ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

RealSNR 02-27-2013 01:11 PM

Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid

*raises hand*

**** any and everybody who has ever asked me, "Where's your NFL team, bro?" when I gave a passionate football opinion.

I may not have years of NFL experience or know the first thing about coaching. I may not know jack shit about filling out a roster with quality talent.

But I DO know what a failure of an NFL team looks like. And with this trade, Dorsey and Reid have just presented to me a failure of an NFL team.

And had I been GM, the Chiefs would still have their INCREDIBLY valuable 2nd round pick. They would have all their 2014 draft picks. And they wouldn't be forced to let Albert go and draft Joeckel all in the name of "draft value."

Geno Smith or Matt Barkley may bust out of the NFL. But I'll be damned if I'm going to watch this team build around retread game managing shitasses, and then pat them on the back for doing their best. They're not doing their best. They're not willing to risk their careers on doing things the right way. They're scared pussies who want job security. 7-9 gets you job security, so that's why we're shooting for 7-9.

I'm going to go impregnate my wife right now. I'll bet you by the time my son or daughter is old enough to vote this ****ing trainwreck of a team STILL won't have their shit together.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2013 01:12 PM

First.

hometeam 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

In general the collective wisdom of CP is smart enough not to **** it up this bad.

I could do better than Pioli. And so far, I can do better than Reid/Dorsey

kysirsoze 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/meep/src/134130458049.gif

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

I will think so unless Alex Smith suddenly doubles (or even 1.5x) his YPG and comes to KC and leads this team to glory

kcpasco 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

I know I'm smart enough to know Alex Smith is a flaming pile of fail.

Red Dawg 02-27-2013 01:15 PM

Did we lose our second rounder or swap?

kysirsoze 02-27-2013 01:15 PM

Oh, and...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly0v3rQH481qej7pq.gif

noa 02-27-2013 01:16 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...fhi2o1_400.gif

hometeam 02-27-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9445795)
Did we lose our second rounder or swap?

2nd this year and 3rd next year with qualifiers to make it a 2nd next year. No swap. AFAIK.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 01:17 PM

WHY DOES IT MATTER IF IT WAS A SWAP?

Our 2nd round pick is 2 picks from being a FIRST.

Their 2nd round pick is 2 picks from being a THIRD.

mr. tegu 02-27-2013 01:18 PM

Today is a sad day for sure. I have one foot over the ledge. The only thing holding me back is the ever so slight, and I mean faintest of possibilities, that they still take a QB with the first pick. That is my last hope for a productive offseason and until then I will stay with one foot on the ledge although fully expecting to have to make the leap.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 01:18 PM

In.

Smarter than Fat Walrus.

Fritz88 02-27-2013 01:21 PM

A ****ing second round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother **** both of your coach and GM.

loochy 02-27-2013 01:22 PM

http://www.buncombe.k12.nc.us/cms/li...nds_raised.jpg

Shox 02-27-2013 01:32 PM

The 49ers have to have some serious dirt on the Hunt Family......

Bono, Montana, Grbac, now Smith.

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2013 01:32 PM

You guys are high.

KC native 02-27-2013 01:34 PM

*raises hand and furiously shakes it*

I am.

*stops shaking hand and flips the bird at anything Chiefs related*

Molitoth 02-27-2013 01:34 PM

I've watched and studied this franchise for 20 years.
Andy Reid and John Dorsey have been here for 2 months.

They don't have shit on me, or the collective Chiefsplanet.

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 01:38 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...hybuo1_250.gif

Fish 02-27-2013 01:40 PM

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7092/rn64photo1.jpg

FYI... the monkey is also mentally reeruned...

Whosurdaddy 02-27-2013 01:48 PM

You guys are all ****ing reeruns. I can't fully tell if this entire circle jerk has gone meta or not. There is a lot of selective memory going on right now. You all loved the Pioli pick at first. I hate the trade value, but none of the QBs this year lit my undies on fire. Being a chiefs fan has a lot more to do with having the first pick the year after RGIII and Luck, and not about trading for Alex Smith.

