ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Mcdonalds Mcrib is back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177320)

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 11:47 PM

Mcdonalds Mcrib is back

december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.

banyon 12-23-2007 11:48 PM

again?

Hammock Parties 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Does anyone even realize what the ****ing McRib is? It's basically a processed soy patty dunked in barbecue sauce, unless I'm mistaken.

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Does anyone even realize what the ****ing McRib is? It's basically a processed soy patty dunked in barbecue sauce, unless I'm mistaken.

I know exactly what it is... Delicious

Rain Man 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Just because it says it's a rib doesn't mean it's really a rib.

Phobia 12-23-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

You're mistaken. It's processed pork. Processed, but pork nonetheless.

Buzz 12-23-2007 11:55 PM

Shuddup and make me a sammich bitch? :shrug:

Bump 12-24-2007 12:06 AM

mmm, nothing like a mcrib on a hard bun from sitting in the warmer too long and add some stale fry's that have been sittin' in the fry bin for 20 minutes to go with that and you got yoself a great meal!

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
mmm, nothing like a mcrib on a hard bun from sitting in the warmer too long and add some stale fry's that have been sittin' in the fry bin for 20 minutes to go with that and you got yoself a great meal!

It's not an outstanding sandwich by any stretch but it's better than any of the other crap they serve there.

doomy3 12-24-2007 12:10 AM

I hate the McRib. It's an embarrasment to BBQ.

chiefbowe82 12-24-2007 12:10 AM

I love when I get their cheeseburgers and bite into small bones.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3
I hate the McRib. It's an embarrasment to BBQ.

That's because you think it's BBQ. It's not. It's a crappy McDonalds sandwich.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-24-2007 12:13 AM

why the **** does this sandwich keep going away and coming back? they've had like three "farewell tours" for the damn thing. why does a sandwich need a farewell tour in the first place, especially if it's going to come back?

WTF, this sandwich pisses me off.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman
why the **** does this sandwich keep going away and coming back? they've had like three "farewell tours" for the damn thing. why does a sandwich need a farewell tour in the first place, especially if it's going to come back?

Because McDonalds buys pork surplus at pennies on the dollar. I'm guessing their farewell tour is designed to put pressure on big pork to extend their contract.

JohninGpt 12-24-2007 12:16 AM

This thread makes me want a Baconator.

doomy3 12-24-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
That's because you think it's BBQ. It's not. It's a crappy McDonalds sandwich.

Believe me, I understand that it is a crappy McDonald's sandwich.

However, I do believe that McDonald's wants me to think it is BBQ. I guess that's where the confusion lies.

It's kind of like saying that no one should be angry about the Chiefs having a bad football team. Because, using these same standards, those people are in the wrong assuming the Chiefs are a football team. They're not. They're a bunch of crappy guys running around lost on a field with lines on it.

Eleazar 12-24-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Just because it says it's a rib doesn't mean it's really a rib.

What do you mean? It's even still in the rib shape.

trndobrd 12-24-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

However, I do believe that McDonald's wants me to think it is BBQ. I guess that's where the confusion lies.

It's kind of like saying that no one should be angry about the Chiefs having a bad football team. Because, using these same standards, those people are in the wrong assuming the Chiefs are a football team. They're not. They're a bunch of crappy guys running around lost on a field with lines on it.

But the McRib doesn't claim to be an NFL team. McDonalds is Arena II League Football. The McRib is leading their division and will probably meet the Egg McMuffin in the league championship.

Gates and Roy's BBQ Pit are in the NFL of BBQ. The Chiefs, incidently, would be "Red, Hot and Blue".

Mr. Flopnuts 12-24-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Principal
Mr. doomy3, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mcribb

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:17 AM

http://mcrib.com/

there are some online games and some tribute pages

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:18 AM

http://nessart.8m.com/ribtxt.htm

Above is one of my favorite pages about the mcrib it has more of a liberal slant to mcribology but still an infomative page non the lesser

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:20 AM

Wiki pedia describes mcrib ok but it leaves out the Mcrib shorages of the late 2002 and the subsequent Mcribb rising of 03

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this picture of micrib doesn't look very good probably taken in circa 99

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fish and more from long john slivers. From their website

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this looks more like corn than mcrib

CHENZ A! 12-24-2007 12:13 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE THE RIB SAMMICHES ARE BACK AND GUESS WHO AIN'T GETTIN ANY?! YOU WANT ANY RIB SAMMICHES YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH ME! II GOT THIS SHIT LOCKED DOWN!

MOhillbilly 12-24-2007 12:18 PM

disgusting.

BIG_DADDY 12-24-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
disgusting.

I can't believe people actually eat that shit.

MOhillbilly 12-24-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
I can't believe people actually eat that shit.

it looks like ****ing dog food.

Bob Dole 12-24-2007 12:28 PM

We had the McRib in Texas a few months ago. Is this a return of that return, or is it re-returning?

BIG_DADDY 12-24-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
it looks like ****ing dog food.

I had one the first time they brought it out. It actually smells like dog food too. I took one bite an threw it out. My dog eats better than that.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:32 PM

I had no idea I was eating dog food. It's pretty good dog food at least. I think we'll get one for Christmas dinner.

