ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325118)

UK_Chief 09-22-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14468684)
Exactly

Sarcasm radar on the fritz?

RealSNR 09-22-2019 02:36 PM

I'm keeping my mouth shut. Ya'll have fun arguing about Frank Clark. Anything I say about Clark makes me look like an idiot at this point, so whatever.

TLO 09-22-2019 02:37 PM

That sack was hilarious.

HemiEd 09-22-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14470233)
That sack was hilarious.

Yes it was LMAO

dlphg9 09-22-2019 02:41 PM

Good ****ing God. He lucked into a sack, so that makes up for his complete shit game? I'm not sure why people keep saying "he gets double teamed every play!!!", because I made sure to specifically watch him every chance I could and saw one time where he was engaged with the olineman and was chopped by another. That was the only double team I saw. What I did see a lot of was him getting dominated by the OT and some shit effort. He didn't do shit against the run either. Ogbah and Kpass were both much more productive than him. He got paid $100 million and so far he can't even outplay the back ups.

If we ****ing don't sign Jones because we wasted money and draft picks on Clark, then Veach needs fired. I'm glad we didn't sign Dee Ford, but should have let him play on the franchise tag or better yet, we should have kept Justin Houston. This D would have been so much better with Houston or Ford and a 1st round CB. I can't believe that so many of you are just giving him a pass when he has had 3 average to below average games. He's making $21 million this year. He's being paid like one of the best defenders in the league and he's being outplayed by every single player on the dline. As Eric Winston would say, it's thickening.

Skyy God 09-22-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14469513)
In what way is Clark better than Dee Ford so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14469619)
He did something!!! He made a play!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14469668)
It's still a shitty game by him that one play withstanding

You’re a right miserable ****, mate.

-King- 09-22-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14470264)

So did you think he had a good game?

dlphg9 09-22-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14470115)
INT and a sack in 2/3 games. Not an impact :LOL:

Oh yeah he made such a spectacular play on that int :rolleyes:.

Skyy God 09-22-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14470271)
So did you think he had a good game?

No.

Doesn’t detract from your ****yness.

-King- 09-22-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14470115)
INT and a sack in 2/3 games. Not an impact :LOL:

Did you even see that INT?

I swear I've never seen such low expectations for a top paid player ever.

-King- 09-22-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14470279)
No.

Doesn’t detract from your ****yness.

So I'm a **** for saying something you agree with?

UK_Chief 09-22-2019 02:46 PM

Dee Ford used to run backwards and cost us a trip to the superbowl and still people would prefer him to this guy. Says a lot

Chieftain 09-22-2019 02:46 PM

Clark has been a big dissapointment thus far. He was practically useless today. Like he was coasting on every single play.

tyreekthefreak 09-22-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14470262)
Good ****ing God. He lucked into a sack, so that makes up for his complete shit game? I'm not sure why people keep saying "he gets double teamed every play!!!", because I made sure to specifically watch him every chance I could and saw one time where he was engaged with the olineman and was chopped by another. That was the only double team I saw. What I did see a lot of was him getting dominated by the OT and some shit effort. He didn't do shit against the run either. Ogbah and Kpass were both much more productive than him. He got paid $100 million and so far he can't even outplay the back ups.

If we ****ing don't sign Jones because we wasted money and draft picks on Clark, then Veach needs fired. I'm glad we didn't sign Dee Ford, but should have let him play on the franchise tag or better yet, we should have kept Justin Houston. This D would have been so much better with Houston or Ford and a 1st round CB. I can't believe that so many of you are just giving him a pass when he has had 3 average to below average games. He's making $21 million this year. He's being paid like one of the best defenders in the league and he's being outplayed by every single player on the dline. As Eric Winston would say, it's thickening.

Agree 100% Million bucks a game and does very little, very ****ing little! What the hell happened? I thought he could play...

ThaVirus 09-22-2019 02:50 PM

I'm going to wait and see on Clark. He's underwhelmed thus far (as has Matthieu, by the way), but I've watched him a bit and, I mean, it's not like he's not trying. He's getting chipped and doubled from time to time; we've played a couple teams who were clearly trying to get the ball out quickly to negate the pass rush, and now we've played a team with a RBQB in which an end's priority will be containment over pass rush. He's holding his own against the run at the point of attack (didn't pay much attention to him today, admittedly) and getting his hands up to disrupt throwing lanes- but he's not getting home on the pass rush.

