ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Coogs 01-10-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9302710)
The best QB prospects typically don't (though usually the best QB prospects are coming out early and aren't eligible). Only QBs whose agents are being told they NEED to play usually end up playing.

Matt Ryan and Rg3 both skipped it. I don't think it's surprising at all that Geno and Matt Barkley are skipping it.

Barkley is still injured from what I have read.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9302769)
RG3 didn't skip it. He wasn't eligible since he was a junior. But if he had been a senior I doubt he would have played

Was he granted a medical redshirt for the 2009 season? He played in 1/4 of that season, but it was my understanding you had to apply for a medical redshirt after your senior season (similar deal as Tony Temple at Mizzou).

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9302780)
I am going to emotionally prepare for the possibility that Reid grades one of the Tylers or Barkley higher than Geno.

But man...I'm really hoping it's Geno.

Hell, that's a scenario I could deal with.

I'm emotionally preparing for the probability that Reid doesn't want any of them and decides to take Joeckel instead.

Coogs 01-10-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302811)

I'm emotionally preparing for the probability that Reid doesn't want any of them and decides to take Joeckel instead.

I can't see them passing on the QB. I just can't. The backlash of passing on a QB... and having that QB become an elite NFL QB would be far, far greater than drafting a QB at #1 and having said QB bcome a bust.

KCUnited 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302628)
So the guy that was on WHB this morning was Tony Paulino.

Jake, Nate, and Steven all just said that if Geno is good enough to go 5-15, you take him at #1.

Nice to hear some sanity on the radio.

Guy is on with Parkins right now. Says Geno has a comparable draft grade to Gabbert coming out.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

I'd be fine with Wilson or Smith.

Anyone else, and it's really hard to stomach.

Taking Joeckel and letting Albert walk would drive me insane, I think.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Dude WTF...no way. The Chiefs will have Big Albert back, I believe Bowe and Dustin. Enough of the tear in my beer. Good posters such as yourself need to be spreading the + not the same - BS the media is spreading. They just hate'n on dem Chiefs

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:31 AM

There seems to be a TON of concern that Albert's back problems are bigger than anybody thinks.

Ebolapox 01-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9302842)
Dude WTF...no way. The Chiefs will have Big Albert back, I believe Bowe and Dustin. Enough of the tear in my beer. Good posters such as yourself need to be spreading the + not the same - BS the media is spreading. They just hate'n on dem Chiefs

he didn't say he WANTED it to happen, he just said he was preparing himself for it. you know, battered fan syndrome.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9302832)
Guy is on with Parkins right now. Says Geno has a comparable draft grade to Gabbert coming out.

It Smith grades out similarly to Gabbert, I think that just cements how good of a prospect he is.

Gabbert has ALL the physical tools a QB needs. He lacks the polish and especially the pocket presence. Even going back to high school, he has never produced at a crazily high level.

Those are things that Smith certainly has done. For Smith to grade out similarly to Gabbert, his measureables have to be close. Take those and combine them with Smith's polish and production... and you've got a potential top 10 NFL QB, IMO.

O.city 01-10-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302866)
There seems to be a TON of concern that Albert's back problems are bigger than anybody thinks.

Really? Hadn't heard anything about it.

Where are you getting this from? Wasn't this the first time he has had any back problems?

duncan_idaho 01-10-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302866)

Even if they are, it's not like Joeckel is the only LT in this draft (or the Chiefs don't have internal options).

Geno at No. 1, Kyle Long at No. 34 if you feel like Stephenson is not ready to be the starting LT.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300609)
To be fair, the issue is if Joeckel is overrated or not. Not if KC should pick him. RunKC at least acknowledges that KC picking him would be a travesty.

And his name is silly. He's got that going against him.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9302870)
It Smith grades out similarly to Gabbert, I think that just cements how good of a prospect he is.

Gabbert has ALL the physical tools a QB needs. He lacks the polish and especially the pocket presence. Even going back to high school, he has never produced at a crazily high level.

Those are things that Smith certainly has done. For Smith to grade out similarly to Gabbert, his measureables have to be close. Take those and combine them with Smith's polish and production... and you've got a potential top 10 NFL QB, IMO.

being compared to a guy that looks like he is a 100% bust is NOT a good thing.

philfree 01-10-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth*****Satan (Post 9302909)
And his name is silly. He's got that going against him.

If the Chiefs pass on a QB and draft Joeckel you know the headlines will read 'What A Joek'.