ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Meltdown Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Fred Warner gets paid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339137)

Superturtle 07-21-2021 12:06 PM

Fred Warner gets paid
 
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fred Warner&#39;s five-year, $95M extension makes him for now the highest paid ILB in NFL history (surpassing Bobby Wagner at $18M/year).<br><br>He&#39;s never missed a game, played 95% of the team&#39;s snaps, excels in pass coverage and quarterbacks their defense.<br><br>An elite player in his prime.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1417888193870016513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sofa King 07-21-2021 12:07 PM

Good for him. Good money.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-21-2021 12:09 PM

Does he play for the Chiefs ?

Pitt Gorilla 07-21-2021 12:11 PM

Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.

Deberg_1990 07-21-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15749382)
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.

No one picked around Speaks became a star. And now we have one of the best picks from that draft in Orlando Brown.

Hoover 07-21-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15749382)
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.

That draft did suck. Got to admit he's improved greatly.

I'm sure it had something to do with it being his first year, and frankly who knew what direction we were going on defense.

staylor26 07-21-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15749382)
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.

The you haven’t paid much attention to that draft class.

It was ****ing awful.

mkp785 07-21-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15749418)
The you havenít paid much attention to that draft class.

It was ****ing awful.

LMAOLMAO

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.

Cave Johnson 07-21-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkp785 (Post 15749572)
LMAOLMAO

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.

Thatís not a very deep list of talentÖ.

Rain Man 07-21-2021 02:15 PM

That's a lot of money for a guy with only one career reception from Patrick Mahomes.

RunKC 07-21-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15749407)
That draft did suck. Got to admit he's improved greatly.

I'm sure it had something to do with it being his first year, and frankly who knew what direction we were going on defense.

No it didnít.

Jessie Bates
Donte Jackson
Fred Warner
Dallas Goedert
Anthony Miller
Christian Kirk
DJ Chark

There were some very good and decent role players there. Veach just whiffed badly. Everyone does that.

RunKC 07-21-2021 02:34 PM

Even 2013 was shitty at the top but it had a lot of talented players available.

Travis Frederick
Travis Kelce
LeVeon Bell
Darius Slay
Brandon Williams
Larry Warford
Tyrann Matheiu
Keenan Allen
Jamie Collins
Terron Aemstead
Kawann Short
Zach Ertz
DeAndre Hopkins
David Bahktiari

Shit we’ve got like 4 guys from that class right now who are all starting or possibly starting LMAO

mkp785 07-21-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15749596)
Thatís not a very deep list of talentÖ.

:eek:

Like every dude I named has made an all pro team.....? Nelson is widely considered the best player at his position and Minkah isn't far behind in his position. Lamar has won a MVP and Saquon (when healthy) is considered at worst the 2nd best back in the league......

If you wanna say it's top heavy that's fine, but that's not what staylor said. He said the draft class sucked.

ThyKingdomCome15 07-21-2021 03:02 PM

I would have kept Buckner for that and a few million more. With that said the Niners have shelled out a ton of money to two players this offseason. They're an interesting team to watch and definately a dark horse in that conference after missing the Playoffs last year. I do think they've been mismanaged a bit.

Pablo 07-21-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15749678)
I would have kept Buckner for that and a few million more. With that said the Niners have shelled out a ton of money to two players this offseason. They're an interesting team to watch and definately a dark horse in that conference after missing the Playoffs last year. I do think they've been mismanaged a bit.

I'm excited to watch Kaep 2.0 flame out for them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.