ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *** 2019 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320903)

gonefishin53 01-28-2019 11:00 AM

IMO, the one position on offense that needs to be filled is a versatile TE/H-back/FB type to be a legit 5th receiving option when AR goes heavy. I think Alize Mack, Notre Dame, could fill that role. Receiving options didn't put up good numbers in ND's offense, but Mack has 4.5 speed, good agility, and is listed between 6'3'' and 6'5'' tall and 244lbs and 251 lbs. Scouts think he'll do well in a pro offense.

Chris Meck 01-28-2019 05:21 PM

I am SO on the Jaylon Ferguson train.

Dante84 01-28-2019 06:30 PM

Be sure to share updates if yall see anyone else we've met with.

htismaqe 01-29-2019 11:49 AM

I want Nasir Adderley.

Dante84 01-29-2019 12:00 PM

Just added:

Quote:

Derrick Baity, CB, Kentucky
Blace Brown, CB, Troy
Rashad Fenton, CB, South Carolina
Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
David Sills, WR, West Virginia
Joe Dineen Jr., ILB, Kansas
Thanks to T-PostTom!

T-post Tom 01-29-2019 03:19 PM

Really hoping the Chiefs' 1st pick is a CB that can start his first year. Even if it means moving up for fair compensation. CB is a premium position & a position of need. Locking up a 5 yr rookie contract for a starting CB seems like a top option for the Chiefs.

ntexascardfan 01-29-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14076762)
ME TOO! :D

You know, after going back and watching film on both of them I think I'm back in the Omenihu camp.

To me the difference is versatility. Omenihu is a monster off the edge, but he can also hold up on the run and shows well when he is used in coverage. Todd Orlando's defense is pretty exotic and he liked to drop Omenihu back in obvious passing downs and bring pressure with the linebackers. With there being some concerns about Houston as a SAM in Spags defense, that extra flexibility and unpredictability could be a big asset.

One of the things that I think would be fascinating with him is how he could be used in obvious passing downs. He was a 3-tech in Texas' 34 defense, but I think is more natural as a LEO in a 43. He could slide inside, spin Houston down to the LEO, and give us the opportunity to really create some havoc upfront.

kccrow 01-29-2019 08:39 PM

So far looking at a few I really like. I'm interested in Hanks too at LB. He's kind of hot and cold for me though, but he has the talent.

RustShack 01-29-2019 09:35 PM

I think obviously we need to target a CB(or two) high, a late round flyer CB or potentially even undrafted would be Brian Peavy from Iowa State. According to PFF he was one of if not the best CB’s in the nation this year and on their awards, he was first team All-American. Classic example of a guy who doesn’t kill in in combine drills, but is a great football player and classic example of someone who could easily be a steal.

MaHomies 01-29-2019 11:08 PM

Our position needs are CB, Safety, ILB, DT, OG.
At CB, I like Greedy Williams(Early 1st), Trayvon Mullen(Early 2nd), Amani Oruwariye(Early 2nd), or Kris Boyd(Mid 2nd)
At Safety I like Deionte Thompson(Mid-Late 1st), Johnathan Abram(Mid 2nd), Juan Thornhill(Mid-Late 2nd), Jaquon Johnson (Early 3rd), or Lukas Denis(Mid 3rd)
At ILB I like Devin White(Early 1st), Mack Wilson(Early 2nd),Tre Lamar (Mid 3rd)
At DT, I like basically all of them that can be taken in the first 3 rounds.
At OG, I like Beau Benzschwal(Early 3rd)

Dante84 01-30-2019 01:07 AM

Can’t overlook TE2. Huge hole currently.

MaHomies 01-30-2019 03:52 AM

Resign Kelvin Benjamin's fat a** and teach him to block

htismaqe 01-30-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaHomies (Post 14080751)
Resign Kelvin Benjamin's fat a** and teach him to block

Can't catch. He's basically Harris but worse.

No.

Chris Meck 01-30-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14077340)
No-one is saying they should bring one in in Fa. You implied that we shouldn't bring one in at all, so you seem to have changed your tune with that last statement. I believe they would take one in the third round if a decent one drops there.

they'll bring in guys at every position every year. I'll bet they even invite a QB or two to camp.

I'm saying RB is not a priority; we have 2 that have played well and two more that we could re-sign that are average to above average if we want. There will be UDFA's in camp, and perhaps a late round pick because that's how you run an NFL franchise.

There's not a NEED at the position. If you want to talk about offensive needs, we will likely NEED a C, could use a G, and have only one TE.

On defense, we likely need 4 or 5 guys, depending on who we keep of the higher paid older cats; most of whom are injured a lot. Most of whom I would imagine, they let go.

htismaqe 01-30-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14080832)
they'll bring in guys at every position every year. I'll bet they even invite a QB or two to camp.

I'm saying RB is not a priority; we have 2 that have played well and two more that we could re-sign that are average to above average if we want. There will be UDFA's in camp, and perhaps a late round pick because that's how you run an NFL franchise.

There's not a NEED at the position. If you want to talk about offensive needs, we will likely NEED a C, could use a G, and have only one TE.

On defense, we likely need 4 or 5 guys, depending on who we keep of the higher paid older cats; most of whom are injured a lot. Most of whom I would imagine, they let go.

:clap::clap::clap: