ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hear ye, hear ye! The monkey trial is about to begin! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150563)

Rain Man 10-24-2006 04:48 PM

Hear ye, hear ye! The monkey trial is about to begin!

As a long-time observer and poster on Chiefsplanet, I have noticed a wee bit of conflict recently between one Mecca and several other posters. The conflicts have been escalating, and I think it's time that the Chiefsplanet legal system stepped in.

I am declaring a monkey court to be put into place for the purpose of placing Mecca on trial. As a known neutral party, I shall serve as the judge for this trial. The charges are:

Charge 1. Treason in the first degree for predicting a poor season for the Chiefs.

Charge 2. Treason in the first degree for citing that the Geathers hit on Trent Green was innocent and non-fineworthy.

Charge 3. Treason in the first degree for citing that the Rolle face mask was not an act of evil visited upon a Chief by an opposing player.

Charge 4. Threats to kill other Chiefsplanet members in the interest of protecting animals.

Charge 5. General mayhem.

Additional charges may be filed by the prosecution before the trial begins.

By participating in the trial, all parties agree that the rulings of the court will stand, unless for some reason they don't want to listen to the court.

Over the course of the next few days, the following will take place.

1. Mecca may appoint a lawyer to represent him, or he may choose to represent himself. The lawyer need not be a real lawyer. He may also choose to have a larger defense team if he wishes, but the lead defender will be the only official voice.

2. The opposing side will choose a lawyer to represent them, or if none can be chosen, I shall select one. The lawyer need not be a real lawyer. Might I suggest that candidates nominate themselves in this thread, and I will then create a poll, with the largest votegetter being selected as lead prosecutor. The prosecution may also choose to have a larger prosecution team, but the lead prosecutor will be the only official voice.

3. I will request volunteers with possible actual legal experience to serve as my backroom legal team in running the trial. Any attorneys want to volunteer for this task? You cannot be part of the prosecution or defense, or be a potential witness for either side.

4. A random selection of Chiefsplanet members with more than 500 posts will be solicited for jury duty. We will then work with the prosecution and the defense to select the jury.

5. Then...the trial begins.

I would advise both sides to begin preparing their legal teams immediately. Jury selection will begin later this week.

(Banging Gavel)

teedubya 10-24-2006 04:51 PM

Hey Rainman,

Longtime Lurker, First Time poster, here.... Uh, as a witness who has sat on the sideline watching idly...

I have to say that Mecca's only real contribution was the hot chicks he used to have in his signature, and the 8500 pages of animated gifs that he posted.

that is all, I think im impartial enough to be a juror.

burt 10-24-2006 04:51 PM

Sounds too time consuming, otherwise I'd love to represent Mecca.

cdcox 10-24-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

Charge 2. Treason in the first degree for citing that the Geathers hit on Trent Green was innocent and non-fineworthy.

Charge 3. Treason in the first degree for citing that the Rolle face mask was not an act of evil visited upon a Chief by an opposing player

Motion to dismiss the judge based on previously stated opinions on charges 2 and 3 aforementioned.

Rain Man 10-24-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs

that is all, I think im impartial enough to be a juror.

The court appreciates your correspondence. All jury notices will be distributed randomly, and if called, we appreciate your civic duty.

burt 10-24-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Motion to dismiss the judge based on previously stated opinions on charges 2 and 3 aforementioned.

same charge, differt infractions............

Rain Man 10-24-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Motion denied, on account that the attorney making the motion does not represent either side in this case.

(Gosh, this was my worst nightmare. I'd hate to be kicked off the case of the century.)

burt 10-24-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Motion denied, on account that the attorney making the motion does not represent either side in this case.

(Gosh, this was my worst nightmare. I'd hate to be kicked off the case of the century.)

um, .....you quit feeding the greatest thread ever.................

JimNasium 10-24-2006 04:58 PM

I'd like to be "randomly" selected to sit on this jury please.

cdcox 10-24-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

It's out there now. No telling when a real attorney will spring it.

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
I'd like to be "randomly" selected to sit on this jury please.

Thank you for your correspondence, and your interest in this case. If you receive a jury notice, we will appreciate your civic duty.

listopencil 10-24-2006 05:01 PM

Can you do the monkey trial in a kangaroo court? I think that would be best.

-Amicus Curiae

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Mercer
um, .....you quit feeding the greatest thread ever.................

How did that not get 1,000 posts? I'm amazed. It had everything.

NJ Chief Fan 10-24-2006 05:02 PM

if i volunteer to be a juror(sp?), if my county calls me in for jury duty can i just tell them i was a juror for chiesplanet court, and that will excuse me?

Hammock Parties 10-24-2006 05:02 PM

I nominate KCTitus as prosecuting attorney.

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

It's out there now. No telling when a real attorney will spring it.

