ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610/810 Chiefs Planet call-in mob? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269722)

RealSNR 02-05-2013 03:21 PM

610/810 Chiefs Planet call-in mob?

This was mentioned in the Geno Smith thread. Matt Miller (draft dumbass extraordinaire) was on Border Patrol this morning. Whoever the host is for that show did an okay job trying to hammer out why Miller is such a flippant moron who wants us to take a ****ing OT but not a QB, even though he has Geno going to the Raiders at #3. His response was something like, "Oakland really likes Geno Smith. I make these drafts from a league-wide perspective, I'm not reporting for just one team. Geno is my 11th rated player on the board, so unless I hear that the Chiefs really want him, I'm not going to project him to the Chiefs at 1. Besides, they're a team that has a lot of needs, y'know... tack... well, potentially at tackle and uhhh... diarrhea diarrhea"

I'm sick of these draft douches thinking they know what's best for the Chiefs in their prognostications. You don't have to be high on any of the QBs to know that letting Albert walk and drafting his replacement at #1 overall is a ****ing TERRIBLE idea that improves the team ZERO PERCENT.

This guy will be on throughout draft season, as will a few others. Sorter and I have been chatting, and we want to plan a call-in blitz to these shows. Make them see the light. Most of the fans who call in just aren't sending the message hard enough.

Also, GoChiefs has generously volunteered to capture the audio and post it everywhere he can.

If you're interested, let us know. We'll try to find a date/time to call in to one of these shows and take control of the conversation the RIGHT way.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:22 PM

Why is it so important sports radio personalities feel the same way you do.

Dayze 02-05-2013 03:25 PM

I'll hold out for Athan's inside information.

The Franchise 02-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380382)

Hey Zach!

Fetch!

http://askinyourface.com/wp-content/...asing_ball.jpg

RealSNR 02-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

I'm talking about assholes like Miller who write up their mock drafts like a ****ing jigsaw puzzle. They work on the easy pieces first, find good spots for them, and then fill in the rest of the puzzle with the gray background shit that nobody wants to work on or talk about.

That's EXACTLY the feeling I got out of his answer why the Raiders will take Geno Smith but Kansas City won't

HolyHat 02-05-2013 03:25 PM

In

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

I think it would be cool to just expose these guys for the frauds that they are. They aren't "radio personalities" anyway, they are guys with draft websites seeking publicity.

Nightfyre 02-05-2013 03:27 PM

You guys should hash out some talking points prior to calling in just so you are all able to readily articulate the points. Also, you should try different strategies for each individual to get on the air.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9380397)
I think it would be cool to just expose these guys for the frauds that they are.

Is that what you think would happen? LMAO

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380402)

If a caller like SNR, Hamas, or Sorter called in, then yes.

Mr. Laz 02-05-2013 03:28 PM

Who's going to rent the airplane and banner?

RealSNR 02-05-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380402)

Every little bit helps, dude.

Has Save Our Chiefs taught you NOTHING?

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9380404)
If a caller like SNR, Hamas, or Sorter called in, then yes.

Sports radio.

Serious ****ing business.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9380407)
Every little bit helps, dude.

Has Save Our Chiefs taught you NOTHING?

That is comparing apples and [insert something that has nothing to do with an apple]

A message to Clark Hunt is a message to a person of consequence. You are getting worked up over people that don't matter.

KCUnited 02-05-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9380386)
I'll hold out for Athan's inside information.

I heard Athan on 610 the other day, he's on the trade Tamba draft Jarvis Jones tip, no joke.

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 03:33 PM

I called out Miller earlier when he made a tweet saying something like " prospect A is rated at the top of his position by so and so. I need to re evaluate now". I told him to stick to his shit and quit piggy backing off of others opinions. That's all he does. He and Zobel are both frauds.

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380408)
Sports radio.

Damn write!

