ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith's Garbage MNF Showing Proves Chiefs Were Right to Get Rid of Him (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318129)

ThaVirus 10-11-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13808018)
I watched that game rooting for Smith. He let me down once again

Same. I'll root for the guy as long as he's not playing the Chiefs.

It's hilarious given his draft position, but he's almost got this underdog air to him.. and I like rooting for the underdog.

Easy 6 10-11-2018 06:54 PM

Lets not go here again

Some of us recognized old traits in Smith last week, and it recalled bad memories... no hate here, still wish him the best

Yes we're glad to move on with Money, but going back to this tired old saw is pointless... the new look KC Chiefs only look forward

HemiEd 10-11-2018 06:55 PM

I commented in the gambling thread after betting on Alex that I tuned in just in time to see his two consecutive drives for field goals to start the game.

I ****ing loved it, so appropriate.

Titty Meat 10-11-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13808038)
His performance has really amplified how much Reid did to elevate him (and has likely done with Mahomes as well). He truly is a QB's best friend.

OTW once said that Reid being great at coaching up QBs was a myth.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13808086)
Lets not go here again

<iframe width="640" height="364" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tm-xiztBsFA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pablo 10-11-2018 06:59 PM

Bigger sack of runny dog shit: Alice or Eli?

Deberg_1990 10-11-2018 07:01 PM

Redskins defeat the Chiefs in Super Bowl

Because Chiefs.....

tk13 10-11-2018 07:09 PM

The funny part is people are so obsessed with going deep. Arm strength is important for being able to throw the ball into tight windows. This whole idea that the ability to throw deep is the most important thing is such a myth. Alex Smith had as many passes completed beyond 30 yards last year as Tom Brady has in the last 3 years combined. Peyton Manning's arm was shot his final year when he won a Super Bowl. Ain't nobody taking Alex Smith over either of them. But it's all you read about in these articles, on Twitter, fan boards, etc. You need to be able to threaten vertically but it doesn't equate to championships... Alex Smith was great last year at actually completing passes deep and it didn't mean squat.

The difference is in that 11-20 yard pass range. Brady, Matt Ryan, Mahomes, etc... kill it in that range. Alex Smith doesn't. But I guess it depends on what you classify as a deep pass.

Hammock Parties 10-11-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13808122)
The funny part is people are so obsessed with going deep. Arm strength is important for being able to throw the ball into tight windows. This whole idea that the ability to throw deep is the most important thing is such a myth.

Deep passing played a huge part in winning the Super Bowl.

The threat of the deep pass opens up everything else.

It's not the only thing but it is a big thing.

-King- 10-11-2018 07:14 PM

No shit? Breaking news here
Posted via Mobile Device

TwistedChief 10-11-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13808105)
Redskins defeat the Chiefs in Super Bowl

Because Chiefs.....

I love this. ROFL

Pants 10-11-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13808122)
The funny part is people are so obsessed with going deep. Arm strength is important for being able to throw the ball into tight windows. This whole idea that the ability to throw deep is the most important thing is such a myth. Alex Smith had as many passes completed beyond 30 yards last year as Tom Brady has in the last 3 years combined. Peyton Manning's arm was shot his final year when he won a Super Bowl. Ain't nobody taking Alex Smith over either of them. But it's all you read about in these articles, on Twitter, fan boards, etc. You need to be able to threaten vertically but it doesn't equate to championships... Alex Smith was great last year at actually completing passes deep and it didn't mean squat.

The difference is in that 11-20 yard pass range. Brady, Matt Ryan, Mahomes, etc... kill it in that range. Alex Smith doesn't. But I guess it depends on what you classify as a deep pass.

Obviously it's just my stupid opinion, but I never felt like Alex's arm was his limiting factor. It's average. It's not horrible.

Alex's biggest issue is not being able to deal with pressure, both real and imagined. It stops him from making his progressions and oftentimes leads to "safe" drive-killing decisions.

He also doesn't have that "IDGAF, I have to win no matter what" attitude that every elite quarterback has.

Mahomes, on the other hand, seems to have it all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-11-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13808018)
I watched that game rooting for Smith. He let me down once again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13808021)
Me too broski!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13808081)
Same. I'll root for the guy as long as he's not playing the Chiefs.

It's hilarious given his draft position, but he's almost got this underdog air to him.. and I like rooting for the underdog.

And now I will vomit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13808039)
ROFL

Credit to Redskins fans for not buying into the Baby Lee-ish bullshit that Alex Smith is a “winner”, highlighted by the fact the Redskins’ stadium was half empty for their season opener earlier this season.

They know Alex Smith=No Hope.

Sanity, sweet sanity. ^^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13808086)
Lets not go here again

No, let's GO here again. Soooooo ****ing sick of hearing that "Alex is just one guy/ it's a team effort"-bullshit for far too ****ing long. No, he wasn't Cassel but he might as well have been for the HUGE and GAPING vagina-hole in talent he created for this team, losing many an important game that could have easily been won by a FIRST YEAR ****ING STARTER.

Just...**** that guy and his dipshit fan club too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13808126)
No shit? Breaking news here
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL: See above.

Ming the Merciless 10-11-2018 08:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dsceq8G1JoU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flying High D 10-11-2018 08:57 PM

I like AlEx a lot better as a Skin than as a Chief.