needs to be on her knees

Is this a joke?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9856939)
Or prey on her.

Knights of the Old Republic up in this bitch.

LMAO you cray

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9856945)
If the girl is gonna kill herself because she loses her child, what does that say about how much she honestly cares about her child in the first place?

It's just like being broken up with. You never think of anything besides the pain. She's in a state of extreme emotional distress tell a family member.

Rasputin 08-03-2013 09:48 PM

Fathers deserve to get the kids too. I have no sympathy for her if she loses custody of them kids.

It is devastating I know that, but it is about time the courts are fair to dads. She can get over her self pity pot and be supportive of the kids anyways by paying child support and get visit time with them.

mr. tegu 08-03-2013 10:04 PM

In a situation like this, in which she is facing a life changing moment, suical thoughts are not uncommon, especially for people who tend to exaggerate or are black and white thinkers. At the time she sees no other possible outcome and additionally a threat like this is sure to garner attention and is a way for her to try to get her way. Now we know this threat wont help but she is not thinking rationally about the situation. Suicidal thoughts should be addressed and worked on, not suppressed. So suggesting a hotline or a counselor would be the best thing for her.

Unless she starts saying how she will do it and has plans laid out, such as the method, place, time, etc. you wouldn't want to get someone involved such as the police that may require she be put on constant or surveillance in a hospital. People will say they want to do it, but when they try to make that leap they typically fail. About 4-5% are all that actually go through with it and are "successful." So keeping an eye out for anything that resembles a plan in individuals is something that should make you want to utilize more invasive actions to help the person.

SomeRandomGirl 08-03-2013 10:08 PM

Try to persuade her to call and talk to someone.
Suicide Prevention

National Hopeline Center (800) SUICIDE (784-2433) A 24-hour hot line, plus support and information for people suffering from all types of depression, including depression during pregnancy and postpartum depression.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (273-8255) (800) 799-4TTY (799-4889) "The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline a national 24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help. [Callers] will be routed to the closest possible provider of mental health and suicide prevention services. The network is composed of over 115 individual crisis centers across the country.

threebag 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

Be a Gentleman and be her stunt double.

Shogun 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

http://www.datfeel.com/drupal/sites/...?itok=2e1HHbAw

Eleazar 08-03-2013 10:12 PM

I knew before I even scrolled down the first post would be PIIHB

Titty Meat 08-03-2013 10:13 PM

I contacted some of her friends on Facebook and let them know what was said to me. Its the best I can do I guess.

ghak99 08-03-2013 10:15 PM

Why are there no pics in this thread yet?

Demonpenz 08-03-2013 10:20 PM

People who are going to kill themselves don't tell anyone because they don't want to be talked out of it.

Frazod 08-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9857038)
People who are going to kill themselves don't tell anyone because they don't want to be talked out of it.

This. People who want attention threaten suicide. People who really want to die just do it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-03-2013 10:27 PM

Billay is a Facebook creep. Never would have guessed...

lewdog 08-03-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9857051)
This. People who want attention threaten suicide. People who really want to die just do it.

It's true. I've known a handful of kids I grew up with who took their lives. Not one person saw it coming. And nothing even close to someone threatening they were going to do it.

bevischief 08-04-2013 01:31 AM

Call the Police.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 08-04-2013 03:46 AM

The renewed hope that is Tyler Bray has left this place less dark. True fans are winning!

CrazyPhuD 08-04-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9857028)
I contacted some of her friends on Facebook and let them know what was said to me. Its the best I can do I guess.

I would say call the cops and you would do it not because of her but because of her kids.

The problem is, unless they're in one of about 5 states there may be little or nothing that can be done by them.(it probably doesn't hurt to call the local PDs non emergency line to ask if there is something that can be done).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involun...#United_States

This is one of the few cases when I'd say that something CA or FL does might actually be good. They provide a mechanism where the police can take someone deemed to be in imminent danger to themselves or someone else and place them under a 72hr psychiatric hold. In short they would be evaluated by doctors for up to 72hours.

If it was determined that the problem was serious they could be committed for longer. As shitty an option as that is, I'd rather have a friend of mine hate me for the remainder of their life than a child lose their parent. Yes she may not be the worlds best parent right now but things can improve and she can get joint custody at a later date.

I'd bet your not in one of the 5 listed states which gives you less options. Honestly the question is, how badly do you want to make sure she doesn't do it? About all you may be able to do is be there for her and this likely means alot. I.e. talking to them potentially every day to see how they are doing. Visiting them to let them know that they are not alone and that things will get better.

Letting her now that even if she loses them now, if she improves and gets her life in order she might be able to get joint custody later. Realistically it could require A LOT of time on your part to make sure she's in a healthy place or to get her to seek out treatment. It's about how badly you want to make sure she doesn't do it.

But on the plus side if you really do put in a ton of time you probably would be able to PIIHB at some point. The downside is that she could go psycho on you after.

