ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns sign Kareem Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321263)

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14101521)
We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

Wasn’t he our scout that covered the SEC region when we drafted Chris Jones?

Dorsey is a really good scout, but I think Veach is too.

Veach is a great scout, and I am a big fan. But he isn't a good GM yet. He gave up a lot of capital for moving up like 8 spots to get speaks, and then he made us look reeruned by saying we'd be open to having hunt back last week. Also got jerked on that peters deal.
And now that he overpaid Watkins, Hill will have just that much more leverage this offseason when his new contract comes. You can tell he is still a scout trying to be a GM and hasn't become a good GM yet.

redfan 02-11-2019 02:02 PM

This is so much ****ing bullshit.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14101532)
No the Chiefs were trying to get the tape to find out for themselves, but the NFL made them back off. Just another example of Goodell making the wrong decision at EVERY turn. Chiefs should have told goodell to suck one and kept trying to get the tape tho

Good point, but this falls on the Chiefs before it falls on Goodell, "if" you are really serious about going to and winning a SB.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101545)
Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

And yes, it really sucks. This is one of those Because Chiefs moments for sure.

Blame the NFL.

At some point this shit is on the player.

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101550)
You're right. The Chiefs colluding to make the Browns successful.

You don't need collusion when your opponent makes stupid moves. Just wait for the dumbassery and capitalize. It's not that difficult.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14101558)
You don't need collusion when your opponent makes stupid moves. Just wait for the dumbassery and capitalize. It's not that difficult.

Yes, absolutely you're right.

suzzer99 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> RB decisions last 11 months:<br><br>- 3/15: Signed Carlos Hyde to a 3-year, $15.25m deal. <br><br>- 4/27: Drafted Nick Chubb in the 2nd round.<br><br>- 6/8: Signed Duke Johnson to a 3-year, $15.6m extension.<br><br>- 10/19: Traded Hyde to JAX for a 5th-round pick.<br><br>- 2/11: Signed Kareem Hunt.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1095048956466335746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

Lots of people are at fault in this deal, the Chiefs didn't do their due diligence and yes Hunt lied to them yet I find it hard to believe even people here wouldn't have handled it that way at that age.

Then the Chiefs handled it in the quickest shifting blame way possible.

srvy 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14101508)
I think if we still had Hunt we probably win the game against the Patriots. His consistency would have really helped get us started in the 1st half.

Hard to say he sure put a clown suit on Bill opening day 2 years ago. I doubt Bill would have been taken by surprise in the championship game.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14101548)
Hard to say it all happened at the exact wrong time with the SJW thing going on. Even the slimeballs in NE wouldn't have stood up against the wrath of pissed off women.

Agree about that, but I still they wouldn't have outright released him. JMO

RunKC 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101537)
If you want to go down that rabbit hole then apparently no GM really deserves any credit.

I'll give them the credit for the guys that were picked on their watch, that's the best way to do it.

You realize in Dorseys time with the Chiefs they drafted 13 pro bowl players? That's pretty insane.

It is. I think it’s just a little weird that most people chalk that up to only John Dorsey.

Andy was the GM in Philly for quite a few years and he drafted damn good offensive players. Andy said Veach found Fletcher Cox and LeSean McCoy. We also know that he was the one who found Patrick Mahomes.

Dorsey and Ballard proved they are excellent scouts with their owns drafts on a different team this season.

I think we did so well drafting mostly bc we had an all star personnel staff. Looking back it’s crazy to think we had all of these guys together in one room.

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101436)
Sucks to lose the talent, but I'm not really sure what all the hubbub is about. He lied to the Chiefs multiple times about an incident and was going to get suspended for it. And he plays the easiest replaced position in the game.

Yes, give up that kind of asset due to a player lying. That's what winning organizations do.

TwistedChief 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

If he lies about it, and if they genuinely can't get their hands on the tape, what recourse do they have?

I'm sure they tried to do some due diligence on it, Hunt wasn't honest, it was he-said-she-said, and they hoped it would be buried going forward.

What do you think the Chiefs realistically could've done at that point?

Sassy Squatch 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

LMAO. He's a RB. For ****s sake, fatass CJ Anderson stepped in for the best RB in football and performed damn near as well. Damien Williams did the same thing here and James Connor did it in Pittsburgh. Like, it sucks that the stupidity of Kareem Hunt cost him his job here but this caterwauling is ridiculous.

KC Hawks 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Yeah, Veach may have "found" Mahomes, but Dorsey was the one who ultimately pulled off the trade and drafted him. Being a good GM means listening to your scouts.