Bitches running wild in here.

crossbow 02-27-2013 01:53 PM

Never in my entire life have I seen anything like this on a pro level. Sure you see women that always end up dating wife beaters. You see stuff like that out of people but not companies that continue to do the same stupid shit over a 30 year span and expect different results each time. This team is a joke and I am not going to defend it again. Burn a valuable pick like ours when the team has so many holes and there are so many good prospects in round two that we need. Un freeking believable on any level.

DaFace 02-27-2013 01:55 PM

You guys are ridiculous. Just for the record.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy (Post 9446107)
You guys are all ****ing reeruns. I can't fully tell if this entire circle jerk has gone meta or not. There is a lot of selective memory going on right now. You all loved the ***** pick at first. I hate the trade value, but none of the QBs this year lit my undies on fire. Being a chiefs fan has a lot more to do with having the first pick the year after RGIII and Luck, and not about trading for Alex Smith.

Bitches running wild in here.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48734...08764&pid=15.1

Reerun_KC 02-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446248)

You forgot these

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=CbYDdXq...g&pid=Commerce

ModSocks 02-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446178)
You guys are ridiculous. Just for the record.

This is pretty much all you do now. Just poke your head in to tell us all how stupid we sound.

ndws 02-27-2013 02:26 PM

So what happens if Alex Smith actually plays well? Do people wipe the tears? Or do they still find problems with him?

BigChiefFan 02-27-2013 02:34 PM

Some of you act like it's brain surgery-it's ****ing football and these clowns have already shown they have no scruples. The trade is a pussy move.

DaFace 02-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9446305)
This is pretty much all you do now. Just poke your head in to tell us all how stupid we sound.

And how is that better than 100 pages of bitching and essentially telling people who disagree to STFU? This place has become the epitome of groupthink.

CanadianChief 02-27-2013 02:36 PM

Why not just wait until the 9er's release him? Why give up so much?

HemiEd 02-27-2013 02:39 PM

Here, both hands raised.

I have been watching this team make the same mistakes over and over for the better part of 43 years now.

I will show them that I am smarter than them by not making the same mistake of dedication to the team that I have had for 43 years. Life is to short.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446525)
And how is that better than 100 pages of bitching and essentially telling people who disagree to STFU? This place has become the epitome of groupthink.

When a group of people use their own reasoning and simultaneously arrive at the same conclusion, that is called CONSENSUS, not group think. Sorry.

Whosurdaddy 02-27-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446248)

Clearly I am drinking the coolaid when the vast echo chamber that is chiefsplanet right now is singing the praises of Alex Smith. QFT.

I don't think the value is good, but I think he is the better player this year. I think geno's system makes him a bit overrated and wasn't all that comfortable in hitching our wagon to a rookie that seemingly nobody is enamored with. Keep in mind that the coaches on this team got to interview the class and watch them at the combine and still passed.

I'm wondering if signing smith makes it more likely for another team to try and trade up. It's not out of the question for the chiefs to pick up a 2nd rounder and change in a trade down. If so, you pick up Milner in the 10 range and hopefully see what's available in the 2nd round.

Whosurdaddy 02-27-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

When a group of people use their own reasoning and simultaneously arrive at the same conclusion, that is called CONSENSUS, not group think. Sorry.
Yes, this is a bastion of independent thought.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Circlejerk
A group discussion or activity between like-minded individuals that validates mutual biases or goals in a non-confrontational environment.

Sanka 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

http://www.ronalfy.com/wp-content/bl...nd_raising.jpg

what a bunch of turd popsicles run this franchise

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

Yep. Hand up(WAY up), and **** this franchise in the ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 02-27-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9446449)
So what happens if Alex Smith actually plays well? Do people wipe the tears? Or do they still find problems with him?

What if monkeys fly out my ass? What if Matt Casell beomes a franchise QB with his next team?

DaFace 02-27-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9446637)

And if you believe that's what's happened around here, you're fooling yourself.

ptlyon 02-27-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

And what happens when he gets another concussion?

Thought so.