I guess we'll know more as the season continues but early returns haven't been promising.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14470264)

He's miserable because he says Clark sucks? I know there are a lot of you holding onto some tiny sliver of hope that we didn't blow a 1st rounder and $100 million on a dude that "almost made a really good play" and "gets double teamed every play", but that doesn't mean King is miserable for pointing out how shitty the highest paid player on the team is playing.

A bunch of you get so offended by any criticism of Clark that now you crawl inside your shell and have devolved into parrots that shriek the same boring shit "he gets double teamed!" or "just wait he gets sacks in bunches!". Quit being such homers.

Easy 6 09-22-2019 02:55 PM

3 tackles

2 solo

1 for a loss, with a beastly looking sack thrown in for good measure in a winning effort

Everyone please take a deep breath with me, and say... gooozfrahbah

T-post Tom 09-22-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 14470293)
Dee Ford used to run backwards and cost us a trip to the superbowl and still people would prefer him to this guy. Says a lot

Spot on. And his injuries continue.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14470340)
I'm going to wait and see on Clark. He's underwhelmed thus far (as has Matthieu, by the way), but I've watched him a bit and, I mean, it's not like he's not trying. He's getting chipped and doubled from time to time; we've played a couple teams who were clearly trying to get the ball out quickly to negate the pass rush, and now we've played a team with a RBQB in which an end's priority will be containment over pass rush. He's holding his own against the run at the point of attack (didn't pay much attention to him today, admittedly) and getting his hands up to disrupt throwing lanes- but he's not getting home on the pass rush.

I guess we'll know more as the season continues but early returns haven't been promising.

He got doubled 1 time today. None of the other guys seem to be effected by the reasons why Clark sucks. At times he really does look like he's not trying tbh.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14470390)
3 tackles

2 solo

1 for a loss, with a beastly looking sack thrown in for good measure in a winning effort

Everyone please take a deep breath with me, and say... gooozfrahbah

A beastly looking sack? Lol him not being able to tackle the QB is now beastly?

-King- 09-22-2019 03:00 PM

You know a player is playing bad when Rain Man is in the game thread saying he should be taken out of the game for shitty effort.

ThaVirus 09-22-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14470397)
He got doubled 1 time today. None of the other guys seem to be effected by the reasons why Clark sucks. At times he really does look like he's not trying tbh.

Eh, I admitted that I didn't watch him much today, but I'll give him a pass regardless. Playing against Lamar Jackson you want to keep him in the pocket. Force him to be an NFL QB. The DL did a great job of keeping him corralled and still applying a bit of pressure to make him uncomfortable.

I will say, based on the eye test, he just looks like another one of our DEs. He's not separating himself from Okafor, Ogbah or Kpassagnon, which is slightly concerning.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 14470293)

If all things were even, like they were both paid the same and neither of them cost us a first rounder and second rounder, then yeah I'd take Clark. But as we all know one of those guys make $21 million a year and cost a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and the other would have been making like $15 million and we'd still have those draft picks.

RealSNR 09-22-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14470397)

That's my thing. I got screamed at and accused of just looking at sack numbers. "Look at the games, not the stats!" Believe me, I watched the Jacksonville game. I watched this game. There are too many plays where he's just inept. I don't know if that's effort or what. That's just what my eyes tell me. At the very least, for what we paid, those should be what Seth Keyser calls "wash" plays where he stalemates his blockers.

BUT... I'm still going to give him time. It's frustrating that I have to give time to a guy we paid this much and gave this much up for, but it is what it is.

He sure as **** doesn't look like the Frank Clark that destroyed our OL on Sunday night last year, that's for sure.

Easy 6 09-22-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14470403)
A beastly looking sack? Lol him not being able to tackle the QB is now beastly?

He could’ve smashed Jackson to the ground like a ****ing grizzly bear riding his back, but laid off to avoid a penalty... smarten up!

Aspengc8 09-22-2019 03:21 PM

the entire dline played fine today. gotta rush in control and collapse while staying in your lane vs a running talent like lamar. ends cant cross the tackles face unless there is someone in the outside lane already. aside from two hail mary ducks, they did a pretty good job containing lamar. gotta see the film on some of the big ingram runs up the middle to see the entire picture.

tmax63 09-22-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14470498)
He could’ve smashed Jackson to the ground like a ****ing grizzly bear riding his back, but laid off to avoid a penalty... smarten up!

