ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone ever hang out at Lake Okoboji? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119801)

Hoover 07-19-2005 01:11 PM

Anyone ever hang out at Lake Okoboji?

Its in Iowa. I'm going to be up there this weekend. Any cool bars or stuff to do?

go bo 07-19-2005 01:41 PM

oh, shit...

i thought maybe you couldn't spell lake okeechobee...

never mind...

ptlyon 07-19-2005 01:42 PM

The Ritz is a pretty happening place I hear.

Goapics1 07-19-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
oh, shit...

i thought maybe you couldn't spell lake okeechobee...

never mind...

I thought it was Obe Wan Kenobee. Hell, I do not know if that is spelled right. Where's gochiefs?

htismaqe 07-19-2005 01:55 PM

There's some good places to party up there. I don't remember any of the names. I have 2 customers in Spirit Lake.

Iowanian 07-19-2005 02:07 PM

I've been up there a couple of times...the inlaws always spend the next week up near Arnold's park.

I've been on my pretty good behavior when I've been, so haven't done much of the bar scene...Been to a couple, but couldn't even tell you the names.

Hoover 07-19-2005 02:10 PM

I've been up there but its been a while. Its me a 2 buddies looking to drink it up.

ROYC75 07-19-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
There's some good places to party up there. I don't remember any of the names. I have 2 customers in Spirit Lake.

Are they wearing cement shoes ?
:hmmm:

j/k ........... ROFL

htismaqe 07-19-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
Are they wearing cement shoes ?
:hmmm:

j/k ........... ROFL

"Day Job" customers. ROFL

ZepSinger 07-19-2005 02:30 PM

There was a club next to the lake called the Roof Garden some years ago(I played there once)... no idea if it's still in business.

At Arnold's Park, try 'The Bug House'. Freaky.

Z

ptlyon 07-19-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
"Day Job" customers. ROFL

I'm glad that didn't say "somethingelse Job" customers.

Bowser 07-19-2005 04:07 PM

Hoover, you will lose all respect from me if you don't go to Boji Nites (the best Okoboji has to offer :D )and the Regal Beagle............. ;)

Funny true story. A couple of years ago we were up there over the fourth, and we checked out this dive called The Garage. They had a sign out front saying they were selling nickle pitchers. We go in, and me and my sister in law pay the guy a buck for the pitcher, and he starts counting out change for us!! We had to explain to him that it was OK for him to keep the .95 for himself. He smiled real big and thanked us over and over.

Of course, I'm sure those kegs were probablly a year or more older, but we still got effed up that night. Fun times!

If you like golf, the Brooks is a really nice 27 hole course, and they have all you can golf after 4:30 for $25.

Hoover 07-19-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Hoover, you will lose all respect from me if you don't go to Boji Nites (the best Okoboji has to offer :D )and the Regal Beagle............. ;)

Funny true story. A couple of years ago we were up there over the fourth, and we checked out this dive called The Garage. They had a sign out front saying they were selling nickle pitchers. We go in, and me and my sister in law pay the guy a buck for the pitcher, and he starts counting out change for us!! We had to explain to him that it was OK for him to keep the .95 for himself. He smiled real big and thanked us over and over.

Of course, I'm sure those kegs were probablly a year or more older, but we still got effed up that night. Fun times!

If you like golf, the Brooks is a really nice 27 hole course, and they have all you can golf after 4:30 for $25.

Sweet, we are staying right on the that Course, Sweet! But I think my friends just want to drink

Anyong Bluth 07-19-2005 04:58 PM

We've got a place up there, its a beautiful lake. Any of the bars around Arnold's park area - where east and west are split by the bridge get pretty packed are are a blast.

I heard playboy a few years ago named it best place to get laid on the 4th.

Makes the ozarks look like the extended suckpump that it is!

WebGem 07-19-2005 05:22 PM

One of my friends got fired for going there for the 4th.