ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Simply Red 12-26-2013 08:56 PM

I has narrowed down my diet to Eggs, protein shakes, baby broccoli N PUSSY!

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10311999)
...N PUSSY!!!

haven't ordered chinese in awhile

Simply Red 12-26-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10312003)
haven't ordered chinese in awhile

It's all pink on the inside.

RunKC 12-26-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10311997)
soup

apples

hummus/pita

protein shakes

chicken breasts

turnip greens

eggs

What brand for the protein shakes? do you put anything else in them i.e. yogurt or fruit?

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10312007)
What brand for the protein shakes? do you put anything else in them i.e. yogurt or fruit?

ON Whey.

And no. A wise man once told me long ago just to chug it.

Simply Red 12-26-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

you'll find the Solgar 'Whey to Go' is a much purer, 'cleaner' variety of the whey. I'd like to also mention that any and all dairy is from hormone free cattle, the taste is extra good and it's mix-ability can not be denied.

Forget ON champ, listen to your old pal, friend.

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10312011)
you'll find the Solgar 'Whey to Go' is a much purer, 'cleaner' variety of the whey. I'd like to also mention that any and all dairy is from hormone free cattle, the taste is extra good and it's mix-ability can not be denied.

Forget ON champ, listen to your old pal, friend.

Shut up and try to increase your bench to 60 lbs next week.

Simply Red 12-26-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10312022)
Shut up and try to increase your bench to 60 lbs next week.

you know this is made up - I told you I work out w/ 110 you anus hair.

BWillie 12-26-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10311362)
No, do SS until you hit the prescribed "move on" point. Then, switch to Madcow. Someone who's getting back into lifting likely wouldn't be on SS for more than a few weeks.

I dont think I made myself very clear. Im not wanting to workout 3 days a week anymore. I did a variation of madcow, been doing it for years. But now im only willing to workout about once a week. If I ever get single.again maybe ill go back to giving a shit but I just want to be able to maintain or even build the most muscle as possible by working out 1 day a week. Im sure its a full body workout but looking for some guidance for an example of a routine. im lazy so what :)

Aspengc8 12-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10312126)
I dont think I made myself very clear. Im not wanting to workout 3 days a week anymore. I did a variation of madcow, been doing it for years. But now im only willing to workout about once a week. If I ever get single.again maybe ill go back to giving a shit but I just want to be able to maintain or even build the most muscle as possible by working out 1 day a week. Im sure its a full body workout but looking for some guidance for an example of a routine. im lazy so what :)

No offense man, but one day a week aint gonna do shit for your physique. One day a week is not enough stimulation. Your better off borrowing someones P90x and just doing that when you have free time.

Demonpenz 12-26-2013 11:04 PM

Bwillie could probably pull it off, he was pretty big back in the day.

Aspengc8 12-26-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10311758)
No bruising yet but not sure how long that takes to set it. It's pretty near my glute tie-in region on the right side, a little more towards the outside of my leg.

Damn, and after being injury free for so long and making continued strength progress and all-time deadlift PR today. :(

Go to a ortho. He will stretch you around and be able to tell if its just a strain vs a small tear or something more serious.

Silock 12-27-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10312126)

So, basically you want all the benefits without having to put in any of the work. Got it. ;)

Not happening, dude. I mean, sure, you can do once a week, and that will be better than nothing, but it's not going to be a noticeable difference.

Simply Red 12-27-2013 09:48 AM

my efforts to troll the thread w/ my protein powder know-how have failed. Not one bite.

Heck you all can cut open your foreheads and sift ON strawberry into it, for all i care. :p

penguinz 12-27-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10312552)
my efforts to troll the thread w/ my protein powder know-how have failed. Not one bite.

Heck you all can cut open your foreheads and sift ON strawberry into it, for all i care. :p

No one consumes strawberry whey. It has been proven to increase estrogen production.

lewdog 12-27-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10312182)
Go to a ortho. He will stretch you around and be able to tell if its just a strain vs a small tear or something more serious.

I'm not shelling out the green for this to be a minor issue. If it doesn't get significantly better in a week, I'll seek advice.

So far no bruising and I can walk with a normal gait today without shoes with almost zero pain, which is better than last night. With shoes on, quite a bit more pain and I have to "duck foot" my right leg when walking to decrease the pain.

Silock 12-27-2013 02:02 PM

You should be fine in a week. If it were serious, you'd still be limping and it would be getting worse.

lewdog 12-27-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10312978)
You should be fine in a week. If it were serious, you'd still be limping and it would be getting worse.

Didn't you have a hammy issue a while ago?

Silock 12-27-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10313084)
Didn't you have a hammy issue a while ago?

Probably. I have a new injury every other week. I can't keep them all straight. But just from experience, if you're walking that well the day after, it's not serious. Just watch for any small signs of pain next week during your warmup and don't lift if you feel pain that won't subside. For instance, if you feel a twinge at 135, but it's not bad, do a set or two more at 135 and if it goes away, move up. And so on and so forth until it either doesn't go away or you reach working weight.

That's how I deal with it. Works pretty well.

lewdog 12-27-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10313252)
Probably. I have a new injury every other week. I can't keep them all straight. But just from experience, if you're walking that well the day after, it's not serious. Just watch for any small signs of pain next week during your warmup and don't lift if you feel pain that won't subside. For instance, if you feel a twinge at 135, but it's not bad, do a set or two more at 135 and if it goes away, move up. And so on and so forth until it either doesn't go away or you reach working weight.

That's how I deal with it. Works pretty well.

When should I start paying you?

:D

lewdog 12-27-2013 08:21 PM

Welp, I'm letting my personal training certificate lapse next month. It's not my career any more but it was a decent amount of work and hassle getting it to only use it for a few years. Oh well, was fun to do that for a while.