Okay, what'll it take to keep this quiet? Some money? A trip to Vegas? A couple of hookers?

JimNasium 10-24-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

Either him or Baby Lee. Both need to serve on the prosecution team.

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Chief Fan
if i volunteer to be a juror(sp?), if my county calls me in for jury duty can i just tell them i was a juror for chiesplanet court, and that will excuse me?

You will receive a letter thanking you for your service. You can submit that to any other jurisdiction.

cdcox 10-24-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Okay, what'll it take to keep this quiet? Some money? A trip to Vegas? A couple of hookers?

I'm incorrupta-- did you say money?

teedubya 10-24-2006 05:04 PM

Sweet, I just got my 'Random' Juror invite!

I got the golden ticket!!

http://www.borg.com/~superman/memor/ticket.jpg

Adept Havelock 10-24-2006 05:04 PM

Oooh, A "Monkey Trial"? If I provide the bananas will it help me be selected as a juror?

chagrin 10-24-2006 05:05 PM

Rain Man - Since I have not read any of the conflict at all, even pointing that out in other posts, I would be an impartial observer, and therefore request a seat in the jury box, PM me if this is cool with you

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Rain Man - Since I have not read any of the conflict at all, even pointing that out in other posts, I would be an impartial observer, and therefore request a seat in the jury box, PM me if this is cool with you

Thank you for your correspondence and your interest in the case. If you are randomly selected as a juror, the court appreciates your civic duty.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2006 05:08 PM

I would also like a random selection. :D

JBucc 10-24-2006 05:11 PM

I can represent you Mecca. Everyone loves me and I work for rep. (positive rep)

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

I would also like a random selection. :D

Thank you for your correspondence and your interest in the case. If you are randomly selected as a juror, the court appreciates your civic duty.

Eleazar 10-24-2006 05:12 PM

ROFL

JBucc 10-24-2006 05:13 PM

Do we have a baliff yet? I nominate Frazod.

Frazod whack his peepee!

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:14 PM

We currently have two nominations for prosecutor - kctitus and baby lee - and one self-nomination for defender - jbucc.

Nominations will remain open until Thursday at noon. At that time, Mecca will choose his lead defender (or if he is not available, we will have a poll), and the poll to select a lead prosecutor will be posted.

Delano 10-24-2006 05:15 PM

I hate bike thieves, but love apricot BMW's. I enjoy cats as pets but detest bare spots. Big rocks are the best, the Raiders are the worst.

Am I qualified to sit on this jury?

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
ROFL

Order in the court! Order in the court!

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
I hate bike thieves, but love apricot BMW's. I enjoy cats as pets but detest bare spots. Big rocks are the best, the Raiders are the worst.

Am I qualified to sit on this jury?

StcChief 10-24-2006 05:17 PM

I've always been in school when called to serve on Jury duty......I think I just jinked myself.

Fairplay 10-24-2006 05:17 PM

I would like to be a jury member sir.

Eleazar 10-24-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Order in the court! Order in the court!

:fart: oops....

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:21 PM

In the interest of providing swift justice, the court has now determined that anybody who wishes to volunteer for jury duty may do so, and they will be automatically entered into the jury pool along with a random selection. The two sides will select the actual jury from this pool.

Current members of the jury pool are:

Ari Chiefs
JimNasium
NJ Chief Fan
Adept Havelock
Chagrin
Gochiefs
Delano
Fairplay
Stcchief (I think)

noa 10-24-2006 05:33 PM

Mecca turned me into a newt. I say we burn him!!!!!

Rain Man 10-24-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
Mecca turned me into a newt. I say we burn him!!!!!

(Banging gavel)

One more outburst like that and I'll have you removed from the courtroom!

burt 10-24-2006 06:13 PM

may be feeding time.......

elvomito 10-24-2006 06:16 PM

i nominate myself as executioner.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

2112 10-24-2006 06:18 PM

I am a neutral troll..a perfect specimen to be a juror :clap:

Logical 10-24-2006 06:23 PM

Let the record show Mecca claimed the hit by Geathers was not worthy of a suspension, not that it did not warrant a fine.

JimNasium 10-24-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
Let the record show Mecca claimed the hit by Geathers was not worthy of a suspension, not that it did not warrant a fine.

Here's the perfect lawyer for the defendant.

C-Mac 10-24-2006 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!"

teedubya 10-24-2006 06:35 PM

i nominate the girl in Elvomito's avatar to give lapdances to all members of the juror pool

Sully 10-24-2006 06:38 PM

I wanna be in the jury pool!!!

JimNasium 10-24-2006 06:41 PM

I wonder which strip club we will end up being sequestered in?

