ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Is Rigged: Wild Card Round (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341836)

notorious 01-16-2022 11:48 AM

Just once I'd like to watch Brady get his own treatment thrown against him in a game.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078230)
Do you have rigged picks for today, or not?

I already made a long post about it...Jesus.

WilliamTheIrish 01-16-2022 11:52 AM

^ Jesuit, you mean.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16078245)
Just once I'd like to watch Brady get his own treatment thrown against him in a game.

It happens when he allows it to happen....like the 2015 AFCCG.

When he doesn't...you get head-scratching games like the Seahawks SB, the Atlanta SB...and last years 27 DPI, KC flag-fest.

Do you really think being shut out by the Saints was legit?

This is why I never touch anything concerning him...

TimBone 01-16-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16078257)
I already made a long post about it...Jesus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16077841)
I haven't really invested the right amount of energy on the NFC...I'm not up on the politics/season long patterns.

I just pick up weird trends...like LA/Arizona both losing at home with everything on the line....who were the benefactors from LA/SoFi losing a potential 2nd home game? It got SF in over the Saints...and Brady, a home game against the worst team in the post season not named Steelers.

One suspicious trend was the Cowboys losing 3 against the AFCW...which didn't effect their conference record. This helped guarantee late season seeding drama in both conferences. Raiders dont get in with out the sketchy OT against them. Did anyone really buy the Broncos win over them...I didnt.

I kind of get the vibe that SF is the NFC's Raiders...better ratings fodder than the QB-less Saints. Cowboys are a big draw....but Jones isn't really liked by the NFL strings pullers. Dallas fell on their sword mid-season...that has to come with guarantees of some sort....if I were forced to pick by gunpoint...I'd go with Dallas....I dont feel comfortable with it though...it's an "avoid" game. I think this one will be the best of the entire weekend...

One thing to note is SF is a bad match up for the Packers IMO....where as the Rams are a dome team.

Cowboys vs. Brady...repeat of the season opener? That will have some eyeballs on it...

I dont see any obvious benefit from the Eagles/Cardinals winning...Arizona is kind of like the Titans...no one cares except their own fans.

View it as what has the best story-lines to market for next week. Rodgers MVP vs. the SoFi Staffords...Prescott in his comeback against 65 year old international superstar...Brady. I dont see a compelling narrative surrounding the 49ers..other than its Jimmy G's last season...

Oh, so you're saying the league is going to rig it for the two NFC favorites to win today.

Thanks for the insight!

Red Dawg 01-16-2022 12:00 PM

I am a BlackOp fan. This place is obsessed with his takes and it's so great. BlackOp for life.

Goooooo BlackOp, it's your birthday! Go BlackOp it's your birthday!

Bearcat 01-16-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078270)
Oh, so you're saying the league is going to rig it for the two NFC favorites to win today.

Thanks for the insight!

*chuckles*

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 16078261)
^ Jesuit, you mean.

*snorts derisively*

TimBone 01-16-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16078275)
I am a BlackOp fan. This place is obsessed with his takes and it's so great. BlackOp for life.

That surprises no one.

TimBone 01-16-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16078269)
It happens when he allows it to happen....like the 2015 AFCCG.

When he doesn't...you get head-scratching games like the Seahawks SB, the Atlanta SB...and last years 27 DPI, KC flag-fest.

Do you really think being shut out by the Saints was legit?

This is why I never touch anything concerning him...

****ing witches, man. They're a bitch.

Bearcat 01-16-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16078206)
Or lack of a mod pile on like the last one?

Not sure what being mods has to do with it, but the pile on is kind of the point.... it was fun for a few days, but continuing to go back to the well gets boring.

Granted, that's what this place is all about though... AIDS tree!

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078211)
Dude. Listen. No one is arguing that the refs don't influence games with bad calls. Yes, sometimes the refs suck ass at their jobs. And yeah, they need to be held to a higher standard. No one is going to disagree with you on that.

This thread is about refs purposely influencing games for rigging purposes.

Unless that's what you're arguing in your post. Are you arguing that the best way the league found to rig the Bengals-Raiders game was to have the officials "accidentally" blow a whistle mid-play and then act like it never happened?

Is that where you're at?

I'm "at the point" that says we don't know that the NFL does or doesn't have part time employees that influence games using the very gray area of whistles. The league has done a lot to make sure certain calls aren't reviewable (part of the gray area), all by a group of people who don't ever appear to be graded and disciplined when they make mistakes.