Bugeater 12-24-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

I had one the first time they brought it out. It actually smells like dog food too. I took one bite an threw it out. My dog eats better than that.

WTF? Were you expecting a top notch dining experience when you walked into McDonalds?

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 12:35 PM

I hope they freaking just keep it around. I ususally freeze a couple they stay pretty good. For awhile. i was thinking about dropping off some to some food shelters but I am sure they are having christmas turkey or something.

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo
WTF? Were you expecting a top notch dining experience when you walked into McDonalds?

It's no olive garden

stevieray 12-24-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman

McEagles..

Skip Towne 12-24-2007 12:36 PM

I ate a McRib several years ago and it was McHorrible. The only things I can eat from there are pancakes or the fish sandwich.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
I hope they freaking just keep it around. I ususally freeze a couple they stay pretty good. For awhile. i was thinking about dropping off some to some food shelters but I am sure they are having christmas turkey or something.

Get a bag of 10 and drop them off at the shelter in front of my house. The nice people there will give you a beer.

BIG_DADDY 12-24-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
It's no olive garden

LMAO

Deberg_1990 12-24-2007 12:38 PM

If it sells so good, they do they keep getting rid of it only to bring it back?

Smells like a marketing scheme to me.

Bugeater 12-24-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
If it sells so good, they do they keep getting rid of it only to bring it back?

Smells like a marketing scheme to me.

No, what you're smelling is Bob Dole. He hasn't showered for weeks.

luv 12-24-2007 12:43 PM

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich used to be a limited time thing, too. Eventually, so many people asked for it that they made it a permanent menu item. I wonder why McDonald's doesn't do the same for the McRib.

BIG_DADDY 12-24-2007 12:43 PM

I am going to Luigi's today. It's an Italian sanwich shop that is like Quizno's but about 1 million times better. I have to go there every time I visit the P's up here in Oregon. Best samich I ever had.

88TG88 12-24-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I ate a McRib several years ago and it was McHorrible. The only things I can eat from there are pancakes or the fish sandwich.

The only thing worse than the Mcrib is that "fish" sandwich.

The pancakes are ok.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

I am going to Luigi's today. It's an Italian sanwich shop that is like Quizno's but about 1 million times better. I have to go there every time I visit the P's up here in Oregon. Best samich I ever had.

Are you really posting about the best sandwich you've ever had (for which you probably pay $9) on a McRib thread? McRib is crap but it serves a purpose. Nobody is saying it's the best sandwich ever except for DP and what does he really know?

Simply Red 12-24-2007 12:53 PM

I get a craiving for a big-mac, like once every two years.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
I get a craiving for a big-mac, like once every two years.

That's like my taco bell craving. I always regret it too.

Demonpenz 12-24-2007 02:14 PM

i wasn't really saying it was the best sandwhich ever. It's just the sandwich that changed the world for the better

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-24-2007 02:39 PM

McRibs really are pretty tasty and it helps the pork industry immensely by using up a lot of the pork product that is usually thrown out for tankage.

Skip Towne 12-24-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
McRibs really are pretty tasty and it helps the pork industry immensely by using up a lot of the pork product that is usually thrown out for tankage.

So now you want us to eat snouts and eyeballs so you can keep your job?

JohninGpt 12-24-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
So now you want us to eat snouts and eyeballs so you can keep your job?

Or do you have a large can of lips and assholes that you save to sell to McDonalds for the next McRib Farewell Tour?

CHENZ A! 12-24-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt
Or do you have a large can of lips and assholes that you save to sell to McDonalds for the next McRib Farewell Tour?

If you feed the pigs other pigs parts will they get mad pig disease?

BIG_DADDY 12-25-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Are you really posting about the best sandwich you've ever had (for which you probably pay $9) on a McRib thread? McRib is crap but it serves a purpose. Nobody is saying it's the best sandwich ever except for DP and what does he really know?

For the record I only eat this samich like twice a year because it's not the best thing to eat and it probably isn't really the best ever but it's awesome. In Medford Oregon it's reasonable too. $5 something for a 6" $6 something for an 8" and $7.95 for a 12" you could feed 3 people with. Salami, pepperoni, ham and Italian sausage with 2 cheeses. Add sauteed mushrooms, olives, onions, pepperoncini peppers, jalepeno peppers and special sauce all toasted to perfection. I'm just not a big chain restaurant guy for the most part. I can find ma/pops places that blow them away. I wasn't kidding when I said I think the McRib looks and smells like dog food. Here is what you're eating BTW.

McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Allergens: Wheat, Soybean Food Sensitivities: Gluten

Phobia 12-25-2007 01:15 AM

I agree.

BIG_DADDY 12-25-2007 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.

BIG_DADDY 12-25-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

I agree.

Funny thing is most dog food is basically contaminated shit that was being thrown out sprayed with fat to make it tasty so the dog will actually eat it. This isn't far off.

Miles 12-25-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.

Yikes.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-25-2007 02:08 AM

You just added years to people's lives BD. That's more than gross. That's downright hideous.

smittysbar 12-25-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_CHIEFS_06
I love when I get their cheeseburgers and bite into small bones.

