ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Simply Red 04-01-2012 09:52 PM

What is 'in moderation?', I mean, how do you two define that? I'd be interested in knowing.... Does this mean 3 cookies a week, 4 sodas and a piece of birthday cake? Or does this mean simply sugaring your coffee, daily and that's all?

Buck 04-01-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8510470)
I lost 75 lbs without jogging a block, lifting a weight or anything else, sitting in front of a computer monitor, studying and going to classes. Just, every time I'd get hungry I'd get some more ice water to fill my belly.

Weirdly, though, once I got to 195, I can't lose anything more, despite a prolonged sinus/viral thing where I consumed little more than water for weeks on end. Seriously I'd eat 10-12 peanut butter pretzels, or a couple sausage links, ambitious days I'd have a single meal of spaghetti and meatballs. And I'd dip to MAYBE 193.

You lowered your BMR. Your body got used to surviving off of so few calories that your metabolism slowed.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510467)
Implying only fat people have heart attacks. If that wasn't what you meant, learn to write better.

I did not imply that at all.

Hammock Parties 04-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510471)
Start logging your food and send it to me after a week.

I'm betting it's sugar. My extremely high BP has lowered into the normal range since I cut sugar. Coincidence?

GoChiefs II: The Buckening

lewdog 04-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510471)
Start logging your food and send it to me after a week.

I'm betting it's sugar. My extremely high BP has lowered into the normal range since I cut sugar. Coincidence?

I have a bachelor's in health and human performance, I am a certified personal trainer and I competed in Olympic lifting and still workout hard. I know the research. I tried everything as well with diet modification and nothing worked. I do feel better when I am low carbing it though. Some of us are just screwed!

Brock 04-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8510460)
Skinny people who have heart attacks largely have them based on genetic factors.

Do you think so, doctor?

Hammock Parties 04-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510489)
Do you think so, doctor?

The biggest factor for heart disease is family history.

WhiteWhale 04-01-2012 09:54 PM

Oh good god.

Moderation people! Moderation.

Stop chowing it like it's a ****ing food group and it's not a problem.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8510483)
GoChiefs II: The Buckening

Yep. A lot of people seem to get mad over our diets. And when we try to help them with theirs they get even more mad.

I always here this term "moderation" too. Sounds like a cop-out to me.

Also R8ers lost a bunch of weight and got healthy doing the same thing.

Maybe they don't want to accept facts from people they just don't like....or a Chargers fan.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8510488)
I have a bachelor's in health and human performance, I am a certified personal trainer and I competed in Olympic lifting and still workout hard. I know the research. I tried everything as well with diet modification and nothing worked. I do feel better when I am low carbing it though. Some of us are just screwed!

Good. I am glad you are informed. Have you ever done straight keto for like a month and then checked your BP?

WhiteWhale 04-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8510493)
The biggest factor for heart disease is family history.

This is what my father's cardiologist said.

While explaining to him why his heart was in perfect condition even though he's 60 and has smoked 2 packs a day for 45 years.

Lumpy 04-01-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8510397)

LMAO

Cool! :thumb:

/grabs a s'mores candy

Thig Lyfe 04-01-2012 09:57 PM

So is it bad to eat an entire party size bag of Reese's Pieces every day?

Brock 04-01-2012 09:57 PM

"Hey guys, I sat around on my fat ass shoving twinkies into my hole as fast as I could. Then I stopped doing that and started exercising and I lost a bunch of weight. I think it's because I cut off the sugar!!!"

:rolleyes:

lcarus 04-01-2012 09:58 PM

Sugar isn't killing people. People are killing themselves by eating too much of it and sitting on the god damn couch all day.