Cephalic Trauma 02-27-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy (Post 9446697)
Yes, this is a bastion of independent thought.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Circlejerk
A group discussion or activity between like-minded individuals that validates mutual biases or goals in a non-confrontational environment.

Did you see the Alex Smith/Matt Cassel thread?

After we all jizz on the cookie in the middle, you can eat it.

OzarksChiefsFan 02-27-2013 02:55 PM

What happened to Dorsey believing in building through the draft?

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2013 02:56 PM

Raising my hand. Rep to you SNR.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446709)

You act like this is a cult around here.

It happens to be a community of Chiefs fans that through the years has evolved in tone and mood to favor this particular brand of Chiefs fan. It's not a friendly place to casual Chiefs fans, nor is it friendly to people who just want to criticize the opinions of others ("You guys are petulant crybabies who don't get their way") while at the same time having no valid opinions of their own ("It's not my team, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Alex Smith is good.") Lately you've been fitting pretty squarely in the second type.

Whatever the overwhelming opinion is on this board arrived because people came to this place with that particular mindset. Some came here with other attitudes, and then switched after having discussions. Others still latch onto their opinions, but they're still valued football contributors to the community nonetheless.

Calling it groupthink is just being butthurt because your opinion isn't the popular one

BigCatDaddy 02-27-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446709)

LMAO... because everyone agreed on the hole Sanchez/Cassell thing.

DaFace 02-27-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9446772)
You act like this is a cult around here.

It happens to be a community of Chiefs fans that through the years has evolved in tone and mood to favor this particular brand of Chiefs fan. It's not a friendly place to casual Chiefs fans, nor is it friendly to people who just want to criticize the opinions of others ("You guys are petulant crybabies who don't get their way") while at the same time having no valid opinions of their own ("It's not my team, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Alex Smith is good.") Lately you've been fitting pretty squarely in the second type.

Whatever the overwhelming opinion is on this board arrived because people came to this place with that particular mindset. Some came here with other attitudes, and then switched after having discussions. Others still latch onto their opinions, but they're still valued football contributors to the community nonetheless.

Calling it groupthink is just being butthurt because your opinion isn't the popular one

The problem is that we have recently been regularly chasing people away not because of their attitude, but because of their opinions. We get a steady stream of reports of "trolling" when someone doesn't agree with the group. That's my complaint.

Hell, maybe I need a break too. If all we're going to hear is bitching about how bad the team is and how awful the guys are that everyone was so excited about 2 months ago, it's not going to be much fun to be an optimist.

See ya.

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 03:17 PM

My hands are up

ptlyon 02-27-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9446904)
My hands are up

My arms are feeling like I am getting jacked in a parking lot

Mr. Arrowhead 02-27-2013 03:20 PM

I keep hoping by March 12 that they change their mind

WV 02-27-2013 03:26 PM

It's like Pioli never left. A ****ing 2nd rounder for god sakes? I mean come the **** on, these guys are supposed to be different! **** Reid and Dorsey for this abortion of a trade.

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:31 PM

Everyone on the planet is smarter than these fools. Strike one is getting Alex Smith. Strike two was giving value for a QB about to be cut (regardless of Harbaugh's arguments to the contrary), Strike 3 was giving anything higher than a fifth round pick!

It is time to start a new fan movement -- Save our Chiefs from incompetent front office management.com

Maybe it is time for us to become 49ers fans for a few years until Dorsey and Reid get fired. Harbaugh is a god at everything, including cheating supposedly knowledgable front office and coaching staff.

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9447010)
Everyone on the planet is smarter than these fools. Strike one is getting Alex Smith. Strike two was giving value for a QB about to be cut (regardless of Harbaugh's arguments to the contrary), Strike 3 was giving anything higher than a fifth round pick!

It is time to start a new fan movement -- Save our Chiefs from incompetent front office management.com

Maybe it is time for us to become 49ers fans for a few years until Dorsey and Reid get fired. Harbaugh is a god at everything, including cheating supposedly knowledgable front office and coaching staff.

My thoughts exacts. Hell they have 11 draft picks this year to boot.

And I can still use my red and gold!