RealSNR 02-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380411)
That is comparing apples and [insert something that has nothing to do with an apple]

A message to Clark Hunt is a message to a person of consequence. You are getting worked up over people that don't matter.

Oh give me a break. I never said this thing is the equivalent to SOC. You're the only one equating the two.

I'm talking about getting a message out to fans who haven't thought about it hard enough. That's all.

The Franchise 02-05-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9380428)
Damn write!

He should totally right a story.....am I write?

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9380431)
Oh give me a break. I never said this thing is the equivalent to SOC. You're the only one equating the two.

I'm talking about getting a message out to fans who haven't thought about it hard enough. That's all.

It is no biggie I will let it go but I can't for the life of me understand why some of you guys care about sports radio so much. It is pretty much the worst thing on Earth.

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9380432)
He should totally right a story.....am I write?

So my idea for a new CP lexicon works for you, write?

The Franchise 02-05-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9380437)
So my idea for a new CP lexicon works for you, write?

Write.

BigCatDaddy 02-05-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9380443)
Damn Write!

FYP

ChiefsCountry 02-05-2013 03:43 PM

People are so ****ing stupid about the Chiefs. An idiot friend of mine on Facebook put a status up saying we should trade for Alex Smith, sign Chase Daniel and then trade down for a cornerback.

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 03:46 PM

Honestly the only reason we'd have to do this in the first place is because our fan base is so ****ing stupid.

mikey23545 02-05-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Why is it so important sports radio personalities feel the same way you do?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9...itersqueez.jpg

|Zach| 02-05-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9380462)
Honestly the only reason we'd have to do this in the first place is because our fan base is so ****ing stupid.

Thank god we have people like you to do God's work.

keg in kc 02-05-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380435)
It is no biggie I will let it go but I can't for the life of me understand why some of you guys care about sports radio so much. It is pretty much the worst thing on Earth.

Yep. Totally worthless.

Which makes it about as valuable as bagging on people because they care about sports radio.

warrior 02-05-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380486)

:D

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9380489)
Yep. Totally worthless.

Which makes it about as valuable as bagging on people because they care about sports radio.

Not only that but organizing call ins until everyone has the same opinion! ROFL

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380486)

Somebody has to around here.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380435)

What you fail to understand is how much sports radio can effect the easily brainwashed fans. Having dumb fans in my opinion is as bad as having a bad team. The reason we have one of the dumbest fan bases in sports is bc we have some of the worst local sports radio in sports.

So yes, I care about local sports radio and the bullshit they spew.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380510)
What you fail to understand is how much sports radio can effect the easily brainwashed fans. Having dumb fans in my opinion is as bad as having a bad team. The reason we have one of the dumbest fan bases in sports is bc we have some of the worst local sports radio in sports.

So yes, I care about local sports radio and the busllshit they spew.

Have you done an analysis of sports fans and the quality of sports radio in the other NFL markets?

You're talking out of your ass.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380504)
Not only that but organizing call ins until everyone has the same opinion! ROFL

I would say the notion that Tyler Wilson should be the Chiefs pick at #1 overall is an opinion that is different from my own. It has merit, though.

The notion that the Chiefs should let go of Albert and draft Joeckel is also an opinion that is different from my own. However, in this case, shit clearly has not been planned out very well. It doesn't make any sense, and operates under a number of stretchy assumptions as well as a near-religious devotion to the vague and ill-defined "draft value/BPA" idea.

It shouldn't be too much to ask for some reasonable conversations out of purported experts like Miller and Zoebel instead of the wet rancid diarrhea we've been getting up to this point.

Ebolapox 02-05-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380408)
Sports radio.

wow... you really ARE the biggest freaking blowhard on this message board. holy shit.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380512)
Have you done an analysis of sports fans and the quality of sports radio in the other NFL markets?

You're talking out of your ass.

Yes, I have. I've lived in 6 different sports markets in my life. We have the worst sports talk and the dumbest fans.

