ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

-King- 12-13-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9206210)
I was assured many times over that the LA dream team would win another title this year.

It's a long season and there's a big (canyon sized) difference between Chris Duhon and Steve Nash and even Morris and Blake. So you never know.

I'm not counting the Lakers out at all.... But Jim Buss still needs to get taken out back.

okcchief 12-13-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9206221)
It's a long season and there's a big (canyon sized) difference between Chris Duhon and Steve Nash and even Morris and Blake. So you never know.

I'm not counting the Lakers out at all.... But Jim Buss still needs to get taken out back.

As Barkley said many times tonight 'Antoni is gonna have to change it up. This team is too old and slow to run that offense even with Nash. It's just not going to work without adjusting.

Maybe they should have just let Bickerstaff take over?

RealSNR 12-13-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9206189)
Trade you guys Pau Gasol for him :)

The way Pek has been playing lately, Love has been kind of useless. He's had one or two monster games. In the others he's wasting shots. But he's rebounding at least.

If that's how we want our guys to play though, we may as well make Pekovic the offensive scoring threat around the boards, use Derrick Williams full time, and trade Love away for a strong starting veteran 2 guard.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You don't just give those kinds of players away, even for someone like Love. :huh:

The Bad Guy 12-13-2012 11:01 PM

What I don't get is how MD came in talking about how the immediate post up in a half court set is the most worthless play in basketball and that's what he constantly runs to death. No screen roles. He's a ****ing deplorable coach.

mcaj22 12-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9203883)
Hey LA Chieffan... still want Kevin Love? Dude's a giant douchebag. I hate his cracker ass and his idiot brain mouth that he can't keep ****ing shut.

Good Wolves win no thanks to the Pink Panther. 3-17 from the field? **** you, Kevin Love.

Next time you're "concerned about the direction of the team," double check to see if YOU'RE part of the bad direction the team is supposedly taking. Because right now you are.

dude got exposed to and a bad case of being in the friend circle of players that like to be all buddy buddy on power teams, the olympic squad did him no favors, he was able to get to know all those guys that recruit eachother on the same markets, so he doesnt give a **** now, and clearly wants to play with ____ , ____ and ___ his new starpower pals.

sucks he was corrupted

RealSNR 12-13-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9206700)
dude got exposed to and a bad case of being in the friend circle of players that like to be all buddy buddy on power teams, the olympic squad did him no favors, he was able to get to know all those guys that recruit eachother on the same markets, so he doesnt give a **** now, and clearly wants to play with ____ , ____ and ___ his new starpower pals.

sucks he was corrupted

That's possible. He's been on all-star teams before, though. I know that's not the same thing as competing in the Olympics, but he's had chances to associate and "connect" with other stars in the league.

It's a reasonable explanation though. The dude last year had a chance to let his old contract expire and go to a new team of his own choosing. Decided against it, and re-signed for 3 and possibly 4 more years with the Wolves. NOW he's concerned about the direction the team is moving in? He said he just wanted to win last year. Why the hell wasn't he more concerned back then than he is now? Especially since the Wolves for once in his sorry career will be challenging for a playoff spot most likely.

Also, if your GM/owner is a jackass, DON'T SIGN ANOTHER ****ING CONTRACT with them if that's the sort of thing that bugs you. The way he talks in his "professional" bullshit spouting, it's as if Kahn used his wizard powers to trick Love into signing the contract.

Any way you slice it, Love looks like a ****ing moron right now and for good reason. The asshole can go **** himself.

Shogun 12-13-2012 11:21 PM

$10 says Phil Jackson is coaching by the end of the year in LA. Any takers?

-King- 12-13-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206732)

Bridge is burned. And no way they're paying for 3 coaches in one season.

Shogun 12-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9206734)
Bridge is burned. And no way they're paying for 3 coaches in one season.

So what I'm hearing is.. you're in?

Simplicity 12-13-2012 11:37 PM

When the **** is Rubio actually suppose to come back? lol that's the 2nd game he passed.

RealSNR 12-13-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9206758)
When the **** is Rubio actually suppose to come back? lol that's the 2nd game he passed.

Couple weeks still? He's back at practice, but I'm sure it's a matter of doctors "clearing" him to play in an actual game.

I've accepted the fact that even when he comes back this season he'll have to probably take it easy for a very long time. The dude is not Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson. May as well count this season as burned and wait for him next year I suppose.

In the meantime, the team is doing pretty good. If Love can keep his trap shut and stop playing like a pussy, that is.

Pitt Gorilla 12-14-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055346)
Well...that's a bad trade for OKC. Their team just took a serious value hit today....Harden was one of the best players in the NBA last season when he was on the court (see his rate stats).

Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Thunder are 18-4. Would they have been that much better with Harden?

mdchiefsfan 12-14-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9206856)

I agree. I haven't watched the Thunder this year at all but (assuming that Martin is their sixth man) there is no real drop off between Martin and Harden in that role. Martin might actually stretch the floor more for them on the offense since he is a better spot-up shooter than Harden IMO.

RealSNR 12-14-2012 09:30 PM

I think it's this Thursday? Thunder vs Wolves.

We'll probably get our shit pushed in, but I've wanted to see us brawl it out with a REALLY good team all year. I'm sick of seeing shit losses against Denver and Portland. If we're going to lose, let's lose because we put up a good game against an ultra talented team.

Shogun 12-14-2012 09:42 PM

Really emotional seeing Mchale like that. Always a celtic.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9206856)

19-4.

I will never say Martin is a better player than Harden, but I do think he fits what OKC needed. He stretches the floor and helps open it up for KD and Russ. Plus, I think he will re-sign for what they wanted to pay Harden, and they have Lamb plus 3 more picks for the future.

It's a case of a trade being good for both teams. That's if Houston can find a sucker to take Lin because he's pretty worthless with Harden.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9209434)
I think it's this Thursday? Thunder vs Wolves.

We'll probably get our shit pushed in, but I've wanted to see us brawl it out with a REALLY good team all year. I'm sick of seeing shit losses against Denver and Portland. If we're going to lose, let's lose because we put up a good game against an ultra talented team.

The Thunder/Wolves has always been a fun game. OKC has won like 11 in a row I think, but most have been nail biters. I'm sure the Wolves are due to get at least one this year.

okcchief 12-14-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206732)

I think it's too late now. I don't know if the Lakers would ever offer Phil what he would want at this point. If it was a concern before his price only got higher.

kcxiv 12-15-2012 04:31 AM

Phil's done, this was the only chance for him to come back, it was just a temp job as it was. He will be 70 next year.

okcchief 12-15-2012 06:55 PM

Mr. Rubio comes back tonight. Free league pass this weekend so I'll have to check it out.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211216)
Mr. Rubio comes back tonight. Free league pass this weekend so I'll have to check it out.

Don't expect much. At least I wouldn't. 10 or 20 minutes most likely. I don't even know if he's going to start.

okcchief 12-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211230)
Don't expect much. At least I wouldn't. 10 or 20 minutes most likely. I don't even know if he's going to start.

Yeah, unfortunately I let my daughter watch Cinderella. What a ****ing sap I am. Looks like they are definitely easing him in looking at the box score. Still good to see him back. The more fun players to watch the better.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211411)
Yeah, unfortunately I let my daughter watch Cinderella. What a ****ing sap I am. Looks like they are definitely easing him in looking at the box score. Still good to see him back. The more fun players to watch the better.

You're just missing the Alexey Shved Show tonight. It's a pretty good episode. It's the one where Shved raped the living **** out of OJ Mayo

RealSNR 12-15-2012 08:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Derrick Williams ****ed Adelman's wife. It's gotta be something like that.

DWill is having a pretty good night, yet he's losing all his minutes to Dante Cunningham, who is struggling to get rebounds.

-King- 12-15-2012 08:40 PM

Good Knicks Cavs game going on. Kyrie Irving is a beast.... if only he wasn't so injury prone.

okcchief 12-15-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211430)
I'm pretty sure Derrick Williams ****ed Adelman's wife. It's gotta be something like that.

DWill is having a pretty good night, yet he's losing all his minutes to Dante Cunningham, who is struggling to get rebounds.

Maybe.

He's been tossed around in trade rumors since last summer.

-King- 12-15-2012 08:54 PM

Kyrie Irving is just showing off at this point. Wow

-King- 12-15-2012 08:59 PM

Varejao misses the FT that would have taken the game into OT. Late substitution by Woodson messed up his rhythm.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 09:08 PM

Things were going so well for most of the 3rd quarter :huh:

If we lose this game, I'll shit a brick. I'm tired of this team ****ing things up in the 4th quarter.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:19 PM

I turn it on and Rubio misses 2 crunch time free throws then fouls Fisher on a jumper. Ouch!

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:28 PM

Wow!

-King- 12-15-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

<table class="mod-data" border="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:18</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Luke Ridnour misses 25-foot three point jumper </td></tr> <tr class="even"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:17</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Andrei Kirilenko offensive rebound</td></tr> <tr class="odd"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:03</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Ricky Rubio misses 25-foot three point jumper </td></tr> <tr class="even"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:02</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Nikola Pekovic misses tip shot</td></tr> <tr class="odd"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:02</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Nikola Pekovic offensive rebound</td></tr> <tr class="even"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:01</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Nikola Pekovic misses tip shot</td></tr> <tr class="odd"><td style="text-align:center;" valign="top" width="50">0:01</td><td valign="top"> </td><td style="text-align:center;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">102-102</td><td style="text-align:left;" valign="top">Nikola Pekovic offensive rebound</td></tr></tbody></table>
Fail.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:32 PM

Why the **** are they playing Ridenaur? He's aired 2 ****ing 3's since I've been watching.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:34 PM

Beautiful play from Shved to AK.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211509)
Why the **** are they playing Ridenaur? He's aired 2 ****ing 3's since I've been watching.