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:33 PM

We are cutting the 40th best QB in the NFL (Cassel) to get the 30th best QB in the league, and we gave up a 2nd round pick that is as good as a first round pick? JFC. And more?

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9447027)
We are cutting the 40th best QB in the NFL (Cassel) to get the 30th best QB in the league, and we gave up a 2nd round pick that is as good as a first round pick? JFC. And more?

And a 2nd next year!

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:46 PM

That would be too much for Matt Stafford, let alone the 30th best QB.

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:47 PM

Kevin Kolb is almost as good as Alex Smith, and we could get him for nothing if we want a subpar POS to carry this team to mediocrity for a year or two.

This smacks of the OAK trade for Palmer.

BlackHelicopters 02-27-2013 04:02 PM

Will raising both hands make a difference?

sd4chiefs 02-27-2013 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go

Cephalic Trauma 02-27-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9447245)
Will raising both hands make a difference?

Well, waving with both hands is usually restricted to gay men, NTTAWWT:shrug:

KCTitus 02-27-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446797)
The problem is that we have recently been regularly chasing people away not because of their attitude, but because of their opinions. We get a steady stream of reports of "trolling" when someone doesn't agree with the group. That's my complaint.

Hell, maybe I need a break too. If all we're going to hear is bitching about how bad the team is and how awful the guys are that everyone was so excited about 2 months ago, it's not going to be much fun to be an optimist.

See ya.

I have to agree, DaFace. I may not post much any longer, I thought I might find good discussion about this trade instead, it's pretty much nothing but Genious (Chiefsplanet Spelling) in here.

There's no point in even trying. Im older and tired and not willing to waste my time pointing out that, at the very least, the team should at least play a game (or even two) before declaring the next season a complete failure.

But just as I created over 10 years ago, The Lexicon holds true.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 05:15 PM

Look on the bright side: it's possible Reid suffers a coronary soon.

http://i.imgur.com/fp5Q3ul.gif

duncan_idaho 02-27-2013 05:15 PM

*raises hand*

Scott Pioli's recommended plan, according to his mock draft, is to let Brandon Albert go and draft Luke Joeckel No. 1.

That should be enough to convince ANY Chiefs fan it's the last freaking thing that should be done.

Scott Pioli thinks Geno doesn't have "it" and wouldn't take a risk on him.

That should be enough to convince any Chiefs it's the right thing to do.

Basically, apply CoMOChief rules to Scott Pioli.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9447777)
*raises hand*

Scott *****'s recommended plan, according to his mock draft, is to let Brandon Albert go and draft Luke Joeckel No. 1.

That should be enough to convince ANY Chiefs fan it's the last freaking thing that should be done.

Scott ***** thinks Geno doesn't have "it" and wouldn't take a risk on him.

That should be enough to convince any Chiefs it's the right thing to do.

Basically, apply CoMOChief rules to Scott *****.

Yep.

Scott Pioli would have let Branden Albert walk, drafted Joeckel, and acquired Alex Smith. Or some other shitass. The point is, we'd be in the same situation.

Only difference is Pioli is actually a hardass when it comes to negotiations. He likely would have held out strong and gotten the 49ers to do it for a 4th.

Dorsey, being the big dumb ****up he is, paid way too goddamn much

KCFaninSEA 02-27-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9447792)
Yep.

Scott ***** would have let Branden Albert walk, drafted Joeckel, and acquired Alex Smith. Or some other shitass. The point is, we'd be in the same situation.

Only difference is ***** is actually a hardass when it comes to negotiations. He likely would have held out strong and gotten the 49ers to do it for a 4th.

Dorsey, being the big dumb ****up he is, paid way too goddamn much

Didn't you post this when Dorsey was announced as the new GM??

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9311114)
Best. Day. Ever.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2013 12:49 AM

There is a known and proven method for building a modern NFL franchise. The Chiefs clearly have no interest in being a modern NFL franchise, nor do they care to compete at a championship level. They want your ass in the seat, no questions asked. So in closing; **** the Chiefs, I won't do what they tell me.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-26-2013 11:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job with this draft.

xztop123 04-26-2013 11:30 PM

I can control my own weight so I'm at least half of the way there

Hammock Parties 04-26-2013 11:31 PM

I am.