BlackHelicopters 08-04-2013 06:08 AM

What method is she going to use that is quick and painless?

Nickel D 08-04-2013 06:23 AM

Antifreeze.

Lonewolf Ed 08-04-2013 06:33 AM

I went through something similar with a friend from school on FB. She wrote something cryptic about understanding her sister at last, who did commit suicide many years back, and something about hoping her daughter would understand. She also wrote about wishing she could change the pages already written in her "book" and that the story was over. Well, it turned out she is a hell of a drama queen, and after a few weeks of that sulking, she fell back in love with her man and everything was peachy again! Until the next time she went into dark drama mode... :#:#

That isn't to say the situation is the same in your friend's case, but my friend started up with that crap again and I changed it so I can't see anything she posts now. The last time she posted, "I hate him and I'm never trusting him again!!!!!!! (can't remember exactly how many ! she used, but it was more than I did...) that was the last straw. She is on permanent mute!

Rausch 08-04-2013 06:50 AM

Doesn't sound to stable.

Kid might be leaving for good reason...

Rasputin 08-04-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9857208)
Doesn't sound to stable.

Kid might be leaving for good reason...

This, the kids will be better off going to their dads. She needs get help for herself and get over it.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-04-2013 07:00 AM

Sounds like a great mother.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-04-2013 07:03 AM

http://images.catholic.org/ins_news/2010105937abuse.jpg

Hydrae 08-04-2013 07:38 AM

Talk to her. Get her to talk about what is going on. She may not have anyone she can share this stressful time with and that is what is building up the pressure for her. Maybe just having a sympathetic ear will help her get past the darkness she is fighting now. She needs to be able to see the rest of the world and life, not just the depression of losing her child.

ghak99 08-04-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9857216)

LMAO

Sully 08-04-2013 08:15 AM

I've discussed this story before...

When I was young, my parents divorced. At first, tey had joint custody, and everything was about 50/50.
As I went through junior high, my real mom began to really play up the single life. She was out a lot, brought people home late, even married a guy in order to keep him in the country. She also spent all my child support money on her own things.
Meanwhile, my dad remarried, moved into a nice place in a nice school district, and had a really stable place.
One Christmas, the plan was that I spent Christmas Eve with my dad and Christmas Day with my real mom. Christmas Eve went great, but the Christmas morning my mom picked me up and everything went to shit. My mom was on a tear, berating me for not being a good son, for being excited about the gifts my dad could buy me that she couldn't, etc. I was 12, and it took all the courage I had to tell her that I wasn't going to spend Christmas this way, and that she should take me back to my dad's.
The next day, I was back at my mom's. it was difficult and awkward. She proceeded to tell me, in great detail, how she had tried to kill herself the day before, putting the blame on me for abandoning her. You have no idea how that ****s with a 12-year ild's mind. I finally moved in with my father a few years later and cut off all contact with her for years. As I was in my 20s, we began to try and rebuild a relationship. Thing is, she was still the same. Guilt trips, not "getting enough" from me as her son, etc. after a particular weekend where she needed money and I had none to give, and refused to go to friends to borrow any, it happened again.
She called me asking me to come take her to the ER, because she was having "insulin problems." After a few hours at KU Med, it got weird. I was asked into a private room with a doctor and asked if I could be around her for a few days to keep an eye on her. I said I would, and figured it was a health issue. On the way home, though, she let me know she had tried to kill herself, and if I was a better son, she wouldn't have felt so hopeless.
It's been 10 years since we've had a relationship. We've talked a couple of times, but I refuse to expose myself, and now my family, to that type of abuse and manipulation. I am ****ed up in so many ways because of her.

My long-winded point is this...
Good. It's good she's losing custody. She's unable to be a stable influence on her child and can do more damage than good. I pray to God she doesn't take her life, and that she finds the help she needs. But my thoughts are with that kid, and hoping he or she doesn't have to go through the shit I have.
I don't have an answer for your question, but I just felt very strongly about this, and I apologize for the hijack.

Mrs. Loopner 08-04-2013 08:57 AM

You need to call the Suicide Hotline and tell them what you know. They know best how to handle it and will contact her.

Don't wait for someone else to call. That's like when the electricity goes off, you think someone else will then no one does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9857016)
Suicide Prevention

National Hopeline Center (800) SUICIDE (784-2433)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (273-8255) (800) 799-4TTY (799-4889)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-04-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9856983)
Fathers deserve to get the kids too. I have no sympathy for her if she loses custody of them kids.

It is devastating I know that, but it is about time the courts are fair to dads. She can get over her self pity pot and be supportive of the kids anyways by paying child support and get visit time with them.

Yup. She isn't entitled to shit just because she is female.