Why do the Chiefs like Matt Cassel?

I'm convinced the answers are the same.

-King- 12-15-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211515)

LMAO

RealSNR 12-15-2012 09:36 PM

I would trade the **** out of Kevin Love for a really good 2 guard right now.

We're basically a backcourt of point guards. It's ****ing insane.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 09:38 PM

In Target Center, dagger shoots Shved

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211515)

Touché'

Al Bundy 12-15-2012 09:40 PM

Good road win for the Warriors, again.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211524)
I would trade the **** out of Kevin Love for a really good 2 guard right now.

We're basically a backcourt of point guards. It's ****ing insane.

There would have to be some other stuff coming with it. I can't think of a 2 guard in the league on the block that would be worth Love.

RealSNR 12-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211537)
There would have to be some other stuff coming with it. I can't think of a 2 guard in the league on the block that would be worth Love.

In my "this shit would never ****ing happen" fantasy dreams:

The Lakers decide they can't keep this up. They have to start over, and trade Kobe to the Wolves.

Yeah, laugh away, but man that would be so hot

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9211533)
Good road win for the Warriors, again.

Really good.

Atlanta's been playing well and you stomped them on their home court.

I have to give Mark Jackson credit. He's doing a really good job. A much better coach than analyst. I couldn't stand him in that role.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211544)

The Lakers decide they can't keep this up. They have to start over, and trade Kobe to the Wolves.

I guess you can hope for a total implosion, but is bet they'd ask for more than Love. I don't see the Lakers trading Kobe unless he REALLY gets in to it with management, and I don't see Kobe playing on Minnesota regardless.

Actually, if Houston can't deal Lin trading Harden for Love wouldn't be a bad trade for either team.

okcchief 12-15-2012 09:51 PM

I love league pass. I need to call Direct TV and get this shit on the cheap.

Al Bundy 12-15-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211545)
Really good.

I have to give Mark Jackson credit. He's doing a really good job. A much better coach than analyst. I couldn't stand him in that role.

They are playing D.

dirk digler 12-15-2012 10:04 PM

Celtics get their ass beat again... Right now if they are lucky to make the playoffs they are 1 series and done.

mcaj22 12-15-2012 10:08 PM

you know it's bad when Gary Neal and Tiago Splitter have their way

SAUTO 12-15-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211550)
I guess you can hope for a total implosion, but is bet they'd ask for more than Love. I don't see the Lakers trading Kobe unless he REALLY gets in to it with management, and I don't see Kobe playing on Minnesota regardless.

Actually, if Houston can't deal Lin trading Harden for Love wouldn't be a bad trade for either team.

Houston is going to trade lin?
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack 12-15-2012 10:49 PM

I love me some Kyrie Irving.

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9211653)
Houston is going to trade lin?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think they can because they overpaid him, but they should. Harden is the primary ball handler because he's better at it, and Lin can't play off the ball. They should probably bring him off the bench if they keep both.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211545)

Is there a more frustrating player in the league than Josh Smith? Maybe Cousins. (of course, I have them both on my fantasy team - wtf was I thinking). Smoove has talent to burn, but offensively you just have no idea what he's going to give you night to night. And defensively, he's been around too long to have the lapses that he has every game.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211554)
I love league pass. I need to call Direct TV and get this shit on the cheap.

Expand on this thought please?

KevB 12-15-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9211544)

Kobe would retire before he'd start over in Minny. He's a Laker for life.

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211705)
Is there a more frustrating player in the league than Josh Smith? Maybe Cousins. (of course, I have them both on my fantasy team - wtf was I thinking). Smoove has talent to burn, but offensively you just have no idea what he's going to give you night to night. And defensively, he's been around too long to have the lapses that he has every game.

Those are probably the 2. Smart was so pissed at Cousins last night he benched him in the 4th quarter. They played better with him out. Talent wise he could be one of the best players in the league though.

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211707)
Expand on this thought please?

Well they have always come down on Sunday Ticket. They gave it to me for free this year because I told them I was going to leave for Dish unless they matched the offer they gave to new customers and customers relocating. They didn't extend my contract when I did that either but asking for League pass too might be pushing my luck :)

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211708)
Kobe would retire before he'd start over in Minny. He's a Laker for life.

I agree.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211723)
Those are probably the 2. Smart was so pissed at Cousins last night he benched him in the 4th quarter. They played better with him out. Talent wise he could be one of the best players in the league though.

And Smoove got benched 4 minutes into the third quarter tonight, all the rest of the starters stayed in at that point.

