ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Is Rigged: Wild Card Round (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341836)

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078211)
Dude. Listen. No one is arguing that the refs don't influence games with bad calls. Yes, sometimes the refs suck ass at their jobs. And yeah, they need to be held to a higher standard. No one is going to disagree with you on that.

This thread is about refs purposely influencing games for rigging purposes.

Unless that's what you're arguing in your post. Are you arguing that the best way the league found to rig the Bengals-Raiders game was to have the officials "accidentally" blow a whistle mid-play and then act like it never happened?

Is that where you're at?

I'm "at the point" that says we don't know that the NFL does or doesn't have part time employees that influence games using the very gray area of whistles. The league has done a lot to make sure certain calls aren't reviewable (part of the gray area), all by a group of people who don't ever appear to be graded and disciplined when they make mistakes.

So when people go to the extreme of saying "it's rigged" (a harsh thing to say) that's one thing, but by the NFL not having any apparent review process of their officials, and if (if....) there is one, it doesn't seem to result in any disciplinary actions for those infractions (making bad calls, calling a game unequally, and supposedly missing calls).

Why? Why is it that these people are evidently above scrutiny? And if people they are scrutinized by their employer, show me proof.

My thought is that they (the officials) don't get specific orders from the league, that would be trackable. I'm more of the mindset that says that in the process of becoming an NFL official that those who are selected aren't solely selected on their knowledge of the complex rule book, and here comes the tinfoil hat comment (!!!), I think they limit the candidates on the tendencies they shown toward understanding not only the rules, but also the business of entertainment.

Yeah, wild, I know... But when you look at the totality of what we see, not that there aren't exceptions, we see week in and week out a lot (but not 100%) officiating that tends to favor the NFL's bottom line and promote NFL-favorable story lines. From blowing whistles if a favored QB gets hit but letting other QBs get pummeled, to calling ticky-tac DPI calls while ignoring WR push-offs.

Again, I'm only suggesting the people who have the ability to greatly influence the outcome of games with their whistles and flags, don't appear to be held to a standard by their employer. The very group that's in charge of holding other league employees to standards. That's an issue.

In before: "Because I have no answer for that (admitting that there's no proof that the NFL holds their officials to any standard, much less a high standard), I'll just claim you're wearing a tinfoil hat and should never watch football again."

"Proof" goes both ways...

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 12:08 PM

Oh look, Brady got hit, +15 yards... Hmmmmm

Gravedigger 01-16-2022 12:10 PM

YOU TOUCHED TOM BRADY YOU MOTHER ****ER!!! Gotta teach these Eagles how we do things.

Athis 01-16-2022 12:12 PM

That is what is called a Tommy Flag...

TimBone 01-16-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078292)
I'm "at the point" that says we don't know that the NFL does or doesn't have part time employees that influence games using the very gray area of whistles. The league has done a lot to make sure certain calls aren't reviewable (part of the gray area), all by a group of people who don't ever appear to be graded and disciplined when they make mistakes.

So when people go to the extreme of saying "it's rigged" (a harsh thing to say) that's one thing, but by the NFL not having any apparent review process of their officials, and if (if....) there is one, it doesn't seem to result in any disciplinary actions for those infractions (making bad calls, calling a game unequally, and supposedly missing calls).

Why? Why is it that these people are evidently above scrutiny? And if people they are scrutinized by their employer, show me proof.

My thought is that they (the officials) don't get specific orders from the league, that would be trackable. I'm more of the mindset that says that in the process of becoming an NFL official that those who are selected aren't solely selected on their knowledge of the complex rule book, and here comes the tinfoil hat comment (!!!), I think they limit the candidates on the tendencies they shown toward understanding not only the rules, but also the business of entertainment.

Yeah, wild, I know... But when you look at the totality of what we see, not that there aren't exceptions, we see week in and week out a lot (but not 100%) officiating that tends to favor the NFL's bottom line and promote NFL-favorable story lines. From blowing whistles if a favored QB gets hit but letting other QBs get pummeled, to calling ticky-tac DPI calls while ignoring WR push-offs.

Again, I'm only suggesting the people who have the ability to greatly influence the outcome of games with their whistles and flags, don't appear to be held to a standard by their employer. The very group that's in charge of holding other league employees to standards. That's an issue.

In before: "Because I have no answer for that (admitting that there's no proof that the NFL holds their officials to any standard, much less a high standard), I'll just claim you're wearing a tinfoil hat and should never watch football again."

