ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What food(s) do you think are overrated? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313878)

Over Yonder 02-12-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13413535)
An underrated food is meatloaf. Nobody makes a big deal about meatloaf, but it can be pretty darned good. I think I'm going to make one tonight.

Does anyone know if there's a CP thread about meatloaf?

I think it's part of a mental block or something, but meatloaf and spaghetti are in the same category for me. If I'm drunk, I can eat them. Otherwise, if one or the other are what's for supper, I just make a sandwich with some chips or something.

I can't explain why I don't care for them, I just don't :shrug:

SAUTO 02-12-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13413607)
Cheesy potatoes. I love cheese, and I love potatoes. I don't ****ing care about cheesy potatoes - they're gross and everyone loves them.

there is definitely something terribly wrong with you

BucEyedPea 02-12-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13413152)
You guys aren't American. Please move to Europe. :)

Mmmmmmmm...Boeuf Bourguignon , Chateaubriand, Chicken in a creamy Dijon sauce with tarragon, any cream sauce, haricots vert, sweetened carrots with dill, Petite Marmite, Vichyssoise and crepes.

Over Yonder 02-12-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Cheesy potatoes. I love cheese, and I love potatoes. I don't ****ing care about cheesy potatoes - they're gross and everyone loves them.

Really? Man I wish I didn't like them. I need to back away from the carbs, gettin older and starting to put a few pounds on, but stuff like cheesy potatoes won't allow it :(

And that brings up another topic. 20 yrs ago, I could eat a whole cow and not gain an ounce, now if I look at a cheeseburger, I've got to loosen the belt.

Gettin' old sucks :cuss:

Sorry, rant over. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming :D

BucEyedPea 02-12-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13413568)
Last year my bloodwork came back great.

This year we'll see...

Great!

I also get keep my PH levels balanced. Helps too.

KCUnited 02-12-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 13413633)
Ramen noodles. Don’t understand how this is a thing. It used to just be the cheap packages from the store, but now there are way too many Ramen restaurants around. Are people actually enjoying these places, or is the whole country just broke and settling like college students?

Love me some ramen, but what's being served in the restaurants hardly resembles the packaged ramen from college. My favorite usually consists of pork broth with pork belly, soft boiled egg, roasted garlic cloves, mushrooms, and a variety of other things. But there's several different varieties based on regions like any other food.

What I don't understand is how people eat it during the hot summer months. It's a great winter food, imo.

BucEyedPea 02-12-2018 10:42 AM

To be honest, I can get tired of any food, if I eat it too often. Never thought I'd tire of Mexican but I OD and now I consider it overrated. Tho' my enjoyment of it, will probably come back once I get tired of Greek, which I am currently eating more often again. Then I'll get sick of that. I just get bored and like something different.

Baby Lee 02-12-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

How about funeral potatoes?

Cheesy hash browned potatoes with onion and sour cream, with bread crumbs on top.

Great potluck side

http://img.sndimg.com/food/image/upl.../pic2B8Y6b.jpg

cosmo20002 02-12-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13413331)
I'll be ready tomorrow night!!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6yy6qICUTe0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13413421)

You're determined to babbly lee-up this thread, aren't you?

raybec 4 02-12-2018 11:20 AM

My kid eats Nutella on everything, **** Nutella
Ranch Dressing can kiss my ass
Any jarred Pasta sauce (not terrible but definitely over rated)
Whole grain bread
Any meal ever eaten at a chain Japanese steakhouse

raybec 4 02-12-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13413716)
You're determined to babbly lee-up this thread, aren't you?

Apparently you're determined to be an ass aren't you?

Baby Lee 02-12-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13413721)
Apparently you're determined to be an ass aren't you?

She's a worthless piece of trash. Find me one person who has ever enjoyed a single thing she has ever had to 'contribute' here. Just one, like when God offered to spare Sodom. Find one person who's ever read one of her useless posts and said 'good point gutter slut.'

Baby Lee 02-12-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13413720)
Ranch Dressing can kiss my ass

I used to hate Ranch, one of barely a handful of foods I truly dislike. But either ranch got better, or my tastebuds mellowed. I still don't seek it out, but I don't actively recoil in disgust. Ranch chips [potato or tortilla] are still pretty nasty.

BucEyedPea 02-12-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13413731)
I used to hate Ranch, one of barely a handful of foods I truly dislike. But either ranch got better, or my tastebuds mellowed. I still don't seek it out, but I don't actively recoil in disgust. Ranch chips [potato or tortilla] are still pretty nasty.

Chipotle Ranch on a Southwest-type salad isn't bad either.

ChiliConCarnage 02-12-2018 11:36 AM

I think Avacado is overrated. guac too