Their decision to eschew taking a QB early this year will haunt them.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635958)

You know that I was more than comfortable taking Geno Smith at 1.1.

But let's be real here. You, me, and many of us were both more than a round off on that pick. I was comfortable taking Barkley on either a trade down or if he fell to the 2nd round. I, like many, was several rounds off on that one.

Think this talk is silly. There are few people outside of Kansas City who disliked the Fisher pick or the Kerce pick. Right now, the only pick that's under the microscope appears to be the pick that was pretty much a 4.1.

RealSNR 04-26-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9635967)
You know that I was more than comfortable taking Geno Smith at 1.1.

But let's be real here. You, me, and many of us were both more than a round off on that pick. I was comfortable taking Barkley on either a trade down or if he fell to the 2nd round. I, like many, was several rounds off on that one.

Think this talk is silly. There are few people outside of Kansas City who disliked the Fisher pick or the Kerce pick. Right now, the only pick that's under the microscope appears to be the pick that was pretty much a 4.1.

What about the fact that Dorsey botched both the opportunity to trade down from #1 overall and also the Branden Albert trade? He had two opportunities to acquire a 2nd round pick in a draft where that round is VERY valuable and either stalled or couldn't get anything done.

Which is a big ****ing problem he had to deal with from the very beginning when he got taken to the cleaners on the Alex Smith trade.

Some fine, fine, players came and went in that second round. And we were unable to take any of them.

Hootie 04-26-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635958)

you would have taken a guy who went in the late 30s 1st overall...

yeah man

great

Dave Lane 04-26-2013 11:41 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...hybuo1_250.gif

Hootie 04-26-2013 11:42 PM

Branden Albert is better than 90% of the players selected in the 2nd round today...history will prove that.

if we have to tag and trade him next year or just let him walk then so be it

oh well

life goes on

Dorsey not bending over and taking it for Albert is fine. Who cares. Now we have two great tackles...no reason to cry about Fisher playing 1 year at RT.

Dante84 04-26-2013 11:43 PM

There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9635979)
What about the fact that Dorsey botched both the opportunity to trade down from #1 overall and also the Branden Albert trade? He had two opportunities to acquire a 2nd round pick in a draft where that round is VERY valuable and either stalled or couldn't get anything done.

Which is a big ****ing problem he had to deal with from the very beginning when he got taken to the cleaners on the Alex Smith trade.

Some fine, fine, players came and went in that second round. And we were unable to take any of them.

It sounds like he was asking for heavy compensation for both. The Raiders only got a 2nd rounder to move down 9 spots.

And we don't know yet if they botched the Albert trade. They have all season to move him for 2014 picks.

More than anything, it was just a shitty, shitty year to be any team in the top 3.

007 04-26-2013 11:46 PM

I bet the Chiefs think they can sit one more round on QB and they will be gone by the 5th round.

Rausch 04-26-2013 11:48 PM

The same guy who egged you to to coin that (guilty) is the same nearly extinct breed on here.

In the old days people didn't just talk here but actually knew each other. It wasn't just facebook time it was a means of getting together both in a passion and in real life.

THings people fear now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9447743)
But just as I created over 10 years ago, The Lexicon holds true.

It does and probably will for many years to come...

RunKC 04-26-2013 11:49 PM

Yeah let's judge them because they don't pick who you want and haven't even played a game yet.

Let's get to the root of your anger: they didn't draft Geno and you are mad at them.

beer bacon 04-27-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Do you mean plays well enough to get us to 10-6 and a first round playoff loss, or plays well enough for us to win a Super Bowl? The former doesn't mean a thing.

beer bacon 04-27-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9636002)
Yeah let's judge them because they don't pick who you want and haven't even played a game yet.

Let's get to the root of your anger: they didn't draft Geno and you are mad at them.

The root of my anger is that the new guys are doing the same things that led to us not winning a playoff game in the last 20 years.