Listen, man. I just want statements. You and BlackOp both have a way of making long posts that don't really say shit.

I just need a yes or no. You believe the WhistleGate play yesterday was purposely done by the refs? Be it for profits, entertainment, ratings. You believe it was a purposeful incident?

I'm on record as saying it was an incompetent action by an official. A mistake that may have had an affect on the overall outcome of the game.

If you're saying it was purposeful, why would they choose that way to alter a game outcome. It's a really controversial way to go about it. Why would they not choose a more subtle, acceptable way?

Are you saying they wanted NFL circles talking about that controversy today? Is that what you mean by entertainment?

BlackOp 01-16-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078270)
Oh, so you're saying the league is going to rig it for the two NFC favorites to win today.

Thanks for the insight!

No...those teams make the most strategic sense for NFL Inc.

There are no more upsets like Indy/Colts left....I'm not picking on which team I think is better...I actually almost never pick using that method. I dont really pay attention to if they are home or not either...

TimBone 01-16-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16078388)
No...those teams make the most strategic sense for NFL Inc.

There are no more upsets like Indy/Colts left....

Cool.

Favorites today win = NFL profitable strategy

Riveting stuff.

Curé 01-16-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078292)

i used something called the google. i didn't have to go thru 31 million results. this was result 2:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ir-performance

Quote:

I wanted to know more, however, so I reached out to former NFL official Jerry Frump, who refereed three regular-season games during the NFL's 2012 lockout of the NFL Referees Association.

"The NFL has a very sophisticated evaluation system," Frump told me. "Every single play is graded."

Every week, Frump told me, every official's performance on every play is reviewed by league staff members with on-field officiating experience. Further, Frump said, there's "a live evaluation being done by somebody on-site," and the report from the observer is taken into account along with the film study grades.

"Just like the players shoot for the postseason," Frump told me, "everybody is looking for ways to improve themselves, because the grading system determines who goes and works the postseason games."

KChiefs1 01-16-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16078245)
Just once I'd like to watch Brady get his own treatment thrown against him in a game.

That will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimBone 01-16-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curé (Post 16078408)
i used something called the google. i didn't have to go thru 31 million results. this was result 2:

I've already explained to him that the information is available.

He doesn't want it. He wants to have something to blame when the Chiefs lose.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078385)
Listen, man. I just want statements. You and BlackOp both have a way of making long posts that don't really say shit.

I just need a yes or no. You believe the WhistleGate play yesterday was purposely done by the refs? Be it for profits, entertainment, ratings. You believe it was a purposeful incident?

I'm on record as saying it was an incompetent action by an official. A mistake that may have had an affect on the overall outcome of the game.

If you're saying it was purposeful, why would they choose that way to alter a game outcome. It's a really controversial way to go about it. Why would they not choose a more subtle, acceptable way?

Are you saying they wanted NFL circles talking about that controversy today? Is that what you mean by entertainment?

I'll answer your question, yes, I believe the NFL hires officials who are like-minded and make calls, selectively, to influence the outcome of games to benefit the league's goals of excitement, traditions, storylines, and of growing their product and profits.

Now your turn, do you have proof that the NFL grades the officials? Not suggestions of a program; IOW do you have a grade card to prove they have this program?

I bet you don't. All you have is faith in the face of questionable and timely calls...

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curé (Post 16078408)

I've read that before, but there's no proof, and certainly no sign that disciplinary actions were taken for bad/missed calls. Show me a grade card... Otherwise there's no proof of any of this.

I'm not saying there's not a meeting, but I think they show up more for the coffee and donuts more than anything.

And if the only incentive is post-season officiating, well that's pretty weak.. I don't believe the program is much more than a lunch club. If it is more, we'd see more evidence week-to-week that the program is working.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078464)

That isn't true at all, you're being emotional, I'm just asking for a grade card. We see stats on player performance, why not stats on the officials?

I know, I know, officiating - it's a tough job (like being a linebacker is easy), and "faith"...

Stop being emotional and back up what your belief with proof.

TimBone 01-16-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078471)
I'll answer your question, yes, I believe the NFL hires officials who are like-minded and make calls, selectively, to influence the outcome of games to benefit the league's goals of excitement, traditions, storylines, and of growing their product and profits.

Now your turn, do you have proof that the NFL grades the officials? Not suggestions of a program; IOW do you have a grade card to prove they have this program?

