ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Talk about putting the heat on Time Warner Cable............ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154280)

chiefqueen 12-12-2006 04:16 PM

Talk about putting the heat on Time Warner Cable............

..if they turn this down it could be a PR nightmare IMO.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/16223485.htm

HonestChieffan 12-12-2006 04:17 PM

Dish....no problem

Fish 12-12-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Although the free view will not include the Saturday night game between the New York Giants and Washington Redskins, it will include the Texas Bowl featuring Rutgers vs. Kansas State on Dec. 28 and the Insight Bowl with Minnesota vs. Texas Tech on Dec. 29.
So they offer 6 days of NFL Network, minus the damn games? And their Ace in the hole is 2 lower-tier bowl games?

Yeahhhhh.......... that'll do it..................

noa 12-12-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish
So they offer 6 days of NFL Network, minus the damn games? And their Ace in the hole is 2 lower-tier bowl games?

They don't want you to hear how crappy Bryant Gumble is.

JonesCrusher 12-12-2006 04:45 PM

Tony Soprano paid the NFL network a little visit.

Adept Havelock 12-12-2006 04:46 PM

If they pick it up, great. If not... :shrug:

Having experienced the stellar commentary of NFL network games, I'm rethinking my statement of the current MNF crew as the worst booth ever.

Calcountry 12-12-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

They will no doubt, advertise those games every single break, with a , call your cable provider to make sure you can get the games.

Crashride 12-12-2006 04:53 PM

Why do people care so much about the commentary? Its not exactly gonna help the chiefs or any team if we listen to good commentary.

noa 12-12-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashride
Why do people care so much about the commentary? Its not exactly gonna help the chiefs or any team if we listen to good commentary.

Bryant Gumble was awful on the Thanksgiving game. He never knew what down it was. He never knew how many yards were gained on a play and how many were needed for a first down. It sucks having announcers like that. I'm sure a lot of people on this board would prefer to see a Chiefs game with good commentators instead of Bryant Gumble.

FloridaMan88 12-12-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
If they pick it up, great. If not... :shrug:

Having experienced the stellar commentary of NFL network games, I'm rethinking my statement of the current MNF crew as the worst booth ever.

Granted I'm basing this on only seeing the first game (Chiefs/Denver) that the NFL Network broadcast but the NFL Network's broadcast is superior to the 4 letter network's simply because they actually focus 100% on the GAME rather than parading around dumb celebs to pimp Disney-owned properties

Coach 12-12-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashride

They are professionals. They are being paid as professionals. I expect the professional f**kstick to announce the goddamn game like a professional, and not having to have interviews with some dumb-assed college kid/hot singer male, who doesn't have a goddamn clue on the game of football.

I want the professional f**kstick to give me his honest opinions on certain situation of the game, and explain his reasoning, instead of just saying "They should be thinking of passing here."

I also expect the professional f**kstick to correctly explain how the game goes. It is NOT a turnover on downs when a team has to punt the ball away. Or like when Texas was playing aganist K-State, the professional f**ksticks implored that it was Kansas University that beat Texas.

I can go on and on, but that's all I'm going to mention right now.

leviw 12-12-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

That was the whole point. New Jersey is like 95% Time Warner and Cablevision, so know was going to see Rutgers' bowl game. I'm pretty sure NJ's govenor even complained to congress and the NFL, among others.

Reerun_KC 12-12-2006 08:22 PM

Ah the luxury of Direct TV.. Let it rain, snow, hail or ever hurricane Katrina, I still had direct tv...

Screw cable.