ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Smashburger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243925)

Simply Red 07-11-2011 05:01 PM

Thanks a lot - I got so hungry up in here - I ordered a veggie-lo mein add beef. Extra soy sauce.

Simply Red 07-11-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7742413)
Yeah, the only complaint I have about the place is their thin fries, I'm not a big fan of those. It's nothing major though. :D

They're not terrible - I use their honey mustard for dipping the fries in, i know it's childish, but it's soooo good.

Stewie 07-11-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7742410)
It's worth it, man. It doesn't matter what you get there, it will be expertly prepared and it will be high quality ingredients. It's probably my favorite chain.

EDIT: I'm talking about J. Alexander's, not the Smashburger (which doesn't really compare), I just realized you were probably talking about the latter, lol.

I looked at the J. Alexander website. That's far from a quick lunch/burger place. I'm sure they do a good burger, but there are many restaurants like that who do a great burger in that category.

Pants 07-11-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7742431)
I looked at the J. Alexander website. That's far from a quick lunch/burger place. I'm sure they do a good burger, but there are many restaurants like that who do a great burger in that category.

I was just talking about a good burger. I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants like it, I just don't know of many around here. :)

Rain Man 07-11-2011 05:15 PM

I had my first Smashburger burger the other day. The burger was pretty darn good but pretty darn expensive. The service was horrific. After staring at the bag containing my burger under the heat lamp while the two counter girls were respectively having their own snacks and talking to their boyfriend, I finally asked them if they'd mind me going back there to pick it up. They'd forgotten that I existed even though I was six feet from them waiting.

Baby Lee 07-11-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7562967)
Bottomless fries represents the high point of western civilization. I simply can't imagine going up from there.

Two words, campfire sauce.

Or a slightly more verbose improvement, have 1/2 of your party get a side salad substitute, and the other 1/2 stay with the fries, still bottomless, but now you have salad too.

Bewbies 07-11-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7742345)
You need to try Yeah Burger still - in 'The Highlands'

I've been wanting to try that and Googie Burger...

Bewbies 07-11-2011 05:30 PM

If Smashburger is the best your area offers I feel bad for you. It's good, not great. I can think of 5 burger joints within 5 miles of my house that are way better....I was hoping for better.

BigMeatballDave 07-11-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7742482)
If Smashburger is the best your area offers I feel bad for you. It's good, not great. I can think of 5 burger joints within 5 miles of my house that are way better....I was hoping for better.

Location has something to do with it as well. I've been to 3 different Five Guys and the one I went to in Akron is better than the 2 I've been to in SW Ohio.

I've only been to one Smashburger. It was very good quality.

MoreLemonPledge 07-11-2011 05:46 PM

http://img.listal.com/image/262985/6...rger-cover.jpg

Simply Red 07-11-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7742431)

It's still a good spot man, it's a half a notch below Houstons, Houstons standards can't be denied. I drop about thirty five (@Houstons) going solo, but love it everytime. :)

Simply Red 07-11-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 7742521)

:clap:

Simply Red 07-11-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7742491)
Location has something to do with it as well. I've been to 3 different Five Guys and the one I went to in Akron is better than the 2 I've been to in SW Ohio.

I've only been to one Smashburger. It was very good quality.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! Yep, regardless of restaurant.

RustShack 07-11-2011 08:52 PM

I ate there last week and I loved it. I haven't been disappointed either time I ate there. The only thing I don't like is the price. I've been hearing a lot of great things about that Five Guys place or whatever here lately.. wish there was one in Waterloo.

Simply Red 07-11-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7742795)
I ate there last week and I loved it. I haven't been disappointed either time I ate there. The only thing I don't like is the price. I've been hearing a lot of great things about that Five Guys place or whatever here lately.. wish there was one in Waterloo.

It's good, Atlanta has tons of five-guys, i've hit it probably eight times or so, total. Never any issues. But it ain't no Houstons.