Fairplay 10-24-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Archie F. Swin 10-24-2006 06:47 PM

What we have here is a failure to realize that you all are a bunch of ****ing drama queens

JimNasium 10-24-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin
What we have here is a failure to realize that you all are a bunch of ****ing drama queens

Shakin' the bush boss, shakin' the bush.

JBucc 10-24-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin

After we decide Mecca's fate I think this one needs to be put on trial. He's clearly a subordinate and has no respect for authority.

blueballs 10-24-2006 06:49 PM

I could not be on a jury of Mecca's peers
that would be an insult

....T.....

Archie F. Swin 10-24-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
After we decide Mecca's fate I think this one needs to be put on trial. He's clearly a subordinate and has no respect for authority.

eat my shorts

Simplex3 10-24-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Mercer
Sounds too time consuming, otherwise I'd love to represent Mecca.

That's like letting the wolf represent the lamb's best interrest at dinner time.

I'm all for it.

Simplex3 10-24-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Damn rightous call. However, I wouldn't make him the lead attn. because he's not here very often. We need someone who eats, sleeps and breathes this place. A real dork with no life.

You.

Simplex3 10-24-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Frazod whack his peepee!

As long as there isn't a fridge in the court room we should all be safe.

Adept Havelock 10-24-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
i nominate the girl in Elvomito's avatar to give lapdances to all members of the juror pool

Seconded.

RealSNR 10-24-2006 09:39 PM

I don't even know who the main plaintiff is. Who's been bitching about these grievances? Who "called out" Mecca?

And if it will please the court, I'd like to be a member of the defense committee. I have no soul anyway, and I'd like to give a shot at the Chewbacca defense.

SLAG 10-24-2006 09:44 PM

I Offer the court any services I can Provide-

PastorMikH 10-24-2006 09:45 PM

I pretty much have my mind made up that he is guilty of the charges so I have no problem serving on the jury.

Moo 10-24-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02

You must bring the sandwich tray.

Moo

Easy 6 10-24-2006 09:47 PM

I find it beyond despicable that you have waited until mere weeks before the elections to spring these charges. Partisan politics at its worst. You have blatantly sat on these revelations, thereby endangering countless innocents. Yet in light of these facts he is guilty, guilty, guilty and should be summarily shot at 0800.

Simplex3 10-24-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Frazod the Balif only shoots fridges, but he may make an exception for you. Sound good?

Iowanian 10-24-2006 09:48 PM

Charges of public disergentedness have been overlooked.

Its obvious that SCTrojan should be appointed for the defense....after all, the only quality comes from USC.

PastorMikH 10-24-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

I agree. Mecca/Jim reminds me of the kid who is trying to be more extreme than his extreme father - he just isn't quite as bright as the old man.:)

SLAG 10-24-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Frazod the Balif only shoots fridges, but he may make an exception for you. Sound good?

No Not really-

I was thinking more as the Monkey Court Pimp.. who brings the ho's for the Jury and for whom ever wins the trial...

OnTheWarpath15 10-24-2006 09:59 PM

I would be honored to serve the court as a member of the jury......

Simplex3 10-24-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

No Not really-

I was thinking more as the Monkey Court Pimp.. who brings the ho's for the Jury and for whom ever wins the trial...

Actually, that spot has already been filled by the chick in Elvomito's avatar. Still wanna be shot by Frazod the Big Game Fridge Hunter?

Frazod 10-24-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Frazod whack his peepee!

Great, I'm Bull Shannon. :D

SLAG 10-24-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Actually, that spot has already been filled by the chick in Elvomito's avatar. Still wanna be shot by Frazod the Big Game Fridge Hunter?

:hmmm:

Now what Prey tell is your position with the court -

Judge Rain Man does Simplex Operate under your Jurice Prudence?

And if so...

Is getting Shot by Frazod the only open position for me?

:shrug:

Simplex3 10-24-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Great, I'm Bull Shannon. :D

I heard he banged Markie Post. :shrug:

SLAG 10-24-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

http://www.beertownusa.com/prodimage...20sex%20SM.jpg

Frazod 10-24-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Mmmmm.... Markie :drool:

Frazod 10-24-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

I should get some of that stuff. I'm just as ugly and nearly as bald!

Simplex3 10-24-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Mmmmm.... Markie :drool:

You'll shoot Slag, right?

Frazod 10-24-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

You'll shoot Slag, right?

Sure, why not? :)

Simplex3 10-24-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Sure, why not? :)

Do I have to dress him up as a fridge or is simply sounding a siren enough?

boogblaster 10-24-2006 10:16 PM

Balif whack his pee-pee ....

SLAG 10-24-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Do I have to dress him up as a fridge or is simply sounding a siren enough?

I would only agree to get shot at if I was Dressed up as a fridge

:harumph:

Thig Lyfe 10-24-2006 10:18 PM

Is it too late to be added to the jury pool?