This. Good job of not getting a roughing penalty and not letting LJ throw the ball. You see it every week where the defense has the QB in the grasp but the officials let the QB get rid of the ball and a completion happens. And if you take the QB down you get flagged.

keg in kc 09-22-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14470482)
He sure as **** doesn't look like the Frank Clark that destroyed our OL on Sunday night last year, that's for sure.

I'm starting to wonder if he has some kind of undisclosed but non-major injury in his upper body. Something just doesn't feel quite right, watching him move.

But I also think he's doing his job. You can't really judge him against what Ford did when Dee's sole responsibility was rushing the passer. That's literally all he could do. He couldn't hold up against the run and he couldn't cover anybody. He literally did one thing. He was a rushbacker. Whereas Clark's holding the edge well, the linebackers are generally getting cleaner gaps, they kept Jackson largely contained in the running game today, and he started showing some pressure in the pass rush.

RealSNR 09-22-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14470676)
I'm starting to wonder if he has some kind of undisclosed but non-major injury in his upper body. Something just doesn't feel quite right, watching him move.

But I also think he's doing his job. You can't really judge him against what Ford did when Dee's sole responsibility was rushing the passer. That's literally all he could do. He couldn't hold up against the run and he couldn't cover anybody. He literally did one thing. He was a rushbacker. Whereas Clark's holding the edge well, the linebackers are generally getting cleaner gaps, they kept Jackson largely contained in the running game today, and he started showing some pressure in the pass rush.

I could see that. What was his injury this preseason again? His wrist or something like that?

Megatron96 09-22-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14470498)

This. When he was on Lamar's back and Jackson started to run, I was screaming at the TV, "DON'T PICK HIM UP AND THROW HIM TO THE GROUND!"

keg in kc 09-22-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14470682)
I could see that. What was his injury this preseason again? His wrist or something like that?

Yeah, wrist I think.

smithandrew051 09-22-2019 03:58 PM

Two teams went with the short passes all day. One team has the most athletic QB in the game.

Playing Stafford should be a better match up for Clark.

jjchieffan 09-22-2019 04:00 PM

This place is full of whiny bitches. We won today. We're 3-0, but some of you would rather bitch about Clark than enjoy the ride. Idk wtf is wrong with some of you. Get over it. He's a Chief, like it or not. Be glad that Ogbah is stepping up on a cheap contract to offset it.

RealSNR 09-22-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14470706)
This place is full of whiny bitches. We won today. We're 3-0, but some of you would rather bitch about Clark than enjoy the ride. Idk wtf is wrong with some of you. Get over it. He's a Chief, like it or not. Be glad that Ogbah is stepping up on a cheap contract to offset it.

Who's more of a whiney bitch? The whiney bitch or the whiney bitch who whines about the whiney bitch?

Megatron96 09-22-2019 04:03 PM

Hope everyone is just as vehement in their praise when he gets his 10+ sacks, shows up big in a playoff game, etc.

Which reminds me. I have to check the McCoy thread and see if anyone's still calling him 'washed up.'

keg in kc 09-22-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14470711)
Who's more of a whiney bitch? The whiney bitch or the whiney bitch who whines about the whiney bitch?

Hello there!

Pablo 09-22-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Whichever one thinks the earth is 600 years old.

Easy 6 09-22-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14470683)
This. When he was on Lamar's back and Jackson started to run, I was screaming at the TV, "DON'T PICK HIM UP AND THROW HIM TO THE GROUND!"

The ref was standing right there in his face like 3 feet away tops, it was savvy to not go for the highlight slam no doubt

Rain Man 09-22-2019 04:13 PM

I expect to see effort, and I saw two critical plays where Frank completely sandbagged the play. On one, he got knocked to the ground and never even tried to get up even though the quarterback was dancing around a couple of feet away. It was inexcusable.

RunKC 09-22-2019 04:14 PM

Doubled and still almost gets the sack, but a receiver playing QB gets away just like he would any other DE.

But hey Clark didn’t do anything today except the lone sack

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lamar Jackson is electrifying. Confirmed. <a href="https://t.co/5RzMaon0do">pic.twitter.com/5RzMaon0do</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1175823361978589184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JakeF 09-22-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14470695)
Two teams went with the short passes all day. One team has the most athletic QB in the game.

