ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert/Joeckel perspective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272267)

RunKC 04-20-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9607895)
A top 10 QB in today's league is worth more than the best pass-rusher or the best tackle of all time. It's a fact.

Too bad there is not top 10 QB in this draft.

penbrook 04-20-2013 05:07 PM

Per PFCentral

@autodrummer3 *Chiefs adamant on second round pick. Big issue is getting Albert to agree to a long term deal with MIA. Negotiations ongoing

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-20-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9608071)
Per PFCentral

@autodrummer3 *Chiefs adamant on second round pick. Big issue is getting Albert to agree to a long term deal with MIA. Negotiations ongoing

The deal is not done.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 04-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9607947)
Congratulations to us Chief's fans! Our first number 1 pick ever, and we decide to buck the trend by most teams except 2 since at least the 1950's by drafting an OT at #1 overall. (Only others being Orlando Pace & Jake Long)

New era Chiefs = trailblazers because I can't think of any other time a team moved a more than serviceable player at a position virtually never worth the #1 just so they can draft their replacement and feel that 2nd round pick justifies that course of strategy!

While I would agree with you, sadly, it's not like the alternatives are much better. The only alternative is Geno Smith and much as he'd be my top guy, I also can't get over the idea that the Chiefs were "desperate" to unload 1.1. If Geno is as good as we think he is, it shouldn't be hard at all to trade out of that pick especially if there's threat of Jacksonville taking him.

RealSNR 04-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9608069)
Too bad there is not top 10 QB in this draft.

To quote my friend Dane McCloud, "You're projecting."

You don't know that.

Cannibal 04-20-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9608095)
While I would agree with you, sadly, it's not like the alternatives are much better. The only alternative is Geno Smith and much as he'd be my top guy, I also can't get over the idea that the Chiefs were "desperate" to unload 1.1. If Geno is as good as we think he is, it shouldn't be hard at all to trade out of that pick especially if there's threat of Jacksonville taking him.

Good point.

Mav 04-21-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9606000)
if you have no thoughts of your own and simply agree with what the chiefs do, that isn't a thought process.

thats a puppet with a hand jammed up your ass moving your lips

I have my own opinions. About things that MATTER to me. What the chiefs do with 1.1, matters none at all to me. So **** you, and your half assed attempt to insult me on a message board. You are an idiot who has a half assed argument against Alex Smith because you dont like the guy, not that your dislike, or hate as you called it has any merit at all to why andy reid wants him, or to what he brings to the football team. So **** your face. Get off my nuts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9606012)
I love this argument.

"Alex is better than anything the Chiefs have and have had since..."

Big ****ing deal!

Alex Smith is going to lead this team to a mediocre .500 season. That means jack ****ing shit. He's 29 and injury prone. He's not anywhere near the top of the QBs in the league so he's not going to be bringing any silverware to KC.

He's useless to this team now. He's useless to this teams future. He's been useless since 2005.

Yeah, because .500 is a hell of a lot worse, THAN 2-14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9606016)
I wouldve seriously rather gone with matt flynn and kept 2.A

but i admit i hate Alex Smith, and am biased

This is why i could never respect you Chess dick.....You cant sit here and have a closed minded view on things and dare to have the audacity to try to call ME out on my lack of having a view. I had a view, I believe Alex Smith is exactly what the Chiefs need THIS year, until they can get a young qb to groom. Too bad for the chiefs, there isnt a qb at 1.1 that is worthy of drafting no matter how much the idiots on this board want geno smith to be that guy. Im sorry that some of you stupid idiots cant understand the logic of trading Albert, and taking Joeckell. Im sorry that the simple financial and logical thinking behind it is above some idiots. I get it, its easy for me to get it, I can sit as an outsider with very little emotional attachment to the chiefs, while i do like alex smith that attachment has waned since the trade was made official, and while i hope he does well, i dont really care about him much anymore at all.

But, hey Pawnmower, and HemiEd, you two deserve each other. Perhaps you two could meet for a couple cosmopolitians and compare the tiny sizes of your peckers, cause clearly, you two are compensating for something.

heres to you.....

Mav 04-21-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9607895)
A top 10 QB in today's league is worth more than the best pass-rusher or the best tackle of all time. It's a fact.

Not true at all. Two of the top 5 defenses met in the super bowl last year. None of the top 5 qbs, nor the top 5 offenses met in the super bowl.

Facts over fiction......