Try talking to a random Chiefs fan about the draft the next time you are in line at the grocery store. Hell, chances are the 30 year season ticket holder sitting next to you at the Chiefs game probably didnt even know who Scott Pioli was until we started calling for his head.

So go **** yourself

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380519)
Yes, I have. I've lived in 6 different sports markets in my life. We have the worst sports talk and the dumbest fans.

LMAOLMAO

Sfeihc 02-05-2013 04:13 PM

Miller's mock is a perfect example of WTF? If Geno is good enough to be the 3rd pick then he is damn well good enough to be the 1st pick.

BourbonMan 02-05-2013 04:15 PM

Since when do the FANS decide who the Chiefs pick for the Draft?

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380522)
LMAOLMAO

Look how hard you blow the soccer team here, how much do hear on the radio about SKC? How many people do you know in this city that can name the entire roster to you? I'd be surprised if you could do it w/o using Google.

Sports radio in this town gets on 1 topic and beats it to hell. They have no diversity at all. They bring 1 or 2 so called "experts" to go on a rant about total bullshit. Listening to them talk about the Royals is literally unbearable.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380526)
Look how hard you blow the soccer team here, how much do hear on the radio about SKC? How many people do you know in this city that can name the entire roster to you? I'd be surprised if you could do it w/o using Google.

Sports radio in this town gets on 1 topic and beats it to hell. They have no diversity at all. They bring 1 or 2 so called "experts" to go on a rant about total bullshit. Listening to them talk about the Royals is literally unbearable.

Actually a lot...there are two independent soccer shows on main AM sports stations...

They are actually announcing a new deal with 810 in 45 mins.

Be sure to tune in...it will be all Sporting Kansas City. Hahaha.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380531)
Actually a lot...there are two independent soccer shows on the main channel...

They are actually announcing a new deal with 810 in 45 mins.

Be sure to tune in...it will be all Sporting Kansas City

All they do is promote shit, they never actually TALK soccer. You are the one talking out of your ass.

Direckshun 02-05-2013 04:22 PM

I am ****ing in.

Just tell me when.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380535)
All they do is promote shit, they never actually TALK soccer. You are the one talking out of your ass.

Stateline soccer show. Call in show 2 hosts all soccer...610. As well as what will be announced for 810 on top of them broadcasting the actual games.

It is funny. You picked a bad day to bring this up.

crossbow 02-05-2013 04:23 PM

Kansas City Chiefs were last in the NFL in points scored per game despite having one of the best tailbacks in the league. They averaged 13 points per game. Pretty obvious that they need a QB. Well, unless they can figure out how to score with a left tackle.

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:24 PM

I have 3 of the 610 host's cell numbers. If I was an asshole....

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9380543)
Stateline soccer show. Call in show 2 hosts all soccer...610. As well as what will be announced for 810 on top of them broadcasting the actual games.

It is funny. You picked a bad day to bring this up.

And what time does that show take place Zach?

Sorter 02-05-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9380546)

ahaha!

|Zach| 02-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380551)
And what time does that show take place Zach?

Its mostly in season. I don't really know to be sure I don't listen to sports radio. And I think the deals coming out with 810 changed things there.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9380546)

I play basketball with Carrington every week. I tell him to pull his head out of his ass every time. The Danny Parkins show makes me want to kill puppies.

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380559)
I play basketball with Carrington every week. I tell him to pull his head out of his ass every time. The Danny Parkins show makes me want to kill puppies.

I actually like the DP show, as I affectionately call it. I know Carrington as well, so that has a lot to do with it.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9380565)
I actually like the DP show, as I affectionately call it. I know Carrington as well, so that has a lot to do with it.

Danny seems like a smart guy, and I like Carrington, but its not a very professional show. The side shit is funny sometimes, but doing it for a better part of the show drives me crazy.

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380572)
Danny seems like a smart guy, and I like Carrington, but its not a very professional show. The side shit is funny sometimes, but doing it for a better part of the show drives me crazy.