So when people go to the extreme of saying "it's rigged" (a harsh thing to say) that's one thing, but by the NFL not having any apparent review process of their officials, and if (if....) there is one, it doesn't seem to result in any disciplinary actions for those infractions (making bad calls, calling a game unequally, and supposedly missing calls).

Why? Why is it that these people are evidently above scrutiny? And if people they are scrutinized by their employer, show me proof.

My thought is that they (the officials) don't get specific orders from the league, that would be trackable. I'm more of the mindset that says that in the process of becoming an NFL official that those who are selected aren't solely selected on their knowledge of the complex rule book, and here comes the tinfoil hat comment (!!!), I think they limit the candidates on the tendencies they shown toward understanding not only the rules, but also the business of entertainment.

Yeah, wild, I know... But when you look at the totality of what we see, not that there aren't exceptions, we see week in and week out a lot (but not 100%) officiating that tends to favor the NFL's bottom line and promote NFL-favorable story lines. From blowing whistles if a favored QB gets hit but letting other QBs get pummeled, to calling ticky-tac DPI calls while ignoring WR push-offs.

Again, I'm only suggesting the people who have the ability to greatly influence the outcome of games with their whistles and flags, don't appear to be held to a standard by their employer. The very group that's in charge of holding other league employees to standards. That's an issue.

In before: "Because I have no answer for that (admitting that there's no proof that the NFL holds their officials to any standard, much less a high standard), I'll just claim you're wearing a tinfoil hat and should never watch football again."

"Proof" goes both ways...

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 12:08 PM

Oh look, Brady got hit, +15 yards... Hmmmmm

Gravedigger 01-16-2022 12:10 PM

YOU TOUCHED TOM BRADY YOU MOTHER ****ER!!! Gotta teach these Eagles how we do things.

Athis 01-16-2022 12:12 PM

That is what is called a Tommy Flag...

TimBone 01-16-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078292)
I'm "at the point" that says we don't know that the NFL does or doesn't have part time employees that influence games using the very gray area of whistles. The league has done a lot to make sure certain calls aren't reviewable (part of the gray area), all by a group of people who don't ever appear to be graded and disciplined when they make mistakes.

So when people go to the extreme of saying "it's rigged" (a harsh thing to say) that's one thing, but by the NFL not having any apparent review process of their officials, and if (if....) there is one, it doesn't seem to result in any disciplinary actions for those infractions (making bad calls, calling a game unequally, and supposedly missing calls).

Why? Why is it that these people are evidently above scrutiny? And if people they are scrutinized by their employer, show me proof.

My thought is that they (the officials) don't get specific orders from the league, that would be trackable. I'm more of the mindset that says that in the process of becoming an NFL official that those who are selected aren't solely selected on their knowledge of the complex rule book, and here comes the tinfoil hat comment (!!!), I think they limit the candidates on the tendencies they shown toward understanding not only the rules, but also the business of entertainment.

Yeah, wild, I know... But when you look at the totality of what we see, not that there aren't exceptions, we see week in and week out a lot (but not 100%) officiating that tends to favor the NFL's bottom line and promote NFL-favorable story lines. From blowing whistles if a favored QB gets hit but letting other QBs get pummeled, to calling ticky-tac DPI calls while ignoring WR push-offs.

Again, I'm only suggesting the people who have the ability to greatly influence the outcome of games with their whistles and flags, don't appear to be held to a standard by their employer. The very group that's in charge of holding other league employees to standards. That's an issue.

In before: "Because I have no answer for that (admitting that there's no proof that the NFL holds their officials to any standard, much less a high standard), I'll just claim you're wearing a tinfoil hat and should never watch football again."

"Proof" goes both ways...

Listen, man. I just want statements. You and BlackOp both have a way of making long posts that don't really say shit.

I just need a yes or no. You believe the WhistleGate play yesterday was purposely done by the refs? Be it for profits, entertainment, ratings. You believe it was a purposeful incident?

I'm on record as saying it was an incompetent action by an official. A mistake that may have had an affect on the overall outcome of the game.

If you're saying it was purposeful, why would they choose that way to alter a game outcome. It's a really controversial way to go about it. Why would they not choose a more subtle, acceptable way?

Are you saying they wanted NFL circles talking about that controversy today? Is that what you mean by entertainment?