I bet you don't. All you have is faith in the face of questionable and timely calls...

No, you still didn't answer specifically about yesterday's call.

You believe the early whistle play was done purposefully?

Also, I'm not sure why you think I'm emotional. I find this all very silly.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078497)
No, you still didn't answer specifically about yesterday's call.

You believe the early whistle play was done purposefully?

Also, I'm not sure why you think I'm emotional. I find this all very silly.

#1 I think your emotional because of your replies and need to defend the league.

#2 I have no idea if it was purposeful, just like you have no proof of a real and effective officials review program that would hold the official accountable for that early whistle.

Let's face it, your side won't accept anything short of a memo sent to the officials on NFL letterhead that says which games should be won by which teams. Just like "I" (and it's literally just me) won't accept anything short of a grade card that shows that the official in question ****ed up, will be held accountable, and what being accountable means.

When players screw up, we hear all about their fines and suspensions, why not the officials?

Again, this won't ever get solved because there are no memos to officials, and there's no evidence of grade cards or discipline awarded to officials.

It's all good, there's no hate, just differing opinions of what we're all seeing.

wbbonneriii 01-16-2022 01:35 PM

NFL IS So Rigged by the Refs…

No holding
Late hit out of bounds - no call…

All to make sure Brady gets thru to next round.

Cowboys will get every single ref call too…

I hope the eagles break Brady’s right pointer finger to shove it up the NFLs butt…

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbbonneriii (Post 16078548)
NFL IS So Rigged by the Refs…

No holding
Late hit out of bounds - no call…

All to make sure Brady get through…

Cowboys will get every single ref call too…

I hope the eagles break Brady’s right pointer finger to shove it up the NFLs butt…

#1 All judgment calls.

#2 There's a hold on every play, but only certain holds happen to be seen by the officials, and they are all called. Selective vision..

#3 Tinfoil..

#4 Officiating is tough. So tough that it's a part time job...

#5 All those missed calls will end the official's chances to officiate any more playoff games because of a super-secret program that never produces anything.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078395)
Cool.

Favorites today win = NFL profitable strategy

Riveting stuff.

You're just getting desperate...NFL has already arranged the post-season seeding exactly how they wanted it.

Now that said teams are in...there aren't any Texans over the Titans (first meeting) style of upsets for me to predict.

Maybe you forgot about my picking that one....

wbbonneriii 01-16-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16078574)
You're just getting desperate...NFL has already arranged the post-season seeding exactly how they wanted it.

Now that said teams are in...there aren't any Texans over the Titans (first meeting) style of upsets for me to predict.

Maybe you forgot about my picking that one....

This x1,000

They rigged the seeding and the schedule…like I said before they want cowboys to go to brady and then Brady to go to Packers…they will call all games for that to happen.

I also think Cincy will get every single call against the titans and I’m pretty sure the Chiefs will have to beat the refs and bills next round too…

wbbonneriii 01-16-2022 01:57 PM

It is funny that every single positive play by the eagles is called back by some hold but you see the Bucs defense holding every single play with no calls…NFL is a rigged production.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbbonneriii (Post 16078588)
It is funny that every single positive play by the eagles is called back by some hold but you see the Bucs defense holding every single play with no calls…NFL is a rigged production.

The rather obvious "shirt tug" the Buc was guilty of that went uncalled certainly piqued my interest. I guess in that particular moment the "let them play" mindset was enabled. But that was like 173 "moments" ago. LMAO

The official that didn't call it won't be officiating the SB.

Hell, the SB might not have any officials.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 02:03 PM

Well I won't blame the officials for THAT bonehead play! :)

BlackOp 01-16-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbbonneriii (Post 16078588)

Brady is immune to the game steering techniques used for the other 31 teams.

If KC were up 17 on the Eagles...there wouldn't be phantom holding calls to negate a rare big play from Philly. They would work to manufacture a more competitive contest..

This is why you never bet on anything he's involved in....there is an entirely different set of rules for him.

louie aguiar 01-16-2022 02:09 PM

Expanding the playoffs has had some pretty bad results so far. Maybe letting in shitty teams wasn’t such a good idea.

Dartgod 01-16-2022 02:11 PM

It cracks me up that some of you actually think that the Bucs need help from the refs to win this game.

Bearcat 01-16-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078474)
I've read that before, but there's no proof, and certainly no sign that disciplinary actions were taken for bad/missed calls. Show me a grade card... Otherwise there's no proof of any of this.