Silock 12-28-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10313503)
When should I start paying you?

:D

I only accept payment in protein powders.

Baby Lee 12-28-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10313831)
I only accept payment in protein powders.

If amenable, Hog Farmer has copious protein liquids for your enjoyment.

Silock 12-28-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10313842)
If amenable, Hog Farmer has copious protein liquids for your enjoyment.

He'll have to dehydrate them first.

Gross.

SeeingRed 12-28-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9290026)
not only is it $10 a month and a MASSIVE gym, BUT there is a pizza party every first Monday of the month...which just so happens to be tomorrow! YES! YES! YES!

the worst.

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 12:32 AM

Anybody ever done a show? Muscle Mayhem in KC is in June. I'm thinking of doing it once just to get it off my bucket list and tell my grandkids about one day :D

lewdog 12-29-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315531)
Anybody ever done a show? Muscle Mayhem in KC is in June. I'm thinking of doing it once just to get it off my bucket list and tell my grandkids about one day :D

Nope.

But I'll gladly be the errrrrrrrr.........oil man for you big boy.

/no homo

Buehler445 12-29-2013 12:45 PM

A week before Thanksgiving I quit drinking caffeine. The first of December I started a workout regimen. Since then my blood pressure has been going up.

I have no idea what is going on. I'm doing the things you're supposed to do to reduce blood pressure and it is going the wrong way.

Is it normal to increase blood pressure when you start a workout?

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10315801)
A week before Thanksgiving I quit drinking caffeine. The first of December I started a workout regimen. Since then my blood pressure has been going up.

I have no idea what is going on. I'm doing the things you're supposed to do to reduce blood pressure and it is going the wrong way.

Are you taking the reading sitting down first thing in the morning every time you take it? There are a shit ton of variables that can effect a BP reading.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315944)
Are you taking the reading sitting down first thing in the morning every time you take it? There are a shit ton of variables that can effect a BP reading.

Sitting down before bed. I've been taking it every day and trying to get some readings at other times to see where it is during the day also to try to eliminate noise in the numbers. I'm going to head to the doctor soon, but I don't really want to be on BP medicine.

The other thing is I'm using a fairly cheap wrist reader thing from Walgreens. It may be wrong, but it's been fairly consistent. Wife has been using it too, and it has been pretty consistent with the Doctors office. But she hasn't been using it very often and it could be variability.

58-4ever 12-29-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10315944)

Yep, you just being super nervous during the reading can affect the results. Give it more than a few weeks.

penguinz 12-29-2013 02:12 PM

Pick up a NO supplement. It is a vascodialtor and can help with BP.

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316097)
Sitting down before bed. I've been taking it every day and trying to get some readings at other times to see where it is during the day also to try to eliminate noise in the numbers. I'm going to head to the doctor soon, but I don't really want to be on BP medicine.

The other thing is I'm using a fairly cheap wrist reader thing from Walgreens. It may be wrong, but it's been fairly consistent. Wife has been using it too, and it has been pretty consistent with the Doctors office. But she hasn't been using it very often and it could be variability.

Do you take any supps? Creatine?

What is the avg reading?

Has your weight fluctuated recently?

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10316146)
Do you take any supps? Creatine?

What is the avg reading?

Has your weight fluctuated recently?

No suppliments.

Avg is probably 145/82 ish. Before it was probably 125/75.

Weight is down probably 5 lb in a month and 10 down since September. However, the regimen is dramatically harder than what I was doing before.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10316111)
Pick up a NO supplement. It is a vascodialtor and can help with BP.

NO suppliment? Help me out here.

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316331)
NO suppliment? Help me out here.

Nitric oxide. I think it's Arginine or something like that they use in most of those products. Celery seed extract has some science backing it but I would see a doc and try to find the underlying problem instead of treating the symptom. Your case seems odd given that much of a jump and you've also lost weight which in theory should cause it to go down.

The workouts shouldn't raise it on a 24 hour basis like that. See a doc but try to figure out the cause before jumping on meds. Could be stress, lack of sleep, or anything.

Buehler445 12-29-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10316529)
Nitric oxide. I think it's Arginine or something like that they use in most of those products. Celery seed extract has some science backing it but I would see a doc and try to find the underlying problem instead of treating the symptom. Your case seems odd given that much of a jump and you've also lost weight which in theory should cause it to go down.

The workouts shouldn't raise it on a 24 hour basis like that. See a doc but try to figure out the cause before jumping on meds. Could be stress, lack of sleep, or anything.

I am under some stress because the baby is a couple months out. Also, this is a deadline ridden time for me. But I don't think it is any more stressful than several other months during the growing season.

There have been some days that I didn't sleep well, but I've made a concerted effort to increase my sleep hours and it hasn't helped the BP much.

The only other thing I have going is a sore shoulder. I had a really sore back for a couple weeks early in December, but I've got that lined up. Initially I thought that's what the problem was, but the pain is a lot less now than it was initially, but the blood pressure hasn't responded.

BigBeauford 12-29-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10315801)

Using Nicoteine products, if you use any, can affect BP. Caffeine withdrawals can affect your b/p temporarily, vigorous exercise, and wrist cuffs are very inaccurate +\-

BigCatDaddy 12-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10316863)
I am under some stress because the baby is a couple months out. Also, this is a deadline ridden time for me. But I don't think it is any more stressful than several other months during the growing season.

There have been some days that I didn't sleep well, but I've made a concerted effort to increase my sleep hours and it hasn't helped the BP much.

The only other thing I have going is a sore shoulder. I had a really sore back for a couple weeks early in December, but I've got that lined up. Initially I thought that's what the problem was, but the pain is a lot less now than it was initially, but the blood pressure hasn't responded.

I'd see a good doctor. That's not horribly high but the jump like that is odd.