Yeah. It definitely appeals to a different audience than most of the other shows. They're constantly lobbying for older listeners.

On a side note, I'd like to point out that I've lived in other large sports markets and Kansas City has, hands down, the worst callers to the local sports shows. Every now and then you'll get a guy that's worth his salt, but most of the time I am confused that I'm suddenly listening to Howard Stern, and High Pitched Eric or Gary the reerun has called in. It's seriously bad.

Sorter 02-05-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9380596)
Yeah. It definitely appeals to a different audience than most of the other shows. They're constantly lobbying for older listeners.

On a side note, I'd like to point out that I've lived in other large sports markets and Kansas City has, hands down, the worst callers to the local sports shows. Every now and then you'll get a guy that's worth his salt, but most of the time I am confused that I'm suddenly listening to Howard Stern, and High Pitched Eric or Gary the reerun has called in. It's seriously bad.

LMAOLMAO

keg in kc 02-05-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9380596)

On a side note, I'd like to point out that I've lived in other large sports markets and Kansas City has, hands down, the worst callers to the local sports shows. Every now and then you'll get a guy that's worth his salt, but most of the time I am confused that I'm suddenly listening to Howard Stern, and High Pitched Eric or Gary the reerun have called in. It's seriously bad.

I listen to almost zero sports talk now, I'll probably listen a bit in april leading up to the draft and with the new Royals season, but that's about it. I used to listen to tons and tons of it though, and the funniest part was how you'd hear the same callers day after day after day, and when 610 started you'd hear them on both channels. It was like the high point of these dudes' lives was hearing themselves on the radio.

Says the sad, sad man with 12 years of posts on here.

RunKC 02-05-2013 04:45 PM

This is a pointless battle. Danny Parkins would trade the first overall pick for Tony Romo and we all know how much of a pillow biter Bob Fescoe is.

I will give credit to Jay Binkley though. He's been on the Tyler Wilson train since late October. At least he understands that we need a QB.

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9380619)
This is a pointless battle. Danny Parkins would trade the first overall pick for Tony Romo and we all know how much of a pillow biter Bob Fescoe is.

I will give credit to Jay Binkley though. He's been on the Tyler Wilson train since late October. At least he understands that we need a QB.

Binkley is a solid football mind.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-05-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9380388)

ROFL

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:47 PM

The best sports radio is after a Chiefs loss, There are a few callers on 810 that call in every week after a loss and it's pure gold. They absolutely THRASH the Chiefs and some of the fans...

HolyHat 02-05-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9380619)

Tyler Wilsons ceiling is Tony Romo...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-05-2013 04:53 PM

M O B

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380630)
The best sports radio is after a Chiefs loss, There are a few callers on 810 that call in every week after a loss and it's pure gold. They absolutely THRASH the Chiefs and some of the fans...

Wristcutters.

Fish 02-05-2013 04:58 PM

I would worry about a few things. Even with a good sized group, its really hard to say how much the group would dominate other callers who are stupid. Sometimes the shows prefer stupid callers because it gives them control and superiority. Who knows how many idiots would call in as well, or how the shows would screen the callers. If everybody called in, but only one person from this group made it on the air, it's not going to be effective. Also keep in mind that it's pretty likely that some schmuck from the stations checks this forum. There are just too many aspects of the process that are out of our control, to think that it would be successful.

Strongside 02-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9380666)
I would worry about a few things. Even with a good sized group, its really hard to say how much the group would dominate other callers who are stupid. Sometimes the shows prefer stupid callers because it gives them control and superiority. Who knows how many idiots would call in as well, or how the shows would screen the callers. If everybody called in, but only one person from this group made it on the air, it's not going to be effective. Also keep in mind that it's pretty likely that some schmuck from the stations checks this forum. There are just too many aspects of the process that are out of our control, to think that it would be successful.

