ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Events in your life since last Chiefs playoff win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250746)

ISUJeff 10-03-2012 07:13 AM

Lost the big V card

(i was 13 in 93)

lcarus 10-03-2012 07:26 AM

Lets see...I was 10 when they did it. Now almost 30...

Ming the Merciless 10-03-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISUJeff (Post 8972584)
Lost the big V card

(i was 13 in 93)

:thumb:

Wumbology 10-03-2012 08:21 AM

Made the transition from diapers to the big boy potty.

HemiEd 10-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7953070)
I lived in Wichita then, and my youngest daughter was a HS gymnast at North, and doing very well. Balance Beam was her best event.

Now, her oldest son, my eldest grandson, is a senior in ****ING HS!
Dammit Carl!

My eldest daughter, was a freshman at WSU. Now she has had her PHD for several years, and is a senior scientist at a major pharmaceutical company.
Dammit Carl!

I know this is not the exact subject of the OP, but my Grandson is now the same age I was when the Chiefs went to SBI, and he is but two years younger than I was when they won it.

Update, my grandson has now graduated HS, and is the same age I was when the Chiefs were last in the SB.

BlackHelicopters 10-03-2012 08:36 AM

Arrested. Convicted. Released. Probation completed. Tumor removed from head. Need a playoff win in a bad way.

Sofa King 10-03-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 8972778)
Arrested. Convicted. Released. Probation completed. Tumor removed from head. Need a playoff win in a bad way.

Fun times.

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 08:46 AM

Since the last playoff win for the chiefs January 14, 1994

I got married in 1995 for the second time I was 29 years old (I am now 46)
and 07/15/96 We had a beautiful daughter together (she is now 16 years old)

htismaqe 10-03-2012 09:50 AM

Graduated from college. Married. Divorced. Married again. 2 kids.

The only thing I haven't done yet is died.

memyselfI 10-03-2012 11:06 AM

Well my then two year old is now in his third year of college. The baby I had in 1996 is now almost 17 and a jr. in high school. I've been through 4 cars. Moved twice. Had four or five different jobs. Turned forty now nearing 50.

Wow, that is depressing. What is even worse is if you apply the same question to the KC Royals.

Iowanian 12-27-2012 03:46 PM

It's been so long since the Chiefs won a playoff game, the Mayan's ended the world and rebooted the odometer on their calendar.

That's right....the Mayan Calendar ran out of time before the Chiefs won another playoff game.

Mosbonian 12-27-2012 04:27 PM

I'm guessing most of the guys on here who are now considered "chrome domes" actually still had their original hair the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.

And for some, what was there was cut in a mullet.

The Bad Guy 12-27-2012 04:31 PM

Graduated Middle School, High School, College, Got my Masters, switched professions twice, met my wife, got engaged, married moved to Philly, moved back to my hometown, moved to Virginia, moved back to my hometown, had a kid, built a house.

Mosbonian 12-27-2012 05:10 PM

To get specific....

My son was born just before the last playoff win....since then I:

had a daughter
moved from KC to Greenwood, SC to Lexington SC, to Mooresville, NC to Columbia MO, to Georgetown KY to Indianapolis IN.
Left one of the best jobs I ever had to take a job that lasted 2 1/2 years before the company folded (got out before it folded), got another job that lasted 1 year before the company was sold and then folded into the parent, then got another job that lasted for 18 months before the company was sold to it's competitor, then got another job to help with a turnaround on a textile company that lasted 2 1/2 years before it folded (got out before it folded) then got a job with a small appliance manufacturer that lasted 3 1/2 years before it was sold to an investment firm that merged it with another of the competitors (got out before that happened), got a job with a uniform company that lasted 4 1/2 years before being "down-sized" , and then got my present job....which I hope lasts till I can retire (or the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, whichever comes first)

My son graduated from HS 2 years ago....and my daughter is a junior.

I actually needed the following the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game:

A comb
A land line
A 2400 baud modem

Edit: since my the last playoff win I have lost my Father-in-Law, my Mother, my Father, and 2 of my best friends in my Industry

kc rush 12-27-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 7955271)
In no particular order:

Graduated college
Got married
Had 2 kids
Had 3 dogs and 2 cats - 1 dog is alive
Lost 2 grandparents, my brother, one of my best friends
Lived in 8 different apartments or houses in 4 different states
Had 8 cars between my wife and me
Had 7 different jobs, the longest for 8 years the shortest for 6 months
Had season tickets/gave them up
Got fat
Drank a lot

Updated: One more job after having the last one for 3-1/2 years. Back in KC and back in my house after being away. Still fat though.