I'm not saying there's not a meeting, but I think they show up more for the coffee and donuts more than anything.

And if the only incentive is post-season officiating, well that's pretty weak.. I don't believe the program is much more than a lunch club. If it is more, we'd see more evidence week-to-week that the program is working.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Referee Jerome Boger and the officials from Saturday’s Raiders-Bengals game are not expected to work again this NFL postseason:<a href="https://t.co/oPdfnJxQD7">https://t.co/oPdfnJxQD7</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1482738517826584583?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TimBone 01-16-2022 02:14 PM

You gotta give BlackOp credit here.

He did predict Tampa over Philly.

Tampa is currently up 24-0, and there have been penalties called against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He didn't specify whether this one was a ref job, whether players and coaches were in on it, or if witchcraft is afoot..but he did pick Tampa over Philly.

Nice work, BlackOp!

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078630)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Referee Jerome Boger and the officials from Saturday’s Raiders-Bengals game are not expected to work again this NFL postseason:<a href="https://t.co/oPdfnJxQD7">https://t.co/oPdfnJxQD7</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1482738517826584583?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam Schefter works for the NFL? I thought he was just a dude with another opinion? Maybe HE has the memo from the NFL that I'm looking for...

Will the official that granted Tom Terrific 15 yards for something that wasn't roughing the passer be gone too?

Again, without a grading card from the NFL, like us who think the NFL has hired staff who know the deal, it's all just faith (or lack of faith) based on what we're seeing.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078638)
You gotta give BlackOp credit here.

He did predict Tampa over Philly.

Tampa is currently up 24-0, and there have been penalties called against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He didn't specify whether this one was a ref job, whether players and coaches were in on it, or if witchcraft is afoot..but he did pick Tampa over Philly.

Nice work, BlackOp!

You realize the more you post shit like this...the more it appears I'm in your head?

My handy work is already completed....which was trying to inform people the NFL was gaming them this season.

The play-offs are merely the culmination of said gaming...

zigbazah 01-16-2022 02:24 PM

if jalen hurts is your QB, you've rigged the game against yourself.

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16077841)
I just pick up weird trends...like LA/Arizona both losing at home with everything on the line....who were the benefactors from LA/SoFi losing a potential2nd home game? It got SF in over the Saints...and Brady, a home game against the worst team in the post season not named Steelers.

You do realize that the Bucs and Eagles were still going to play if the Saints made the playoffs. Rams would have been #2 seed and Saints #7.

Bearcat 01-16-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16077841)
I just pick up weird trends...

I ignored all of these posts earlier, but from what ChiefsCountry quoted...... it's nice to see you finally admit all you're doing is making up stories based on things you either don't agree with or seem 'weird'.

Ironically, when I think 'weird' in sports, it's because things aren't scripted, so weird shit happens... and we've circled back around to how weird shit means things are scripted.

Good to have closure though.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078700)
I ignored all of these posts earlier, but from what ChiefsCountry quoted...... it's nice to see you finally admit all you're doing is making up stories based on things you either don't agree with or seem 'weird'.

Ironically, when I think 'weird' in sports, it's because things aren't scripted, so weird shit happens... and we've circled back around to how weird shit means things are scripted.

I too am happy that we have closure that neither side can show evidence that their position is accurate. It doesn't mean we hate each other, it just means that nobody can produce anything that proves that their position is correct.

We all live on faith, lack of faith, or something in between. We all have our reasons and evidence that makes us believe what we believe to be true (in the absence of memos or grade cards).

It's all good, we're all Chiefs fans at the end of the day.

At least I hope we are. I know I am...

Bearcat 01-16-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078710)
I too am happy that we have closure that neither side can show evidence that their position is accurate. It doesn't mean we hate each other, it just means that nobody can produce anything that proves that their position is correct.

We all live on faith, lack of faith, or something in between. We all have our reasons and evidence that makes us believe what we believe to be true (in the absence of memos or grade cards).

It's all good, we're all Chiefs fans at the end of the day.

At least I hope we are. I know I am...

Yeah, it mostly depends on who you think owns the burden of proof.

I've said many times the NFL has a history of zero accountability when refs make horrible calls. I don't think the burden of proof is on them to disprove a conspiracy theory, yet as you've alluded to in previous posts, displaying some accountability by firing refs and so forth would go a lot ****ing further than what they do these days.

