ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319394)

Sassy Squatch 12-07-2018 05:42 PM

A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career

Most of this is stuff that's been beaten to death, but there's some pretty incriminating shit about the police and the hotel.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...old-night-town

THE ONLY PERSON Cleveland Police would decide to arrest or detain that night was Derek Szeto, a Boston-area man who was staying at the hotel while in town for a business conference. Szeto, 29, told Outside the Lines he was returning to the hotel by an Uber around 3 a.m. when Ottinger ran up to him outside the hotel "crying hysterically." She told him a front desk clerk would not let her call 911 to report that she had been assaulted. Szeto offered his phone and agreed to sit with Ottinger until police arrived.

"That's how I got involved, specifically because the hotel would not let her use the phone," Szeto told Outside the Lines. "I could see she had cuts on her. She told me the guy at the front desk told her, 'That's what you get for being a slut,' which I just found outrageous."

In an incident report he filed with The 9's security office on Feb. 10, Szeto addressed his interaction with the hotel's loss prevention officer, Tyler Krajcik.

"Tyler, the security guard on staff, seemed callous and insensitive at first. I felt like we were being blamed for the situation," Szeto wrote in the report. "However, he returned five minutes later and said, 'I just looked at the security footage and, wow, are you OK?' to Abby."

Szeto said he started to have concerns the hotel wasn't on Ottinger's side and began shooting video on his phone as he waited for police. "The hotel was acting weird, and I wanted video evidence of this for my safety," he said. When police arrive, he tells them he's taping, and they indicate they are fine with it.

But Krajcik is later seen in footage asking officers to confiscate Szeto's phone and delete images he had captured. An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car. He was cited for disorderly conduct intoxication, although Szeto says he was not drunk and did nothing but stand up for Ottinger. He wanted to fight the citation but decided against a trip back to Ohio and just paid it. Police took his phone briefly, but Szeto says they did not delete the video.

"The way that the hotel handled this, and the way that the police indulged them, is really distressing and frustrating," Szeto told Outside the Lines. "I do feel the hotel specifically, and the police, should be called out for their actions."

O.city 12-07-2018 05:44 PM

This shit is weird

FloridaMan88 12-07-2018 05:46 PM

The bystander, Derek Szeto who got arrested for recording with this cell phone should sue the Cleveland Police Department.

Seems like a bullshit situation.

chinaski 12-07-2018 06:20 PM

Just loosely reading most of these articles, here is what I think happened...

Kareem and his friend(s) were at a bar and they met the inebriated girl. They ended up coming back to Kareem's pad, and they find out the girl is underage. Most likely prior to them finding out that she is underage, the girl was shooting video on her phone. "Hey look! Hanging out with an NFL star etc.."

Once they find out the girl is underage, they take her phone...Most likely to eliminate evidence that they are with an underage girl. Once they do that, she flips her shit and the physical altercation occurs.

Can't blame a young man for hormones, but it certainly shows his maturity level isn't fully developed. That said, I did a lot of stupid shit in my youth, but I never physically went after a girl in anger.

Sad situation all around...

Buehler445 12-07-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13941907)
This shit is weird

Beyond weird. I get that he was a local hero and all that but I still have trouble believing it all

Discuss Thrower 12-07-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13941903)
An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car

Surprise surprise.

:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch 12-07-2018 06:54 PM

Who says he's done here?

Prediction: he's in a Chief uniform next year Werk 1.

ModSocks 12-07-2018 06:56 PM

You know when you break up with a chick and you wanna move on but everyone wants to keep talking about her? Yeah, we're in that stage.

Bump 12-07-2018 06:58 PM

I find it kind of hard to believe that the hotel clerk said "that's what you get for being a slut"

It seems like he has more to lose for saying that than to gain. Like his job. Is that what she said or did the clerk admit to it?

srvy 12-07-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13942049)
Who says he's done here?

Prediction: he's in a Chief uniform next year Werk 1.

CHunt said he hoped his career would not end and he plays again after getting needed help. Then he went on to say he will never play for the Chiefs again.

So I think thats pretty final.

Prison Bitch 12-07-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13942066)
CHunt said he hoped his career would not end and he plays again after getting needed help. Then he went on to say he will never play for the Chiefs again.

So I think thats pretty final.

That's a fair point. If Andy wants it I bet Clarkie will cave

Rain Man 12-07-2018 07:11 PM

We at least get some pretty certain confirmation that she knew the Kareem was an NFL player and knew what to say about him to the police for maximum impact, and we know that she was ejected from the party and got "dramatic" about it. That says a lot.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-07-2018 07:26 PM

If he gets help and improves, and no other team will give him a chance, then Andy and Clark better do it themselves. Just my opinion.

stevieray 12-07-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13942099)
If he gets help and improves, and no other team will give him a chance, then Andy and Clark better do it themselves. Just my opinion.

:clap:

I totally agree and honestly...hope it happens.

Red Dawg 12-07-2018 07:30 PM

He lied to them over and over again. He's done in KC.
Posted via Mobile Device