In Cousins defense, that roster and organization is completely dysfunctional. He's a nut, but if you put him in a good situation, he'd be ok.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211730)
Well they have always come down on Sunday Ticket. They gave it to me for free this year because I told them I was going to leave for Dish unless they matched the offer they gave to new customers and customers relocating. They didn't extend my contract when I did that either but asking for League pass too might be pushing my luck :)

I've been thinking about moving to Directv, didn't know they'd negotiate on League Pass. That may be enough to push me over.

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211735)
I've been thinking about moving to Directv, didn't know they'd negotiate on League Pass. That may be enough to push me over.

They are very good about it. I've never paid close to full price on Sunday Ticket. Never really worried about League Pass because I get all of the Thunder games, but I'be really enjoyed their free trial weeks the last few years.

okcchief 12-15-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211734)
And Smoove got benched 4 minutes into the third quarter tonight, all the rest of the starters stayed in at that point.

In Cousins defense, that roster and organization is completely dysfunctional. He's a nut, but if you put him in a good situation, he'd be ok.

If he was on a veteran roster he would have a chance. Still think he's a bit of a gamble, but I'd be willing to take it.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9211745)
If he was on a veteran roster he would have a chance. Still think he's a bit of a gamble, but I'd be willing to take it.

I look back to his year at Kentucky, Cal didn't put up with his crap and benched him when he misbehaved. Not sure that works as well now that he's getting paid, but again, he has no chance in that org.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 11:38 AM

to expand on SNR's trade talks how about one that makes sense for both teams?

wade for love

dirk digler 12-18-2012 07:24 PM

Love is dominating the Heat all by himself

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9222539)
Love is dominating the Heat all by himself

The Heat are also going pretty easy on us for now. So far it's just been a bunch of iso plays with DWade.

dirk digler 12-18-2012 07:38 PM

fun game and nice shot by Chalmers to put Heat up 3.

dirk digler 12-18-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222557)
The Heat are also going pretty easy on us for now. So far it's just been a bunch of iso plays with DWade.

they were doing good until half way through the 2nd quarter.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9222586)
they were doing good until half way through the 2nd quarter.

Be sure to pick up a copy of the team's yearbook this May. It's called "It was going so well!": The Story of the 2012-2013 Minnesota Timberwolves

dirk digler 12-18-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222590)
Be sure to pick up a copy of the team's yearbook this May. It's called "It was going so well!": The Story of the 2012-2013 Minnesota Timberwolves

Sorry I already have my 2012-2013 Celtics DVD reserved titled "Last of the Mohicans".

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 07:55 PM

The last 10 seconds of the 1st half were Awesome.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:55 PM

How the **** does a team wind up down 3 points at halftime when you're outrebounding a team ****ing 28-11?

Answer: You also commit 12 turnovers to just their 4.

****. Adelman, I thought you were the sound basketball man. Come on.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9222626)
The last 10 seconds of the 1st half were Awesome.

Take your Awesome and shove it right back up your ass, please. :#

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222629)
Take your Awesome and shove it right back up your ass, please. :#

I exude Awesomeness; I don't consume it. I shall waft some towards your direction. :harumph:

dirk digler 12-18-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222627)
How the **** does a team wind up down 3 points at halftime when you're outrebounding a team ****ing 28-11?

Answer: You also commit 12 turnovers to just their 4.

****. Adelman, I thought you were the sound basketball man. Come on.

Love has more rebounds than the whole Heat team.

BTW Ridneour is playing pretty good tonight

dirk digler 12-18-2012 08:00 PM

except for that shot...lol

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9222636)
Love has more rebounds than the whole Heat team.

BTW Ridneour is playing pretty good tonight

That's what's frustrating about Ridenour. He's always playing pretty well. Until he isn't. Then he plays terrible. Like, super stinky terrible.

dirk digler 12-18-2012 08:10 PM

Lebron is just too good

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:16 PM

I'm getting really ****ing sick of these Pau-to-Minnesota rumors.

I know the Wolves are interested. He just has no ****ing place on this team, though, if it means parting with Love, who is the superior player.

Pau would never want to come off the bench. And Pekovic is ****ing off limits. **** that.

okcchief 12-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222665)
I'm getting really ****ing sick of these Pau-to-Minnesota rumors.

I know the Wolves are interested. He just has no ****ing place on this team, though, if it means parting with Love, who is the superior player.

Pau would never want to come off the bench. And Pekovic is ****ing off limits. **** that.

That would be a terrible trade for the Wolves and a great trade for the Lakers. It will probably happen.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9222756)
That would be a terrible trade for the Wolves and a great trade for the Lakers. It will probably happen.

Then they can have Derrick Williams and some extra garbage. They're not getting Love. If they want him, they're gonna have to pay far out the ass. Pau is not even close to enough.