ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd McShay Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267603)

RealSNR 12-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9202588)
Packers traded us Aaron Rodgers for our second in this mock draft. About the only excpetable reason for taking Star in the first.

I SAID NO TEDFORD QBS, GOD DAMN IT

Deberg_1990 12-12-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9202533)
This just makes the GM/HC hire that much more important.

We have to make sure we get somebody that values, maybe even overvalues, the QB.

*cough*Bill Polian*cough*

Coogs 12-12-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9202588)
Packers traded us Aaron Rodgers for our second in this mock draft. About the only excpetable reason for taking Star in the first.

My guess is they are going to try and pin us with Alex Smith for our 2nd round pick.

Now considering Alex Smith could have been had for nothing last Spring when he was a FA(or whatever he was), and Manning was flirting with the 69ers... :shake:

Sorter 12-12-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9202660)
My guess is they are going to try and pin us with Alex Smith for our 2nd round pick.

Now considering Alex Smith could have been had for nothing last Spring when he was a FA(or whatever he was), and Manning was flirting with the 69ers... :shake:

Chad Henne would have been an adequate backup. That guy Orton could have been a good stop-gap too.

Coogs 12-12-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9202663)
Chad Henne would have been an adequate backup. That guy Orton could have been a good stop-gap too.

That's not the point I am making (or trying to make). If we trade for Alex Smith this year... that is just stupid. How can he be worth a draft pick this year, when he was benched... and not be worth bringing in last season to compete with Cassel when he was a free agent, and providing competition for Cassel was high on Pioli's priority list?

If that is the way we roll... :banghead:

Chiefs Pantalones 12-12-2012 01:22 PM

You know, we all joke around and stuff. But do people realize that the chances that we DON'T draft a QB with our first round pick are kind of up there? Depending on who is our GM, yes, but even with a new GM I could see us passing on selecting a QB with our pick, whether it's #1 overall or not.

htismaqe 12-12-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9202679)
You know, we all joke around and stuff. But do people realize that the chances that we DON'T draft a QB with our first round pick are kind of up there? Depending on who is our GM, yes, but even with a new GM I could us passing on selecting a QB with our pick, whether it's #1 overall or not.

If we have the #1 pick, we're gonna take a QB. To NOT take a QB would be like the 3rd time in the last 15 years that a team took something other than a QB with the #1 pick.

BigMeatballDave 12-12-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9202679)
You know, we all joke around and stuff. But do people realize that the chances that we DON'T draft a QB with our first round pick are kind of up there? Depending on who is our GM, yes, but even with a new GM I could us passing on selecting a QB with our pick, whether it's #1 overall or not.

Whoever the GM is, he better try like hell to trade down if they do not want to take a QB #1.

Taking a DT or ILB #1 would piss me off to no end.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-12-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9202696)
If we have the #1 pick, we're gonna take a QB. To NOT take a QB would be like the 3rd time in the last 15 years that a team took something other than a QB with the #1 pick.

That's up to the Chiefs and their personnel people. What if they agree with the scouts, etc.? What if they think a QB this year being picked #1 is crazy?

Even at #2 or #3 and they don't pick one, what happens?

the Talking Can 12-12-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9202706)
That's up to the Chiefs and their personnel people. What if they agree with the scouts, etc.? What if they think a QB this year being picked #1 is crazy?

another wasted decade

it really is that simple

Chiefs Pantalones 12-12-2012 01:32 PM

I'm not saying I think that drafting a QB high in the draft is stupid, I agree with drafting one. It should have been done decades ago. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. As Chiefs fans we all know that what is obvious doesn't always go hand in hand with our team.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-12-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9202713)
another wasted decade

it really is that simple

Pretty much.

Pray.

Hoover 12-12-2012 01:36 PM

Does anyone remember those draft commercials that showed the Texans without an offensive line or something like that. We need one without a QB...

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Geno. People were down on McNabb too, and I'd love to draft a player like that.

-King- 12-12-2012 01:38 PM

That's a brutal top 5 LMAO

htismaqe 12-12-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9202706)

Doesn't matter to me. I won't be a fan anymore.