ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9673295)
Its completely obscene to see they still owe him $218MM after this season.

AP will be laughing all the way to the bank, over and over again. His great,great,great grand kids will be living off the Angel's ignorance.

Its making the Zito contract look reasonable.

We were going to give him 10 years/$200 Million. It was a really stupid decision. $40 million is sure a helluva a lot of money but giving up $4 million a year would have got you "Stan the Man" status in St. Louis. 40 years after you quit playing they cheer your name. Seems to me, if it was my decision, I would have stayed no matter how much I was insulted at an offer of $200 million.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9672842)
You have to admit, it's a wonderful feeling being the fan of an organization that you believe will do the right thing rather than hope.

I expected a bounce back year from Pujols. Instead, it looks like he's firmly settled into his decline years, and that is going to go down as one of the worst contracts in baseball history.

And they gave the reins of one of the best teams in baseball to a guy who never coached a game above little league. That was pretty ballsy.

Missed another World Series by one game in his first year. In his 2nd year on 5/10 the sophomore manager's team has the best record in baseball.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9673083)
I always wanted to believe it wasn't true, but you hafta wonder if he really is older than he says.

My college roommate played HS baseball against him and he said it was generally known that he was at least 2-3 years older than his stated age.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumppy (Post 9673294)
I assume it would be a breach of contract, so that could be possible..

AP will pick it up, he will be pushing .300 by the end of the year.

Possibly, but when your lower body starts to go there isn't much you can do as a hitter. He's battling a surgically repaired knee and chronic plantar fasciitis. He went from the best defensive 1B in baseball to a guy that spends over half his time as a DH

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9673983)
Possibly, but when your lower body starts to go there isn't much you can do as a hitter. He's battling a surgically repaired knee and chronic plantar fasciitis. He went from the best defensive 1B in baseball to a guy that spends over half his time as a DH

The Cardinals haven't and shouldn't collapse because Pujols left combined with Pujols obvious decline, I think will open the door to him coming back to the Cardinals and being welcomed by the fans. This isn't a "Lebron" situation.

According to the article he still makes his home in St. Louis, still is doing all the charity work in St. Louis.

For crissakes, Jimmy played for the Brewers, Reds, Astros and San Diego after he left the Cardinals. Fans still cheer him.

O.city 05-10-2013 08:21 PM

Shelby throwing it well tonight.

Pretty hard pressed not to throw him at the top of the Rookie of the Year list so far this early year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9674301)
The Cardinals haven't and shouldn't collapse because Pujols left combined with Pujols obvious decline, I think will open the door to him coming back to the Cardinals and being welcomed by the fans. This isn't a "Lebron" situation.

According to the article he still makes his home in St. Louis, still is doing all the charity work in St. Louis.

For crissakes, Jimmy played for the Brewers, Reds, Astros and San Diego after he left the Cardinals. Fans still cheer him.

1) Jimmy was traded away for what people thought were spare parts (Freesus Christ, nonwithstanding).

2) Lebron had a legitimate reason to leave, as that team was an absolute abomination. He handled his departure poorly, but that doesn't make the choice poor, just it's execution. Pujols left a team coming off of a world title, and one of the five-eight best-run organizations in professional sports. Lebron left the Cavs.

3) He's not retiring a Cardinal. He went out of his way to extort a personal services contract to Hoover up even more of Artie Moreno's money. The next ten years of his life post baseball belong to the Angels.

4) They served Angel Food Cake at his restaurant when he signed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 08:54 PM

Ninety-five on the ****ing black to end it. Don't know if I've ever seen a better start from a Cardinal pitcher in terms of raw dominance. That was far more impressive than a number of perfect games. I bet his game score is out of this world.

Miles 05-10-2013 08:54 PM

Miller just threw a complete game one hitter with no walks. Not bad.

O.city 05-10-2013 08:55 PM

Dude just overpowered guys all night. Quite impressive.

Marcellus 05-10-2013 08:57 PM

Broken bat single to start then 27 in a row. That is dominant.

VAChief 05-10-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9674846)
Miller just threw a complete game one hitter with no walks. Not bad.

27 in a row. 13ks...About as good as it gets. The one hit was a sawed off blooper to right.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2013 09:09 PM

Miller's game score was 98. Better than Harvey's start earlier this week, and the best in baseball this year.

O.city 05-10-2013 09:13 PM

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 10m
Shelby Miller, 22, on the season: 45.2 IP, 29 H, 11 BB, 51 K, 3 HR, 1.58 ERA. Matt Harvey, 24: 49.1 IP, 22 H, 12 BB, 58 K, 2 HR, 1.28 ERA.

Both have been really impressive.

BigRedChief 05-10-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9674897)
Miller's game score was 98. Better than Harvey's start earlier this week, and the best in baseball this year.

A broken bat blooper away from a perfect game as a rookie. Very cool. I'll say it again............I love watching him pitch.:thumb: