ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TY LAW RELEASED!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110806)

KCJake 02-25-2005 02:58 PM

TY LAW RELEASED!!!!

GO GET HIM CARL!

Calcountry 02-25-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake
GO GET HIM CARL!

Does Ty want to come here?

DenverChief 02-25-2005 03:01 PM

Patriots | Law Released - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:59:58 -0800

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have released CB Ty Law.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

:)

Ghostof 02-25-2005 03:02 PM

Its too late, theres already talks of Ty going to the 49ers or the Raiders.

Both are giving up major picks for him too.

ROYC75 02-25-2005 03:03 PM

Did you confirm this on the Star BB ?

DenverChief 02-25-2005 03:04 PM

Chiefs | Cornerback a Top Offseason Priority - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:31:15 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have deemed cornerback as one of their most pressing needs this offseason. The Chiefs are virtually certain to sign a free agent corner and could invest an early selection on the position in April's draft.

:banghead:

beer bacon 02-25-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostof
Its too late, theres already talks of Ty going to the 49ers or the Raiders.

Both are giving up major picks for him too.

If he is getting released, this makes no sense. There would be no need for giving picks for him. Either way I don't see how the Raiders could afford him.

Kris Kringle 02-25-2005 03:07 PM

I'd love to have Law in KC, but I won't shed a tear if Carl doesn't sign him. I really think he'll be too expensive. I'd like to see us get Smoot or any one of a few other free agent CBs. I'd rather have two mid grade CB's than one top flight CB. Wouldn't you?

The Bad Guy 02-25-2005 03:08 PM

There is no way in hell that Ty Law is going to either the 49ers or Raiders. Oakland can't afford him and the 49ers said they aren't adding any major FAs this year.

beer bacon 02-25-2005 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Kringle
I'd love to have Law in KC, but I won't shed a tear if Carl doesn't sign him. I really think he'll be too expensive. I'd like to see us get Smoot or any one of a few other free agent CBs. I'd rather have two mid grade CB's than one top flight CB. Wouldn't you?

If we some how managed two of these four, Rolle, Lucas, Smoot, and Baxter, I would be ecstatic.

Mr. Laz 02-25-2005 03:10 PM

no draft picks in trade ... check

properly structure contract ........... ???

go get him!! :thumb:

he would be a great short term solution ... brings attitude,experience and an on-field coach.

but only if we can get him with a favorably structure contract.

tyton75 02-25-2005 03:10 PM

I'm afraid of picking him up.. simply becasue the dude can't even WALK yet.. how do they know he will recover after all that.. he won't have time to get in condition.. so he'll have to build up his conditioning during the season.. I don't like us spending money on that type of guy when this is our make or break year

tk13 02-25-2005 03:13 PM

I'm all for it, my only worry is we're only going to have 4.5 mil in cap space and Law is going to want to take up most of it and that'd be our only upgrade... it'd be great but we need more than that.

chief4life 02-25-2005 03:13 PM

Ok where did you hear he was released because I cant find anything on it?

The Bad Guy 02-25-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarASS
no draft picks in trade ... check

properly structure contract ........... ???

go get him!! :thumb:

he would be a great short term solution ... brings attitude,experience and an on-field coach.

but only if we can get him with a favorably structure contract.

Does the structure even matter anymore? The team is looking at tons of veterans who are going to likely leave after this year - Roaf, Shields, Green, Holmes - and I'm just sick of rebuilding with nothing to show for it except a 2nd round playoff loss.

Ty Law makes our defense instantly 5 times better. I don't care what it takes to sign him, but they have to get someone of his caliber on this defense.