ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Divorce.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316218)

baitism 07-14-2018 01:08 AM

Divorce....

Well, yeah it sucks. Could someone who has been through a divorce with a spouse that was cheating send me a PM? Kansas laws. I need to get the hell out of this situation and could use some advice. Thanks.

rico 07-14-2018 01:39 AM

Holy shit, the timing of this thread is weird for me. I have had a very bumpy, eventful past 6 weeks myself with this. I will respond with my situation when I get home from work. Ultimately, we reconciled and are back together...and closer than ever.

The last 2-3 months have been the worst of my life...hands down.

Is Kansas a fault or no fault state?

baitism 07-14-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13627807)
Holy shit, the timing of this thread is weird for me. I have had a very bumpy, eventful past 6 weeks myself with this. I will respond with my situation when I get home from work. Ultimately, we reconciled and are back together...and closer than ever.

Both, but I don't think infidelity can be used as a reason for fault. And thanks.

KCrockaholic 07-14-2018 02:07 AM

Never marry again dude.

eDave 07-14-2018 02:52 AM

In Kansas I found that a cheating spouse has no bearing on anything, including custody. Nobody cares.

baitism 07-14-2018 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13627814)
Never marry again dude.

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling as well. The only question now is whether I want bust the piece of shit she cheated with, who is also married.

rico 07-14-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13627820)
Yeah, I'm getting that feeling as well. The only question now is whether I want bust the piece of shit she cheated with, who is also married.

Dude... ****ing let his wife know. That ****er disrespected you and could jeopardize your livelihood and emotional well being.. You put him in his place with his life. **** him.

Dallas Chief 07-14-2018 03:49 AM

https://www.survivinginfidelity.com

This is a pretty great resource. Lots of tools to help you personally and a venue where you can anonymously share your story. Others that have been through it have some great advice to pass on. Went through something similar over a year ago and found it all to be quite helpful.

Dallas Chief 07-14-2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13627807)

Sorry you are going through all of that. It’s an emotional hell. Be careful that things aren’t just getting swept under the rug and not being properly dealt with. It’s been noted that it can take anywhere from 2-5 years to fully recover and/or reconcile from marital infidelity. Take care man.

Rasputin 07-14-2018 04:48 AM

Congratulations

Divorce can be a good thing embrace your new life. A new beginning a new hope.

Don't get down on yourself my utmost best advice Go fishing I'm not talking POF real fishing discover yourself.

bevischief 07-14-2018 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13627830)
Congratulations

Divorce can be a good thing embrace your new life. A new beginning a new hope.

Don't get down on yourself my utmost best advice Go fishing I'm not talking POF real fishing discover yourself.

This.

SuperBowl4 07-14-2018 06:21 AM

Marriage for a woman is the happiest day of her life. For a man its divorce.

rico 07-14-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13627850)
Marriage for a woman is the happiest day of her life. For a man its divorce.

Bullshit.

Divorce is ****ing terrible for some men...for me, anyways. The entire process, everything. It sucks.

The affidavits are hurtful to write, hurtful to read.

I guess it just depends on the relationship. I am so happy my wife and I dropped the divorce last week. I felt like I lost my best friend and I was grieving it...like I felt like she died and it was terrible...and every time I saw her briefly to pick up or drop off the kids, it seemed like a ghost of her...we were like a shell of who were in those interactions and it was freaking sad. I’ve shed a lot of tears these past 2 months and I couldn’t be happier that I’m not doin no that anymore.

MTG#10 07-14-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13627820)

If you're lucky she'll do you for revenge.

Infidelity means nothing to a judge, they dont take it into consideration at all. My best advice is to start a journal immediately and log every encounter she has with you and the children if you have any. Sorry this happened to you, it hurts but I promise it gets better.

Monkey God 07-14-2018 06:32 AM

Bottom line...get a good lawyer. Don't try to do it yourself and don't do mediation.