Playing Stafford should be a better match up for Clark.

What about Clark against Carr then?

Easy 6 09-22-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14470736)
Doubled and still almost gets the sack, but a receiver playing QB gets away just like he would any other DE.

But hey Clark didn’t do anything today except the lone sack

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lamar Jackson is electrifying. Confirmed. <a href="https://t.co/5RzMaon0do">pic.twitter.com/5RzMaon0do</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1175823361978589184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Knocked flat on his ass, still there to make the play coming back to him

I didn’t catch that in game, and my money says everyone dogging him misses those same kind of no glamor plays that affect everything else

Chiefshrink 09-22-2019 05:04 PM

Our tackling is still atrocious especially in the run defense.

DaFace 09-22-2019 05:32 PM

Kind of hilarious to read this thread, then check out Ravens forums to see all the people who think Clark wrecked their OL all game.

jjchieffan 09-22-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

We'll, let's just compare the post counts on the subject. Me with 2, the Clark haters with more than I want to count. I do believe that makes the Clark haters the who ier bitches.

limested 09-22-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14470940)
Kind of hilarious to read this thread, then check out Ravens forums to see all the people who think Clark wrecked their OL all game.

I would lean more towards their opinions on Clark. The mouth breathers here think he is a bust because he doesn’t have 10 sacks already.

wazu 09-22-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Please link. I didn't feel that way, but maybe I missed something.

kcclone 09-22-2019 05:52 PM

Clark spied on Jackson quite a bit.

I thought overall they pressured him as well as they could have. This dude has been tearing up the NFL.

It’s not shocking they made closer than it should have been.

58-4ever 09-22-2019 05:52 PM

I hate these kinds of threads... Pass rushers go through streaks, and Frank Clark does a lot more than just generate sacks. He plays the run, and he frees up linebackers...

ThaVirus 09-22-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

LOL Thought the same when I was on Reddit earlier. Wasn't the Ravens subreddit, just /r/NFL, but they were talking about how our defense was applying pressure to Jackson all game. Some dude commented how Clark was a great pickup for us and it had over 50 upvotes.

bsp4444 09-22-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limested (Post 14470992)
I would lean more towards their opinions on Clark. The mouth breathers here think he is a bust because he doesn’t have 10 sacks already.

No, he literally looked like a pussy trying to tackle Ingram. Sacks or not, he doesn’t seem to show out like Houston did. Hell even Kpassingnon and Ogbah are looking better.

DaFace 09-22-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14470998)
Please link. I didn't feel that way, but maybe I missed something.

Here's a taste:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rting/f151np9/

Red Dawg 09-22-2019 05:56 PM

Clark is a leader and brings attitude. Worth every penny.

-King- 09-22-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14471005)
I hate these kinds of threads... Pass rushers go through streaks, and Frank Clark does a lot more than just generate sacks. He plays the run, and he frees up linebackers...

Is that worth 100million and a 1st and 2nd round draft pick?

If we're going to be shitty against the run anyway which we are, I'd rather have our 1st and 2nd round picks back and Dee Ford.

BossChief 09-22-2019 06:08 PM

He was getting pressure on Foles till Foles got hurt, then the defense “mush rushed” Minshew because he’s mobile and they wanted to keep him contained.

Clark was also tasked with contain on LJ and did a good job of not letting him get loose for big gains and not letting the running game get outside.

Sometimes the game plan can make it appear like a player isn’t being aggressive enough when they are doing their job.

petegz28 09-22-2019 06:10 PM

4-5 pass hurries today and 1.5 sacks? If that's correct why you mad?

petegz28 09-22-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14471063)
He was getting pressure on Foles till Foles got hurt, then the defense “mush rushed” Minshew because he’s mobile and they wanted to keep him contained.

Clark was also tasked with contain on LJ and did a good job of not letting him get loose for big gains and not letting the running game get outside.

Sometimes the game plan can make it appear like a player isn’t being aggressive enough when they are doing their job.

And how many plays is he opening up for others by drawing attention?

wazu 09-22-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14471026)

If we're going to be shitty against the run anyway which we are, I'd rather have our 1st and 2nd round picks back and Dee Ford.

