ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200898)

keg in kc 01-23-2009 03:08 AM

If you're not watching Supernatural...

...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.

Fish 01-23-2009 10:08 AM

OK... you've peaked my interest. I'll check it out....

Thanks.

jidar 01-23-2009 10:25 AM

piqued

Fish 01-23-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 5418025)
piqued

Yes. That one too....

Taco John 01-23-2009 12:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

wilas101 01-23-2009 02:33 PM

My wife and daughter watch it religiously. I watched last night simply because they used douche bag in the title and it made me chuckle.

then much to my juvenile delight they kept calling people douche bags during the show as well.

good fun :)

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 06:45 PM

I've been watching this again. I'm about 6 episodes into season 2. (Seems better than season 1) Cool show.

I want that car.

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 06:58 PM

I did catch the wishing well episode last week (I think)...

The suicidal living teddy bear was awesome.

Nightwish 03-03-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5552251)
I did catch the wishing well episode last week (I think)...

The suicidal living teddy bear was awesome.

That episode aired in November. It's been in reruns since the first week of February, but new episodes resume a week from Thursday! Woohoo! One of my top five shows on TV!

My weekly must-see, in no particular order:

Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
Ghost Whisperer (yeah, I know, chick tv, but I like it)
Supernatural
Smallville
Heroes
Chuck
Knight Rider (kinda weak, but I still have to watch it, because Deanna Russo and Smith Cho are hotttt!!!)
Reaper, Sanctuary and Eureka (once they start up again; Reaper tonight!)

keg in kc 03-03-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5552214)
I've been watching this again. I'm about 6 episodes into season 2. (Seems better than season 1) Cool show.

I want that car.

Season 3 was a step up from season 2 and season 4 has been as good as anything on TV. The midseason episodes (I know what you did last summer/heaven and hell) the best episodes of any show I've seen this year.

It's on CW so everybody thinks it's 90210 with ghosts, but it's about as close to the X-Files that any show has gotten, with more humor and (I think) a better rapport between the main characters.

Season 5 just got picked up thankfully.

Frazod 03-03-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 5552266)
That episode aired in November. It's been in reruns since the first week of February, but new episodes resume a week from Thursday! Woohoo! One of my top five shows on TV!

My weekly must-see, in no particular order:

Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
Ghost Whisperer (yeah, I know, chick tv, but I like it)
Supernatural
Smallville
Heroes
Chuck
Knight Rider (kinda weak, but I still have to watch it, because Deanna Russo and Smith Cho are hotttt!!!)
Reaper, Sanctuary and Eureka (once they start up again; Reaper tonight!)

Unless you immediately swear out an affidavit professing that you ONLY watch that show because you enjoy staring at JLH's rack, I will be forced to confiscate your man card.

:mad:

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 08:06 PM

Heheh... loved the end of "The Usual Suspects" (featuring Linda Blair)

"Nice Lady."

"Yeah, for a cop. Hey, she look familiar to you?"

"Not really, why?"

"I dunno. Anyway, are you hungry?"

"Yeah, for some reason I could really go for some pea soup."

underEJ 03-04-2009 04:56 PM

I am a pretty serious television snob. I mostly watch cable shows like HBO/Showtime shows or Mad Men on AMC and Rescue Me on FX, but I love Supernatural. On network tv, it's pretty far up on the list. I'd say top 5, and seems to get better every season.

I had been thinking that cable shows are better because they don't have such a long season to water down content, but then Supernatural is 22 episode network style and doesn't seem to have a problem keeping the quality up.

KcMizzou 03-08-2009 09:53 PM

Ugh... Just finished episode 17 of season two. I don't know if any of you fans remember that one. (werewolf episode)

Damned ending nearly made me cry. (Sam's decision + Silent Lucidity... :()

That plus "Tall Tales", which was hilarious... the show really does improve as it goes on.

Bowser 03-08-2009 10:36 PM

Great. ANOTHER show I need to start watching. I need a job in those control groups they let just sit around and watch TV. I would own at that job.