ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Beuchele / Henne (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344941)

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-25-2022 09:02 PM

Beuchele / Henne

Who ya got ?

I think Beuchele earned #2 But Andy will go with experience.

Our roster doesn't have room for 3 QB's

Fish 08-25-2022 09:05 PM

Beuchele didn't really look very good tonight. I'd probably stick with Henne.

KurtCobain 08-25-2022 09:06 PM

They're both not Trent Green.

Halfcan 08-25-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16429343)

You have that backward. Henne looked like shit playing with the 1's.

New World Order 08-25-2022 09:11 PM

I’ll take Bobby Boucher

Megatron96 08-25-2022 09:21 PM

Henne is just going to take the path of least resistance at this point. He's not going to take anything but the checkdown or whatever. He won't lose a game for the team, but he's not going to win many either.

Beuchele reminds me a bit of Matt Moore; he's willing to go downfield.

i think if we needed the backup for more than a game, I'd want Beuchele over Henne.

But Andy is going to make Henne QB2 regardless.

Bump 08-25-2022 09:27 PM

you already know Andy likes the veteran, even though if he ever had to start you can expect to get about 13 points. He did help wrap up that playoff game though.

threebag 08-25-2022 09:39 PM

Tyler Bray all day

BigRedChief 08-25-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 16429340)
Who ya got ?

I think Beuchele earned #2 But Andy will go with experience.

Our roster doesn't have room for 3 QB's

They carried all 3 last years roster.

chiefzilla1501 08-25-2022 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16429370)
Henne is just going to take the path of least resistance at this point. He's not going to take anything but the checkdown or whatever. He won't lose a game for the team, but he's not going to win many either.

Beuchele reminds me a bit of Matt Moore; he's willing to go downfield.

i think if we needed the backup for more than a game, I'd want Beuchele over Henne.

But Andy is going to make Henne QB2 regardless.

That’s how I see it. Henne is a lot like chase Daniel. I guess if it’s late in the game and you need a pinch hitter, sure. But if you need a full game these two guys shut down real fast when the script runs out. Other than 2 awesome plays that I’m eternally grateful for, henne hasnt shown much of anything for an entire career.

RaidersOftheCellar 08-25-2022 09:51 PM

Part of me wants to say it doesn't matter, but we already know it does. The question is...would you trust Buechele to pull off the 4th down conversion to ice the Browns game? I don't think I would. Although he might give you a better shot to come back from a double digit deficit. You couldn't trust either to start and win a game vs a decent QB, so if we're in that situation, we're cooked either way.

rabblerouser 08-25-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16429343)

Are you ****ing serious?

In the discord chat, I go "I can probably actually throw the ball better than Henne at this point" and then Henne underthrew McKinnon on a 6 yard flare, right into the ground, as if to prove my point...

He's ****ing awful, and let's be real, Henne was only okay for a game or two anyway, same as Buchele at this point, because if disaster strikes and Mahomes misses any significant partion of time, then the team won't go anywhere anyway.

Matt "Midnight Hour" Moore>>>>>>>>Chad "4th down" Henne

rabblerouser 08-25-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16429408)
Part of me wants to say it doesn't matter, but we already know it does. The question is...would you trust Buechele to pull off the 4th down conversion to ice the Browns game? I don't think I would. Although he might give you a better shot to come back from a double digit deficit. You couldn't trust either to start and win a game vs a decent QB, so if we're in that situation, we're cooked either way.

Buchele has more upside, and I wouldn't have trusted Buchele to make those plays 2 years ago, I'd probably have more faith in him on a purely athletic standpoint to do it from this point on, because Henne is literally at the point where he's hit that "wall"; he looks like he's stuck in molasses, so he can't evade rushers and is a liability to turn the ball over and/or get hurt when he does inevitably get lit the **** up, and then on top of that, he can't throw for shit any more.

He was throwing air balls with the 1s, and the balls were haaaaaaaanging in the air...he has to put all that air under the ball to even get any depth on his throws, and the result is off-target throws that have zero chance of being timed correctly with his intended receiver. It's amazing he didn't get one picked tonight.

Someone gif up one of those hanging air balls from tonight.

He'a ****ing awful.

oldman 08-25-2022 10:16 PM

I've grown weary of the "Andy likes/Andy always" mantra. As several have pointed out, if we need to depend on our QB2 for more than a couple games, we're screwed. Why not go with Buechele since he's mobile and can throw it? Henne's one game in 4 years does not justify his roster spot.

rabblerouser 08-25-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 16429440)
I've grown weary of the "Andy likes/Andy always" mantra. As several have pointed out, if we need to depend on our QB2 for more than a couple games, we're screwed. Why not go with Buechele since he's mobile and can throw it? Henne's one game in 4 years does not justify his roster spot.

Boom.

/thread.