How I'm leaning. I need Clark to be a Khalil Mack for what we gave up. So far haven't seen it.

Easy 6 09-22-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

I HATE WINNING :deevee:

Go to bed, junior

CoMoChief 09-22-2019 06:17 PM

It will come.

Ford is Lin Elliott to me. Will never forgive him for being offsides.

Valiant 09-22-2019 06:19 PM

I am holding out judgement til playoff performance.

RealSNR 09-22-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

If we're going to be shitty against the run anyway which we are, I'd rather have our 1st and 2nd round picks back and Justin Houston.

FYP.

We desperately needed to get the Dee Ford stench off this team. A message had to be sent.

JakeF 09-22-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14471025)
Clark is a leader and brings attitude. Worth every penny.

What attitude have you seen from our defense?

-King- 09-22-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14471085)
I HATE WINNING :deevee:

Go to bed, junior

I've literally said nothing like that. Just because we're winning doesn't mean we're not underperforming in some areas. I thought we learned that the last 7 years.

BossChief 09-22-2019 06:23 PM

Here’s today’s game plan:

Keep Jackson contained in the pocket and take away the tight end.

And it worked.

Aspengc8 09-22-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14471080)
How I'm leaning. I need Clark to be a Khalil Mack for what we gave up. So far haven't seen it.

Chubb and Von still have zero sacks this year. Mack has two sacks and a FF, Clark has 1.5 and a pick. All have around the same combined and solo tackles I believe. Stop making this shit out to be so black and white. The dline performed fine today given the task of keeping the most mobile-explosive QB in the NFL from taking a read option to the house because a dend wanted to scrape hard and got pinned.

Red Dawg 09-22-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14471111)
What attitude have you seen from our defense?

Seriously? You don't see a difference?

-King- 09-22-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14471108)
FYP.

We desperately needed to get the Dee Ford stench off this team. A message had to be sent.

Yeah I agree. I think after his major **** up they had to get rid of him. I was just using him as an example. Either him or Houston would work.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14470856)
Knocked flat on his ass, still there to make the play coming back to him

I didn’t catch that in game, and my money says everyone dogging him misses those same kind of no glamor plays that affect everything else

No I saw it, but he's getting paid $21 mil/year. I think the bar has to be set a little higher than him almost making a play. It's almost as bad as all the Alex Smith ballwashers and their alexcuses. It's like when people would blame the O-Line and say things like "Well if the line have him time to throw!", then Patrick Mahomes comes in with the same line and makes Fischer an all pro. Some of you are doing the same thing with Clark, "it's hot out", "it's a new scheme", "he's being double teamed", but that stuff doesn't seem to hinder anyone else on the D Line. Emmanuel Ogbah, Kpass, and Alex Okafor are all backups and they're all as productive or more productive than Clark. That's horrible considering the contracts of everyone on the D line and how much theyre making this year.

Ogbah - $2.1 million
Okafor - $6 million
Jones - $1.2 million
Nnadi - $1 million
KPass - $1.2 million
Saunders - $1 million
Total - $12.5 million this year

Frank "I Get Double Teamed" Clark - $21 million

So we're paying the $33.5 million this year on D Line and Clark accounts for 67% of that. It's not a good thing if your highest paid defensive lineman (highest paid player on the team) is the least productive player on that line. Hell he's probably the least productive starter on defense. Wards made a few decent plays compared to Clark's sack, a TFL, and an int. But I will give him credit for having the most "almost made plays".

-King- 09-22-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14471068)
And how many plays is he opening up for others by drawing attention?

Seeing as how we're on the bottom half of sacks in the league... You tell me.

-King- 09-22-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14471147)
No I saw it, but he's getting paid $21 mil/year. I think the bar has to be set a little higher than him almost making a play. It's almost as bad as all the Alex Smith ballwashers and their alexcuses. It's like when people would blame the O-Line and say things like "Well if the line have him time to throw!", then Patrick Mahomes comes in with the same line and makes Fischer an all pro. Some of you are doing the same thing with Clark, "it's hot out", "it's a new scheme", "he's being double teamed", but that stuff doesn't seem to hinder anyone else on the D Line. Emmanuel Ogbah, Kpass, and Alex Okafor are all backups and they're all as productive or more productive than Clark. That's horrible considering the contracts of everyone on the D line and how much theyre making this year.

