ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs just red? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211983)

BossChief 08-15-2009 05:26 AM

just red?

Since no player has earned his arrowhead for his helmet, will the helmets be just red for tonights game?

Thats gonna be different...

LTL 08-15-2009 05:47 AM

Earlier in the week Haley said they would put the arrowhead back on the helmets for tonight then they come back off after the game. If I can find the exact quote I will post a link to it.

LTL 08-15-2009 06:04 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1372060.html

The arrowheads will return to the sides of the Chiefs’ helmets for Saturday night’s preseason opener against Houston at Arrowhead Stadium. They’ve been missing all of the offseason and training camp.

But Haley said they will come off again when practice resumes until a player has made the team. So it’s possible some players will get them before others. “Hopefully a couple will be popping up before too long,” Haley said.

chief52 08-15-2009 08:08 AM

It is not like this is anything abnormal. Take a look at camp pictures of other teams. Many are bare helmets without logos. Common practice...

Bugeater 08-15-2009 08:09 AM

Haley is a mf'n prick.

leviw 08-15-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Fury (Post 5974295)
I don't think the NFL would be too happy with any team trying to play any game without the logos that rake in the almighty $$$. Haley may be a tough guy, but he don't have the pull to roll with a stunt like that.

The Browns have been getting away with it for years. :)

Bwana 08-15-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Fury (Post 5974295)
I don't think the NFL would be too happy with any team trying to play any game without the logos that rake in the almighty $$$. Haley may be a tough guy, but he don't have the pull to roll with a stunt like that.

That was my first thought as well. I think they would have tossed out a large fine to the team, if they would have tried to play a live game "logo free."

Bwana 08-15-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5974291)
Haley is a mf'n prick.

It sounds like he can indeed be at times, but I see that as a good thing, after this team turned very soft under Herm. Herm wanted to be everyone's pal. Haley on the other hand, seems to want a strong, level headed tough team before being anyones buddy.

I saw how "Herms plan" went and I am more than willing to let Haley be a dickweed as he sees fit, without getting worked up about it. Until things change on the field and in the locker room, that's exactly what this team needs.

Skip Towne 08-15-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw (Post 5974297)

And the Steelers only have one.

chief52 08-15-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw (Post 5974297)

It is amazing that they have kept that tradition. It seems like some marketing guys would be all over that. " We have this great new logo for the side of your helmets. We could put it on T-shirts, hats etc. and make millions." Probably not far off.

"Bob" Dobbs 08-15-2009 11:30 AM

I think it'd be awesome if Haley, after the first WR drop tonight, goes out & ripped the arrowhead back off the players helmet,

CaliforniaChief 08-15-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEKChiefsFan (Post 5974527)
I think it'd be awesome if Haley, after the first WR drop tonight, goes out & ripped the arrowhead back off the players helmet,

That would be great! Haley with the play card in one hand and a razor in another.

Manila-Chief 08-15-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5974309)
It sounds like he can indeed be at times, but I see that as a good thing, after this team turned very soft under Herm. Herm wanted to be everyone's pal. Haley on the other hand, seems to want a strong, level headed tough team before being anyones buddy.

I saw how "Herms plan" went and I am more than willing to let Haley be a dickweed as he sees fit, without getting worked up about it. Until things change on the field and in the locker room, that's exactly what this team needs.

Fully agree!!! I was a little concerned after the story of Waters came out ... but I do like the way he is running things. As Teicher said, "We may lose ... " but, I think it will not be because of "Hermism."