ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Marcus Peters fitting in well with Ravens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326621)

Buehler445 11-11-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14588576)
Stats accumulated against the bengals shouldn't even count.

They are truly abysmal. There was a lot of talk about the Dolphins as the worst team ever assembled. Bengals can give them a run for their money.

GeorgeZimZam 11-11-2019 01:23 AM

I'm sure he's also fitting in well with the city of Baltimore.

rabblerouser 11-11-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam (Post 14588840)
I'm sure he's also fitting in well with the city of Baltimore.

Zing!

rabblerouser 11-11-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14588584)
Did you watch the play?

They're not playing zone. Peters is in man on this play. The QB just throws a reeruned pass because he sucks and his team is awful. This is not a 'wow what a great play' pick 6. It's a 'Wow, what a stupid terrible throw by a bad QB" pick 6.

Peters is an off corner. That doesn't mean he's a zone corner. He can't recover if he gets beat on the press, but he's such a shitty tackler he's not a great zone CB either.

People like King hear some talking head say something on a show, then believe it, and then repeat it.

jaa1025 11-11-2019 02:05 AM

Bengals. He feasts off shit QB's and good QB's feast on him.

scho63 11-11-2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 14588862)
Bengals. He feasts off shit QB's and good QB's feast on him.

:LOL::LOL:

-King- 11-11-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14588842)
People like King hear some talking head say something on a show, then believe it, and then repeat it.

You're right. He's terrible in man and in zone. His league leading picks and interceptions just came by luck.

And I'm sure harbaugh and Martindale who run primarily zone coverages traded for him and started him on their defense just for shits and giggles.

WhiteWhale 11-11-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14589033)
You're right. He's terrible in man and in zone. His league leading picks and interceptions just came by luck.

And I'm sure harbaugh and Martindale who run primarily zone coverages traded for him and started him on their defense just for shits and giggles.

You didn't address that this pass came in man coverage.

Then you, you know, put words in my mouth. I didn't say he sucks at EITHER. He's not ideal for press coverage (man or zone, he's not a cover 2 corner either because he won't tackle) but is good in off coverage (zone or man) at reading the play and breaking on the ball by watching the triangle. YOU implied he can't play man coverage in a thread about a pick 6 he got while playing man coverage.

Don't move the ****ing goal posts. If you don't understand what I'm talking about just ask me to explain further. The world isn't binary "he's awesome or he totally sucks". Peters has very specific strengths and weaknesses.

Rain Man 11-11-2019 10:23 AM

He tends to fit in well anywhere for a year or two, and then his personality wears out the welcome.

-King- 11-11-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14589314)
You didn't address that this pass came in man coverage.

Then you, you know, put words in my mouth. I didn't say he sucks at EITHER. He's not ideal for press coverage (man or zone, he's not a cover 2 corner either because he won't tackle) but is good in off coverage (zone or man) at reading the play and breaking on the ball by watching the triangle. YOU implied he can't play man coverage in a thread about a pick 6 he got while playing man coverage.

Don't move the ****ing goal posts. If you don't understand what I'm talking about just ask me to explain further. The world isn't binary "he's awesome or he totally sucks". Peters has very specific strengths and weaknesses.

I haven't even quoted or directed any response to you. How can I put words in your mouth? Wtf are you talking about?

Peters is a player who does very well in zone coverage and is much better at it. The fact that that one play is in man doesn't change anything. No team runs 100% man or 100% zone.

At the end of the day, what Peters does isn't a fluke or accident. I'll take him getting burnt all day if it came with the turnovers he forces. The thing that I couldn't put up with was his lack of effort when it came to tackling. But in pass defense, I have no problem with how he plays.

Marcellus 11-11-2019 11:22 AM

As predicted, shitty QB throws the ball straight to Peters and some dipshit starts a thread about how great Peters is.

Mecca 11-11-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14589467)
As predicted, shitty QB throws the ball straight to Peters and some dipshit starts a thread about how great Peters is.

We played a shitty QB yesterday, I did not see any pick 6's.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14589467)

I’m not a fan of my team giving up talented football players for nothing. Especially at positions of need. Especially not talents they drafted and developed.

Are they shitty human beings? Perhaps. Don’t care. I want talented players, not choir boys.

Clark Hunt and Andy should be Forced to watch highlights of these guys every day for the next 5 years.

Marcellus 11-11-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14589469)
We played a shitty QB yesterday, I did not see any pick 6's.

Did the shitty QB throw the ball straight to any of our DB's? Nope.

Marcellus 11-11-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14589513)
I’m not a fan of my team giving up talented football players for nothing. Especially at positions of need.

Are they shitty human beings? Perhaps. Don’t care. I want talented players, not choir boys.

Clark Hunt and Andy should be Forced to watch highlights of these guys every day for the next 5 years.

For nothing? We got more for him than his last team did. Peters is a ****ing nutjob who is on his 3rd team in 3 years and who gambles and makes a play every couple weeks, get over it.