Ogbah - $2.1 million
Okafor - $6 million
Jones - $1.2 million
Nnadi - $1 million
KPass - $1.2 million
Saunders - $1 million
Total - $12.5 million this year

Frank "I Get Double Teamed" Clark - $21 million

So we're paying the $33.5 million this year on D Line and Clark accounts for 67% of that. It's not a good thing if your highest paid defensive lineman (highest paid player on the team) is the least productive player on that line. Hell he's probably the least productive starter on defense. Wards made a few decent plays compared to Clark's sack, a TFL, and an int. But I will give him credit for having the most "almost made plays".

THIS! I don't get why people in this thread continue to act like expectations aren't a thing. If you're traded for a first AND second round pick and given the contract he was given, then sorry, expectations for you tend to be a lot higher than getting double teamed. If we got Jalen Ramsey for a 1st plus other picks them expectations for him would be higher than the other corners on the team. When we give Mahomes his megadeal, expectations for him will be to maintain his current level of play. If he goes down to Alex Smith levels of play, would people be saying "he takes real good care of the ball", "We're still winning so stop bitching!"?

I just don't get why people can't realize the investment that the chiefs gave for Clark and what the ROI should be.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14471176)
THIS! I don't get why people in this thread continue to act like expectations aren't a thing. If you're traded for a first AND second round pick and given the contract he was given, then sorry, expectations for you tend to be a lot higher than getting double teamed. If we got Jalen Ramsey for a 1st plus other picks them expectations for him would be higher than the other corners on the team. When we give Mahomes his megadeal, expectations for him will be to maintain his current level of play. If he goes down to Alex Smith levels of play, would people be saying "he takes real good care of the ball", "We're still winning so stop bitching!"?

I just don't get why people can't realize the investment that the chiefs gave for Clark and what the ROI should be.

Yeah, I don't get why I'm being a whiner for pointing out that we wasted alot of resources on Clark if he doesn't start playing better. All of our other d lineman are just as productive. Clark needs to be playing at a DPOY level for what we paid for him, but he's producing at the levels that you would expect from a back up player. Hell we could have just signed another guy off the streets and gotten a CB in the draft and could have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year. I honestly can't believe so many people don't understand this.

Warrick 09-22-2019 07:06 PM

Oh they can understand it dlp, but what you don't seem to understand is the Chiefs are only three games into the season... It's too early for this for this debate, just enjoy the wins for now until the defense gels.

staylor26 09-22-2019 07:08 PM

I couldn’t imagine getting this worked up over such a small sample size when we’re 3-0 and the defense already looks improved LMAO

JakeF 09-22-2019 07:09 PM

It's very early ... very, but Houston's numbers are better.

Hammock Parties 09-22-2019 07:11 PM

Clark has 2 sacks today on any QB not named Lamar Jackson - no one else in the league jukes out of sacks like this guy.

https://i.imgur.com/6CCtm4e.jpg

JakeF 09-22-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14471258)
I couldn’t imagine getting this worked up over such a small sample size when we’re 3-0 and the defense already looks improved LMAO

Are you sure they are worked up or are they just talking shit about football?

TambaBerry 09-22-2019 07:20 PM

Anyone who thinks he sucks is an idiot and I'll never listen to another football take from you morons.

dlphg9 09-22-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14471258)

Not worked up at all. You realize this is a Chiefs message board? I'm discussing a Chiefs player that I have not been satisfied with. It would seem like the people that are getting worked up are the ones that are getting offended by any criticism of FC. That's typical and expected on here.

There are some posters on here that are incapable of having an actual discussion, so they resort to name calling. The name calling is sometimes warranted, but if you're going to call someone an idiot, then provide some kind of evidence, like stats for example, to prove why that person is an idiot.

Another thing, I know it's early and I think/hope that Frank will start playing like the guy we traded for and signed to a huge contract, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized. No one is an idiot for pointing out that he has played pretty shitty. When people are defending him by saying he almost did something, using the weather or field condition as an excuse, or saying that he's double teamed alot, then that should be enough evidence to prove that he's not playing up to expectation.

One last thing, when he does start to play like he is expected to play, that doesn't mean anyone that is being critical of him now is an idiot. It seems this concept is hard for some people to grasp.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-22-2019 08:08 PM

His PFF grade is 56.0 in other words he sucks ass