ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop First look at Will Smith as Genie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319685)

ThaVirus 02-16-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14110137)
He was damn good those movies sand after earth never seen jt. I can literally look at any actor and be like he's playing himself if I tried hard enough lol.

After Earth was a shit movie. Don't watch it. Will was clearly trying to feature his douchey son and didn't give a shit whether the product was worthwhile or not. The small role he played in the film was very different from typical summer blockbuster Will Smith, though, which is why I mentioned it.

I think you're right, which is why I laugh anytime someone says that about Smith. How many times has Denzel played Denzel as some form of cop/detective? Tom Hanks isn't a true thespian. Brad Pitt? Get the **** outta here.

1claire 02-17-2019 06:11 PM

I really hope that it will be worth it to watch, I am not that impressed with the live action movie of Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. I have also heard that Disney is creating a live action of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

CoMoChief 02-17-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1claire (Post 14111646)
I really hope that it will be worth it to watch, I am not that impressed with the live action movie of Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. I have also heard that Disney is creating a live action of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Didn't know they made a Cinderlla one. Doubt I'd watch that anyway.

Can't wait for the Lion King though. I'll probably see that in theatres.

The way kids are now w/ Frozen, I was like that w/ Lion King and Aladdin when I was a kid.

It's too bad it's a children's movie...I want to see some real gory NatGeo level lion fights. Or Mufasa ripping legs off of a hyena. Crunch crunch crunch....

Sure-Oz 03-12-2019 07:45 AM

New trailer.

https://youtu.be/foyufD52aog

DaFace 03-12-2019 09:59 AM

OK, glad to know that he won't be blue the whole time. That looks much less cringeworthy.

Sure-Oz 03-12-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14149193)
OK, glad to know that he won't be blue the whole time. That looks much less cringeworthy.

I agree...some people seem mad about that though

ThaVirus 03-12-2019 10:38 AM

Looks like a lot of fun. I’m in.

Fish 03-12-2019 01:42 PM

Trailer looks much better. Will Smith's singing sounds a little questionable though...

ThaVirus 03-12-2019 01:49 PM

First look at Will Smith as Genie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14149883)
Trailer looks much better. Will Smith's singing sounds a little questionable though...

Honestly, I thought The Rock’s singing was the worst part of Moana but people ate it up so I’ll give this a chance..

If anything, I’d say Jafar appears to be the weakest aspect of the movie. This dude doesn’t look nearly skeevy enough.

mr. tegu 03-12-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14149907)
Honestly, I thought The Rock’s singing was the worst part of Moana but people ate it up so I’ll give this a chance..

If anything, I’d say Jafar appears to be the weakest aspect of the movie. This dude doesn’t look nearly skeevy enough.

I feel the same way about Jafar. His voice especially throws me off. It needs to be more raspy, deep, and sinister.

Fish 03-12-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14149907)

Rock singing was beyond cringey.

But yeah, Jafar doesn't have that narrow face evil smirk look like he does in the original. When they showed him giving the proposition to go into the cave in the trailer, I initially didn't know who it was.

CoMoChief 03-12-2019 09:04 PM

Great...IMDB says Steve the Pirate is doing Iago's voice-over.

Wtf didn't they have Gilbert Gottfried do it? Dumb.

DJ's left nut 03-12-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14148824)

And there is STILL no reason for this movie to exist...

DaFace 03-12-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14151955)
Great...IMDB says Steve the Pirate is doing Iago's voice-over.

Wtf didn't they have Gilbert Gottfried do it? Dumb.

It doesn't need to be exactly the same. And Alan Tudyk is one of the best voiceover actors in the game today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YrI_mmhh5D8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaFace 03-12-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14151997)
And there is STILL no reason for this movie to exist...

Meh, it looks fun. I'll go see it most likely. My wife loved the original.