ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Playoff status & early predictions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318647)

JD10367 11-05-2018 08:54 AM

Playoff status & early predictions

The way the AFC currently sits, it’s clear who the haves and have-nots are. I think the current seedings are pretty much how it’ll end up.

1. Chiefs
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Texans
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

The NFC picture is much tougher. I’m going with...

1. Rams
2. Saints
3. Vikings
4. Eagles
5. Panthers
6. Bears

This would set up Cincy @ Pitt, SD @ Houston, Chicago @ Minny, and Carolina @ Philly. I think the Chargers and Panthers would win as road teams, setting up a next round of SD @ KC, Pitt @ NE, Carolina @ LAR, and Minny @ NO. That would be four awesome semifinal games with eight worthy teams.

tooge 11-05-2018 09:08 AM

obviously, the biggest game left on the schedule is LAC. Win that one, and you get a home game, and maybe more.

Raytownxx 11-05-2018 09:09 AM

Love how our season is going so far and the offense is incredible. However I’m still not sold on our defense at all. I don’t see us winning any playoff game against the Steelers . Patriot etc( battle hardened perennial playoff teams) if Andy doesn’t come up with a solution to our defense dilemma then I see our season ending just like many others before. Stellar season and one win or loss in the playoffs. You cannot trade touchdowns with the Browns and think you are gonna go far against much better teams

Best22 11-05-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raytownxx (Post 13870843)
Love how our season is going so far and the offense is incredible. However I’m still not sold on our defense at all. I don’t see us winning any playoff game against the Steelers . Patriot etc( battle hardened perennial playoff teams) if Andy doesn’t come up with a solution to our defense dilemma then I see our season ending just like many others before. Stellar season and one win or loss in the playoffs. You cannot trade touchdowns with the Browns and think you are gonna go far against much better teams

We smoked Pitt and almost beat New England on a day Mahomes had an off night

The past is irrelevant. We have Mahomes. “Trade touchdowns with the Browns?” The last time Denver won a Superbowl Cleveland took them to overtime, and that was before Mayfield and Landry.

Kansas City is the team to beat in the AFC

chinaski 11-05-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Quit being such a Debbie Downer. Defenses across the board suck. Watch some other games and you will see for yourself. We already beat the Steelers. We hung with the Patriots just fine and barely lost that game. The Browns are actually a fairly decent team, and we rolled those guys fairly easily. We weren't trading touch downs with them.

RunKC 11-05-2018 09:24 AM

Besides Chiefs PTSD, only 2 things worry me:

1. Playing in New England (we’ll get ****ed by the refs)
2. Playing the Steelers again

Get HFA and none of those 2 happen.

JD10367 11-05-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13870841)
obviously, the biggest game left on the schedule is LAC. Win that one, and you get a home game, and maybe more.

Rams, Chargers, and Seahawks are the only challenges left for the Chiefs, and I don't see them losing more than one of those. The Patriots still have the Vikings and Steelers on the schedule and I see them losing one of them, so the Chiefs would still finish 14-2 vs. 13-3. But let's say the Chiefs lose two of those; the only thing that flips is the Pats have the #1 seed and the Chiefs have the #2. They're still getting a home game and a bye.

carlos3652 11-05-2018 09:25 AM

We are 3-1 vs playoff teams so far, 3 of those games coming on the road.

I have never felt more confident in this team.

bowener 11-05-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

I think Andy's plan is to just outscore everyone. It isn't a great plan, but I'd give us the edge over any team if we are at Arrowhead. I also believe Berry will return for the playoffs with his heel so shot up with lidocaine he won't even be aware he has a lower appendage. Having him on the field calling out audibles will help greatly, as well as hard ****ing hits and our DBs knowing he has their back.

Dante84 11-05-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13870856)
We smoked Pitt and almost beat New England on a day Mahomes had an off night

The past is irrelevant. We have Mahomes. “Trade touchdowns with the Browns?” The last time Denver won a Superbowl Cleveland took them to overtime, and that was before Mayfield and Landry.

Kansas City is the team to beat in the AFC

To play devil’s advocate:

- Pitt: We has an early season surprise in our favor for Pitt. No one knew what we had yet except the Chiefs coaching staff. Pitt didn’t know what they had in their RB yet. They are still a scary team, although we are better.

- NE: Mahomes had an off-half because they made him have an off-half. We adjusted, but they were creative and threw him off. Also, watching NE’s game last night made me very scared for our defense. Those trick plays would have destroyed us.

- Chargers: they scare me because if their WR’s showed up to that game, it would have been a different story. They are in sync now, and will have Bosa back. I still think we are better.

Chiefs4TheWin 11-05-2018 09:29 AM

Defense will screw us at some point. It's a damn shame. I am enjoying the ride though!

carcosa 11-05-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 13870864)
We are 3-1 vs playoff teams so far, 3 of those games coming on the road.

I have never felt more confident in this team.

YES!

TwistedChief 11-05-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

We've beaten the Steelers on the road. We've beaten the Chargers on a neutral field. We took the Patriots to the last minute in NE. We broke the Jaguars.

No one is "sold" on the defense. But we have Mahomes so to equate this at all with prior seasons is entirely missing the point: WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD ON OUR TEAM EVERY GAME WE PLAY FROM HERE ON OUT. That will get us farther than the last few seasons.

carcosa 11-05-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13870892)
We've beaten the Steelers on the road. We've beaten the Chargers on a neutral field. We took the Patriots to the last minute in NE. We broke the Jaguars.

No one is "sold" on the defense. But we have Mahomes so to equate this at all with prior seasons is entirely missing the point: WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD ON OUR TEAM EVERY GAME WE PLAY FROM HERE ON OUT. That will get us farther than the last few seasons.

HELL YES!!!

Iczer 11-05-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13870892)

The thing is, KC's defense could get better. Get a healthy Houston back... Sorenson could actually help. I'm thinking the lesser of evils at this point.

Dare I say it, Eric Berry as well?