ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The 10pm thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268744)

Sorter 01-23-2013 08:27 PM

Bummer man. :(

Direckshun 01-23-2013 08:28 PM

I hate that I'm chewed up about it.

I think it's for a few reasons. It was so absolutely striking. It's talons were real and in tact. It's feathers were plush and beautifully colored, as drab as they were. It's beak and it's huge, stern eyes when it was healthy enough to look around... just broke my heart. This is something with the fury and strength inside of it to legitimately terrorize me if it were just the two of us in an open field. But it was so weak, so destroyed, it laid motionless on my own driveway and didn't so much as twitch when I laid it in a field and walked away. If that bird had any ounce of strength left, it would have fought me.

Maybe this isn't such a small deal, in some ways. It was a wild beast, laying helpless before me. I know people that hike the wilderness diligently who don't run across situations like that. And it was so, so beautiful.

I imagine it building a nest. I imagine it swooping in and striking. I imagine it eating very naturally and healthy. I imagine it fighting off other males for territory. I imagine it sitting on a lightpost and surveying this neighborhood as if it were its unperturbed habitat, which of course it is very perturbed. I imagine it becoming the master predator that it is.

**** death, man.

Sorter 01-23-2013 08:30 PM

All birds of prey are pretty cool animals.

Golden Eagles are scary as shit though. If one eagle can carry off a goat, then 2 can carry off you. LMAO

Direckshun 01-23-2013 08:34 PM

It was "just" a red-tailed hawk. Still a miracle of nature and all that, but pretty common where I live -- I always see them swooping over the bypass.

Going to feel a little differently next time I see one drifting along in the air, though.

KurtCobain 01-23-2013 08:37 PM

I love hawks.

Direckshun 01-23-2013 08:42 PM

Yeah. Me too.

Now.

KurtCobain 01-23-2013 08:43 PM

you never know what you had till its gone

lewdog 01-23-2013 10:16 PM

I ****ed up a Golden Eagle going 70 mph on a twisty two lane highway. His ****ing Talons scratched the hood of my car and his head hit off the window but thankfully didn't crack it. Found it in the field when I pulled over. Thing was dead as shit. Beautiful bird, just amazing.

Sorter 01-23-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9346208)
I ****ed up a Golden Eagle going 70 mph on a twisty two lane highway. His ****ing Talons scratched the hood of my car and his head hit off the window but thankfully didn't crack it. Found it in the field when I pulled over. Thing was dead as shit. Beautiful bird, just amazing.

They get ****ing huge.

lewdog 01-23-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9346214)
They get ****ing huge.

They can although there are more than one subspecies and sizes definitely vary among those. They aren't all massive like the videos you usually see of them.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 02:04 PM

So I take the little guy to Taco Bell and there's a pretty good looking girl about my age working there...

Girl : hi there what's your name?
kurt : Kurt Joseph Thomas.. I like your eyes
Girl : Aaaw, aren't you just a little cutie?
Kurt : hehe Not as cute as you!

Bam! Free taco bell and a phone number. It never fails.

crazycoffey 01-26-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9350731)
So I take the little guy to Taco Bell and there's a pretty good looking girl about my age working there...

Girl : hi there what's your name?
kurt : Kurt Joseph Thomas.. I like your eyes
Girl : Aaaw, aren't you just a little cutie?
Kurt : hehe Not as cute as you!

Bam! Free taco bell and a phone number. It never fails.

wait, so you're really joey?

SPchief 01-26-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9352002)

:spock:

Where's Hootie?

crazycoffey 01-26-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9352016)
:spock:

Where's Hootie?

he's in jail over some parking ticket....

KurtCobain 01-26-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9352002)

No, I just stole his kid to pick up chicks.