What???? I can honestly say this has never happened to me or anyone I know!

BigOlChiefsfan 12-25-2007 04:48 AM

"Soylent McRib is People!"

gblowfish 12-25-2007 08:32 AM

Calling a McRib bbq is like calling the Chiefs a playoff contender.

pikesome 12-25-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish
Calling a McRib bbq is like calling the Chiefs a playoff contender.

At least the McRib is formed in the shape of BBQ. Not so the Chiefs.

Bob Dole 12-25-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Allergens: Wheat, Soybean Food Sensitivities: Gluten

HOLY CRAP! There's pork in that thing?

There's no way Bob Dole is ever eating another one.

StillHonest 12-25-2007 10:55 AM

Says something about American taste doesn't it? Now iof you could get a McRib and some of those frys with that stuff that they call "cheese" that really is a byproduct of some chemical process.....

Demonpenz 12-25-2007 02:44 PM

It comes with a free movie rental too. I just picked up couple mcribs for the kids (they wanted to play outside but it's wet) so i got them uncle buck to watch

Phobia 12-25-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Looks delicious to me. In fact, if McDonalds were open I'd drive over and buy one right now.

Stewie 12-25-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Dude! You don't want to see any of the food you eat in the raw. Ever been to a grain elevator and seen the critters and insects? I learned a long time ago that it is what it is... and most of the time it's tasty when cooked properly.

Phobia 12-25-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie
Dude! You don't want to see any of the food you eat in the raw. Ever been to a grain elevator and seen the critters and insects? I learned a long time ago that it is what it is... and most of the time it's tasty when cooked properly.

No kidding. You guys would crap if you knew how much tobacco spit landed in my rib brine. But it sure is delicious when it's done, isn't it?

HonestChieffan 12-25-2007 05:43 PM

hehhehhehee

ads that little tang I always say

Skip Towne 12-25-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

No kidding. You guys would crap if you knew how much tobacco spit landed in my rib brine. But it sure is delicious when it's done, isn't it?

Does anybody want this piece of cherry pie? I'm suddenly not hungry.

Saulbadguy 12-25-2007 06:26 PM

Not a fan. I think the sauce is gross. If I could get a dry mcrib and put a different sauce on it, it would probably be OK.

I don't like the Big Mac either, not a fan of the "special sauce".

Hootie 12-25-2007 06:27 PM

thousand island?

blueballs 12-25-2007 06:52 PM

You can buy McRibs at the grocery store
you just add your own sauce and microwave

BIG_DADDY 12-26-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Looks delicious to me. In fact, if McDonalds were open I'd drive over and buy one right now.

Knock yourself out dude. Don't stop there though, give it to your kids and wife too. Hell, make it a staple in your diet. Just don't give any to the dog K? :rolleyes:

Friggin amazing.

Miles 12-26-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

http://www.foodfacts.info/mcrib/006-mcrib-cleanbot.jpg

http://www.foodfacts.info/mcrib/007-mcrib-filet.jpg

ClevelandBronco 12-26-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Knock yourself out dude. Don't stop there though, give it to your kids and wife too. Hell, make it a staple in your diet. Just don't give any to the dog K? :rolleyes:

Friggin amazing.

You seem to have an unwarranted attachment to dogs you don't own.

My dog was a commodity. He was kind of like a living appliance. As a puppy he cost me $250. When it was clear that it was going to cost me substantially more to repair him than to replace him, his time was over. (Hey, I adjusted for inflation, and figured in what could possibly remain of his natural life in order to give him the benefit of the doubt.)

He was broken. He wasn't worth fixing. He's in a metal box under a tree in the back yard.

I'm going to sacrifice a McRib in his memory if I can still get my hands on one.

CoMoChief 12-26-2007 01:15 AM

God damnit I'm high.

I just wanted a little buzz, not this kinda shit. I can't even feel my god damn toes right now.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!

I'm now gonna go make a me a leftover special of a Ruben Sandwich and some cole slaw I had from 54th st a couples nights ago.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-26-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
God damnit I'm high.

I just wanted a little buzz, not this kinda shit. I can't even feel my god damn toes right now.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!

I'm now gonna go make a me a leftover special of a Ruben Sandwich and some cole slaw I had from 54th st a couples nights ago.

Embrace your inner high.

BIG_DADDY 12-26-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
You seem to have an unwarranted attachment to dogs you don't own.

My dog was a commodity. He was kind of like a living appliance. As a puppy he cost me $250. When it was clear that it was going to cost me substantially more to repair him than to replace him, his time was over. (Hey, I adjusted for inflation, and figured in what could possibly remain of his natural life in order to give him the benefit of the doubt.)

He was broken. He wasn't worth fixing. He's in a metal box under a tree in the back yard.

I'm going to sacrifice a McRib in his memory if I can still get my hands on one.

I don't care what your dog was or how easily you put it down dude. My only point was that the McRib isn't even suitable cuisine for a dog. Frankly if had a live in that shit hole you call Cleveland I would probably make cyanide a staple in my diet