ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto What do you think my truck is worth? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339142)

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:44 PM

What do you think my truck is worth?

I know this will get a bunch of the typical, unimaginative "nothing because it's a Ford" posts I'll have to weed through but just curious what you guys think I should value my truck at?

I've checked three different auto value sites, entered all the info I can and I'm getting anywhere from $13-17k. But obviously none of these let me add in the mods/upgrades I've done to it so it's hard for me to decide what I'd be comfortable taking for it. I dont need the money, I'm content on keeping it but it's kind of a waste just sitting in my garage.

TambaBerry 07-21-2021 06:46 PM

I'm gonna be straight with you the average person isn't going to care about the upgrades

mlyonsd 07-21-2021 06:47 PM

I have no idea but that is a pretty truck.

Sassy Squatch 07-21-2021 06:50 PM

Tree fiddy

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15749873)
I'm gonna be straight with you the average person isn't going to care about the upgrades

And that's perfectly fine, like I said I dont have a time limit or even need to sell it. I have time to wait for someone who will appreciate what I've put into it. I'm not trying to get back all the money I have in it, but I'm not letting it go for $13k either.

stumppy 07-21-2021 06:54 PM

Wash that dirty engine off.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 15749874)
I have no idea but that is a pretty truck.

Thanks! The plan was for a turbo but it can already get me into way too much trouble and almost has so I scrapped that idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15749878)
Wash that dirty engine off.

How much hp do you think that'll add?

Kellerfox 07-21-2021 06:56 PM

As Tamba said, you aren't going to get much (if any) returns on your upgrades. In fact, if anything, the peeling paint is actually going to knock off value. That's something that someone is either going to have to pay to fix immediately or live with an "ugly" truck as it continues to flake away. You may know that the black paint is flawless, but it will be a big red flag as many wonder if it's sealed or will start to rust etc.

Personal opinion on value: I'd use KBB's private party sale price for "very good" condition with your mileage and subtract $500-1000 to account for paint.

BWillie 07-21-2021 06:59 PM

I would buy your truck for $1,500. I bet someone gives you 7k for it. But you are in SW Missouri where people really value trucks so maybe not.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellerfox (Post 15749880)
As Tamba said, you aren't going to get much (if any) returns on your upgrades. In fact, if anything, the peeling paint is actually going to knock off value. That's something that someone is either going to have to pay to fix immediately or live with an "ugly" truck as it continues to flake away. You may know that the black paint is flawless, but it will be a big red flag as many wonder if it's sealed or will start to rust etc.

Personal opinion on value: I'd use KBB's private party sale price for "very good" condition with your mileage and subtract $500-1000 to account for paint.

Its not paint, its basically plastidip. It peels off easily, I just dont want to do it. KBB's was the highest estimate among the ones I checked though. And if I hold out for the right buyer, I think someone will appreciate the upgrades...especially after they test drive it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15749883)
I would buy your truck for $1,500. I bet someone gives you 7k for it. But you are in SW Missouri where people really value trucks so maybe not.

I've already had an offer for $13k.

TribalElder 07-21-2021 07:12 PM

check kbb.com

peel that plasti-dip off and sell it to carmax

trucks are always $$$

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:19 PM

Maybe I should just convert it all back to stock and sell all of the aftermarket stuff separately, I still have all of the stock parts.

Sassy Squatch 07-21-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749899)
Maybe I should just convert it all back to stock and sell all of the aftermarket stuff separately, I still have all of the stock parts.

So you'd do that but not peel off that plasti-dip crap that's definitely diminishing the $$$ you're going to get?

Deberg_1990 07-21-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749871)
I know this will get a bunch of the typical, unimaginative "nothing because it's a Ford" posts I'll have to weed through but just curious what you guys think I should value my truck at?

I've checked three different auto value sites, entered all the info I can and I'm getting anywhere from $13-17k. But obviously none of these let me add in the mods/upgrades I've done to it so it's hard for me to decide what I'd be comfortable taking for it. I dont need the money, I'm content on keeping it but it's kind of a waste just sitting in my garage.

https://springfield.craigslist.org/b...352894310.html

Whatever R8ers thinks it’s worth….

Miles 07-21-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749899)

If trucks are much like sports cars in this regard mods will usually hurt the value.

I keep hearing carmax is paying well these days so might try them after you peel that stuff off your paint.