Ah, yes. The Bill O'Reilly approach.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 05:01 PM

It's not like we would get out of line, just get our point across. If we have 2 or 3 people get through it would be effective.

Strongside 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

Maybe we should fly a banner over Entercom.

"STEP UP YOUR GAME KC MEDIA. WE DESERVE BETTER"

HolyHat 02-05-2013 05:06 PM

We could almost follow a script. Bring up why we shouldnt draft LT, why we should draft QB. Bring up Joeckels weakness and make him fumble around excuses.

Ask him plain and simple
- who is the best QB in the draft?
- how many more games does a LT win us?

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 05:52 PM

How about this?

only two teams in the last 10 years have selected a non-quarterback first overall. Houston took Mario Williams in 2006 and Miami took Jake Long in 2008. Both of these players were everything these franchises could have hoped for in a number one pick. They both made All-Pro teams and have been considered amongst the league's best at their respective positions. Yet it is possible that neither one will earn a second contract with their team. They have one combined playoff appearance amongst them, during Long's rookie year (Houston made the playoffs last year with Williams going on IR midway through last season). Despite his individual success, the Houston defense continued to be terrible after Williams was drafted. By the time it was good, they deemed him expendable. Long is facing a similar situation - he's a free agent after this season, but is having his worst year as a pro. Any relevance and improvement the Dolphins have going forward is going to be completely tied to Ryan Tannehill. A quarterback selected in the first-round.

YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-05-2013 05:56 PM

That's pretty good find sapho, but it'll go right through the ears of those blowhards.

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9380808)
That's pretty good find sapho, but it'll go right through the ears of those blowhards.

:banghead:

BlackHelicopters 02-05-2013 06:25 PM

I, too, value what people on the radio say. Sort of like the Internet. Can't be said if it isn't true.

okcchief 02-05-2013 06:38 PM

The fanbase and "draft gurus" don't ****ing matter. You guys see someone mock that we will take an OT and freak out. Dorsey and Reid aren't going to listen to fans or draft dipshits. They are going to use years of NFL experience, and pick who they want. I hope that is Geno Smith is pick. I just don't understand why anyone cares what someone tweets about the Chiefs draft pick who is in no way connected to that decision. Educating the fanbase makes no difference on the Chiefs pick, and if it does we have bigger problems. They know QB is a position of need, and will go with the best fit. Just hope it's the right one.

Rasputin 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

I'm your huckleberry
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...adigo1_400.png

Say when

Sorter 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9380905)

you thief!!

:)

Rasputin 02-05-2013 06:43 PM

What's the number to call in?

O.city 02-05-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9380905)

IMO best line of the movie is when he is asked where is Wyatt

"Down by the creek, walking on water"

Val was unbelievable in that movie

wazu 02-05-2013 07:11 PM

Sign me up. Will be my first time calling in. I love this idea. I think we should schedule multiple such events.

wazu 02-05-2013 07:12 PM

We also need to light up text lines.

wazu 02-05-2013 07:14 PM

This may be the next evolution of SOC.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9380799)
How about this?

only two teams in the last 10 years have selected a non-quarterback first overall. Houston took Mario Williams in 2006 and Miami took Jake Long in 2008. Both of these players were everything these franchises could have hoped for in a number one pick. They both made All-Pro teams and have been considered amongst the league's best at their respective positions. Yet it is possible that neither one will earn a second contract with their team. They have one combined playoff appearance amongst them, during Long's rookie year (Houston made the playoffs last year with Williams going on IR midway through last season). Despite his individual success, the Houston defense continued to be terrible after Williams was drafted. By the time it was good, they deemed him expendable. Long is facing a similar situation - he's a free agent after this season, but is having his worst year as a pro. Any relevance and improvement the Dolphins have going forward is going to be completely tied to Ryan Tannehill. A quarterback selected in the first-round.

YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE.

Just an FYI but its a little more than "possible" that Williams won't get a 2nd contract in Houston.

He's in Buffalo. ;)