ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

keg in kc 08-15-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7827318)
Keg, it may be that Gus knows that Jesse is the more easily manipulated one, plus he has a lot of experience with Walt's recipe. If Gus is looking to pick one of the two as a long term cook, Jesse may actually (I can't believe I am saying this) come with less drama.

I had the same thought.

Walt for whatever reason hasn't caught on to that. He was so worried about Gale, and it apparently doesn't register with him that his partner who just killed a man to protect him (them) also cooks the blue shit.

It's going to be interesting how they play with the dynamic between the two of them (if they do), Walt seeing himself as the irreplaceable genius, Jesse the junkie ****up, and now Gus spins that on its head.

Baby Lee 08-15-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7827303)
I thought is was pretty clear (duh) that Gus set up the entire thing. I don't remember what Mike's exact words, but "now the kid's a hero".

I seem to be the only one not completely convinced it was for Jesse's benefit, though. Or rather, not entirely for Jesse's benefit. It think it had something to do with Walt. That is to say, Jesse benefits, clearly, but what Gus' end game seemed to be about was Walt's reaction. He isolated him in the lab, refused to speak to him, and with the "attempted hijack" began to perhaps change the dynamic of the pair when Jesse returns (the whole "I've got two jobs now" thing).

I'm not sure where it's leading, maybe it's to set up (again) Jesse against Walt in some way.

And maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Though it may come down that way, I don't think that's the immediate motivation. The storyline is pretty clear. Mike sees Jesse in a fugue state, tells Gus something needs to be done as Jesse's an imminent liability, and Gus sets up the 'let Jesse be a hero for the organization' scheme.
Gus may realize that this could ALSO pay off as a way to deal with future Walt drama, but Jesse drama was the immediate issue.

NewChief 08-15-2011 08:19 PM

"Hey. Tell that douchebag brother-in-law of yours to head toward the light." ROFL

This show cracks me up sometimes.

NewChief 08-15-2011 08:46 PM

Gus is like freaking Littlefinger. Wow. Just a badass power play on his part in Se3ep8 "I See You."

Demonpenz 08-16-2011 10:48 AM

Gustavo is Obama, but smart!

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 10:49 AM

the 18 piece meal at los pollos hermanos is very reasonable

Demonpenz 08-16-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 7828866)
the 18 piece meal at los pollos hermanos is very reasonable

that places looks good as hell, they have dipping sticks as well

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7828873)
that places looks good as hell, they have dipping sticks as well

that manager lady would probably treat you real nice if you kinda winked at her at the end of your order

Demonpenz 08-16-2011 10:55 AM

that fat lady could be alot of fun that runs the register. nothing like alittle chicken smell when you unlock a fat chicks bra to really make a Tuesday

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7828898)
that fat lady could be alot of fun that runs the register. nothing like alittle chicken smell when you unlock a fat chicks bra to really make a Tuesday

after some lovin you could dip into the free sides that she brings home. win win all around. jesus this show has brilliant writing

Demonpenz 08-16-2011 11:04 AM

breaking bad doesn't really have hot girls on it. That one tart was on there for awhile until she choked on chewed hot pocket

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 11:15 AM

there was that chick working at that gas station who jesse gave the meth too.

L.A. Chieffan 08-16-2011 11:17 AM

wendy would do in a pinch

Brock 08-16-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7827303)
I thought is was pretty clear (duh) that Gus set up the entire thing. I don't remember what Mike's exact words, but "now the kid's a hero".

I seem to be the only one not completely convinced it was for Jesse's benefit, though. Or rather, not entirely for Jesse's benefit. It think it had something to do with Walt. That is to say, Jesse benefits, clearly, but what Gus' end game seemed to be about was Walt's reaction. He isolated him in the lab, refused to speak to him, and with the "attempted hijack" began to perhaps change the dynamic of the pair when Jesse returns (the whole "I've got two jobs now" thing).

I'm not sure where it's leading, maybe it's to set up (again) Jesse against Walt in some way.

And maybe I'm just overthinking it.

You're not overthinking it. He just drove a wedge between Walt and Jesse AND gave Jesse another job to occupy his free time with.

rocknrolla 08-16-2011 11:30 AM

How close is Hank going to get to Gus after finding the pollos hermanos stuff in the case file. Or will he make any connection at all?