Titty Meat 08-04-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9857262)

When I was young, my parents divorced. At first, tey had joint custody, and everything was about 50/50.
As I went through junior high, my real mom began to really play up the single life. She was out a lot, brought people home late, even married a guy in order to keep him in the country. She also spent all my child support money on her own things.
Meanwhile, my dad remarried, moved into a nice place in a nice school district, and had a really stable place.
One Christmas, the plan was that I spent Christmas Eve with my dad and Christmas Day with my real mom. Christmas Eve went great, but the Christmas morning my mom picked me up and everything went to shit. My mom was on a tear, berating me for not being a good son, for being excited about the gifts my dad could buy me that she couldn't, etc. I was 12, and it took all the courage I had to tell her that I wasn't going to spend Christmas this way, and that she should take me back to my dad's.
The next day, I was back at my mom's. it was difficult and awkward. She proceeded to tell me, in great detail, how she had tried to kill herself the day before, putting the blame on me for abandoning her. You have no idea how that ****s with a 12-year ild's mind. I finally moved in with my father a few years later and cut off all contact with her for years. As I was in my 20s, we began to try and rebuild a relationship. Thing is, she was still the same. Guilt trips, not "getting enough" from me as her son, etc. after a particular weekend where she needed money and I had none to give, and refused to go to friends to borrow any, it happened again.
She called me asking me to come take her to the ER, because she was having "insulin problems." After a few hours at KU Med, it got weird. I was asked into a private room with a doctor and asked if I could be around her for a few days to keep an eye on her. I said I would, and figured it was a health issue. On the way home, though, she let me know she had tried to kill herself, and if I was a better son, she wouldn't have felt so hopeless.
It's been 10 years since we've had a relationship. We've talked a couple of times, but I refuse to expose myself, and now my family, to that type of abuse and manipulation. I am ****ed up in so many ways because of her.

Good. It's good she's losing custody. She's unable to be a stable influence on her child and can do more damage than good. I pray to God she doesn't take her life, and that she finds the help she needs. But my thoughts are with that kid, and hoping he or she doesn't have to go through the shit I have.
I don't have an answer for your question, but I just felt very strongly about this, and I apologize for the hijack.

Holy shit man I'm sorry you went through all of that.

Sully 08-04-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9857391)
Holy shit man I'm sorry you went through all of that.

I really don't say all that for sympathy. I just say it as someone who has (maybe) some insight to that type of situation. And someone who hopes beyond hope that this woman can get help, if she needs it, for her child... rather than leaving some pretty big scars.

Mr. Laz 08-04-2013 10:03 AM

calling the cops will ensure that she does lose the child and lead to more depression

keep talking to her, she wouldn't of told you if she didn't want attention

change subject a little bit ... slowly try to talk about less depressing stuff

don't try to get laid ... you're a man, don't act like it wasn't crossing your mind to be the hero and get some

need to contact a close friend and/or family of hers to get help with making a better support system for her

jmo

Mr. Laz 08-04-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9857016)
Try to persuade her to call and talk to someone.
Suicide Prevention

National Hopeline Center (800) SUICIDE (784-2433) A 24-hour hot line, plus support and information for people suffering from all types of depression, including depression during pregnancy and postpartum depression.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (273-8255) (800) 799-4TTY (799-4889) "The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline a national 24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help. [Callers] will be routed to the closest possible provider of mental health and suicide prevention services. The network is composed of over 115 individual crisis centers across the country.

first thing they will do is call the cops

worthless

SuperChief 08-04-2013 10:07 AM

Serious question - where did you go to high school? This sounds awfully similar to a situation with a relative of mine that is happening right now.

Titty Meat 08-04-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9857426)
calling the cops will ensure that she does lose the child and lead to more depression

don't try to get laid ... you're a man, don't act like it wasn't crossing your mind to be the hero and get some

need to contact a close friend and/or family of hers to get help with making a better support system for her

jmo

Lol @ don't try to get laid. The last thing I need is a women like that.

My confusion about the situation has kinda turned to anger. I think she was doing this for attention. ****ing pathetic.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-04-2013 10:12 AM

Give her a link to POF. She'd fit in well.

Mr. Laz 08-04-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9857441)
Lol @ don't try to get laid. The last thing I need is a women like that.

My confusion about the situation has kinda turned to anger. I think she was doing this for attention. ****ing pathetic.

getting laid and 'getting a woman like that' are too completely different things.

oh it was definitely about attention but that doesn't mean the depression isn't real

Demonpenz 08-04-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9857262)

**** you mom I'm coaching Varsity!!!

Eleazar 08-04-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Enter a pact with her.

ROFL

Saulbadguy 08-04-2013 01:49 PM

Have Laz white knight her.

Brock 08-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9857426)

jmo

That's some brutally bad advice right there.

RedNFeisty 08-04-2013 05:48 PM

If she is on the verge of losing her child maybe she isn't fit to be a mother and the courts see that. Than add the fact she is talking about taking her life,doesn't sound good at all. I would probably call the cops before she takes her and her child's life.

Prison Bitch 08-04-2013 05:54 PM

If this girl dies, Pelini will probably have to take his own life. That's my advice on all this.