Their inaction leads to people making wild accusations, especially when there's zero accountability... and they put things in place to "get it right", but then that non-call DPI in the NFCCG comes along and there's zero 'getting it right' or transparency on disciplinary actions.

And as I've said all along, people take it to the extreme and start looking for reasons to justify their theory..... there are actually very few calls that justify the theory that the NFL is steered or rigged intentionally (I think we can all agree that it can be unintentionally steered), but now it's like every single call that could have rigged meanings is now called to be rigged. It's ****ing reeruned.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078746)
Yeah, it mostly depends on who you think owns the burden of proof.

I've said many times the NFL has a history of zero accountability when refs make horrible calls. I don't think the burden of proof is on them to disprove a conspiracy theory, yet as you've alluded to in previous posts, displaying some accountability by firing refs and so forth would go a lot ****ing further than what they do these days.

Their inaction leads to people making wild accusations, especially when there's zero accountability... and they put things in place to "get it right", but then that non-call DPI in the NFCCG comes along and there's zero 'getting it right' or transparency on disciplinary actions.

And as I've said all along, people take it to the extreme and start looking for reasons to justify their theory..... there are actually very few calls that justify the theory that the NFL is steered or rigged intentionally (I think we can all agree that it can be unintentionally steered), but now it's like every single call that could have rigged meanings is now called to be rigged. It's ****ing reeruned.

100% agree. Rep applied... All I'm looking for is a transparent program that shows the officials, the officials that stand in judgement of the players, are scrutinized for the job they do just as much and the people they scrutinize. If the NFL can do that I'll become far less accusatory of them influencing games.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 03:04 PM

BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion. I remember going over the cliff because of how that game was selectively officiated, and I don't think I ever will get over it. Even if the NFL would admit that their officials are star-struck, I might get over it, but that's just not the case.

And that game was the game where I went to the other side that thinks there's something more than "pure accidents" going on.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

What you consider "weird"...and I consider "weird" are likely universes apart...I chose to use opaque word-play by design.

I'm glad you've finally found inner-peace in accepting the fact that I'm correct...

Bearcat 01-16-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078753)
BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion. I remember going over the cliff because of how that game was selectively officiated, and I don't think I ever will get over it. Even if the NFL would admit that their officials are star-struck, I might get over it, but that's just not the case.

And that game was the game where I went to the other side that thinks there's something more than "pure accidents" going on.

I've always been mind-boggled at how we can see 4 replays in 3 different angles within 30 seconds, yet calls like that go completely unquestioned and reviews can take forever (more commercials though!).

NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA.... have an 'eye in the sky' ref who can actually get it right and within a fraction of the time. It wouldn't be that guy's job to all-22 every missed holding call or whatever, but **** the headsets and iPad bullshit and actually use technology to get it right.

If done correctly, they're only there for the worst calls/non-calls and to make challenges move along much faster. But, every league has been slow to do something like that.... I think the dumbest being MLB, where all the umps come together like it's a Teams meeting behind home plate.

WilliamTheIrish 01-16-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078777)
I've always been mind-boggled at how we can see 4 replays in 3 different angles within 30 seconds, yet calls like that go completely unquestioned and reviews can take forever (more commercials though!).

NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA.... have an 'eye in the sky' ref who can actually get it right and within a fraction of the time. It wouldn't be that guy's job to all-22 every missed holding call or whatever, but **** the headsets and iPad bullshit and actually use technology to get it right.

If done correctly, they're only there for the worst calls/non-calls and to make challenges move along much faster. But, every league has been slow to do something like that.... I think the dumbest being MLB, where all the umps come together like it's a Teams meeting behind home plate.

The game moves too fast for these guys. And the solution is not more officials. It’s less.

And, I agree with the technology aspect. Especially in the case of the PI in the Raiders/Chargers final regular season game and the whistle yesterday.

Bob Dole 01-16-2022 03:31 PM

I still have an uneasy feeling about the game tonight.

smithandrew051 01-16-2022 03:32 PM

I’d like to see the Cowboys lose, but the 49ers also had a role in us losing the 1 seed. So **** both teams.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078777)

I'm not lost on what you're saying, but what you're saying is exactly what gives biased officials the wiggle room they need. "The game is too fast" isn't wrong, but when our folks (our stars) were getting raped in the middle of the filed it sure seems like their only excuse was "in that moment" they weren't looking and didn't see it.

You may buy that, but I don't. From almost anything constituting DPI, and it taking much MUCH more to get a push-off call, well that's just wrong.

And I get that OWNERSHIP has determined that their highest prices assets are to be protested, AND that high scoring games draws fans (profits), it doesn't take a memo for officials to call games the way they call them.

What's less acceptable is when one team gets calls, in the same game (not that that should matter), when the other team doesn't get those calls.

After a while you see a trend, at least that's what I've seen.

It's all good, I hope the God's favor our Chiefs today and don't have a hair up their ass about us.

We'll see.

TimBone 01-16-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078535)
#1 I think your emotional because of your replies and need to defend the league.

#2 I have no idea if it was purposeful, just like you have no proof of a real and effective officials review program that would hold the official accountable for that early whistle.

Let's face it, your side won't accept anything short of a memo sent to the officials on NFL letterhead that says which games should be won by which teams. Just like "I" (and it's literally just me) won't accept anything short of a grade card that shows that the official in question ****ed up, will be held accountable, and what being accountable means.

When players screw up, we hear all about their fines and suspensions, why not the officials?

Again, this won't ever get solved because there are no memos to officials, and there's no evidence of grade cards or discipline awarded to officials.

It's all good, there's no hate, just differing opinions of what we're all seeing.

I think you've confused my position. I'm not defending the league at all. I'm on the record in one of these rigging threads saying officiating is a problem. I also believe the officials should be held more accountable. The job should be full time, and there should be consequences for continued failures in officiating.

I just think the officiating problem is more due to ineptitude than any conspiracy to rig games a certain way. The NFL makes a shit ton of money as it stands. There's no need to rig things a certain way. It doesn't matter which teams make the playoffs or which team wins the Super Bowl. Fans will be fans, and money will be made. Why would the NFL risk tarnishing itself with rigging games?

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 16078795)
I still have an uneasy feeling about the game tonight.

Call your shot, Bob.

Are we getting ****ed by the refs tonight?

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078710)

I don't understand this line of thinking. Isn't the burden of proof usually on the person making accusations?

How exactly is somebody supposed to provide proof that the games aren't rigged?

WilliamTheIrish 01-16-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078869)
I don't understand this line of thinking. Isn't the burden of proof usually on the person making accusations?

Yes. But not in the world some folks live in.

penguinz 01-16-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Stop using logic. It has no place on this site.

Bob Dole 01-16-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078861)
Call your shot, Bob.

Are we getting ****ed by the refs tonight?

If the Steelers have any sense at all, they're throwing deep on every 3rd and long and hoping for a PI.

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078464)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078753)
BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c5e35044bf.gif

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078856)
I think you've confused my position. I'm not defending the league at all. I'm on the record in one of these rigging threads saying officiating is a problem. I also believe the officials should be held more accountable. The job should be full time, and there should be consequences for continued failures in officiating.

I just think the officiating problem is more due to ineptitude than any conspiracy to rig games a certain way. The NFL makes a shit ton of money as it stands. There's no need to rig things a certain way. It doesn't matter which teams make the playoffs or which team wins the Super Bowl. Fans will be fans, and money will be made. Why would the NFL risk tarnishing itself with rigging games?

That's cool. I guess we're just a shade different then, I do think the NFL hires officials who are "league first" minded and all that that implies (our difference), protects them later (I think we agree there), and the league creates rules that allow for mistakes made by officials to not be able to be overturned (I think we agree there too).

If I were king for a day!!! :D

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16078686)
You do realize that the Bucs and Eagles were still going to play if the Saints made the playoffs. Rams would have been #2 seed and Saints #7.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16078763)
What you consider "weird"...and I consider "weird" are likely universes apart...I chose to use opaque word-play by design.

I'm glad you've finally found inner-peace in accepting the fact that I'm correct...

Crickets when facts are introduced.

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 16078877)
If the Steelers have any sense at all, they're throwing deep on every 3rd and long and hoping for a PI.

Might be their best shot.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

One side wants a memo telling officials who shall win (and nothing less will do), so our side wants some proof that officials are actually graded and disciplined for calls they made, didn't make, and that they called things both ways.

The truth is, there are no memos and the NFL won't ever release any outcomes of their officials review process (because if there really is one it's a farce as it relates to any disciplinary actions).

And why would only one side have to prove their opinion? That seems wrong to me. Because of faith and taking the league's word on everything?

DrunkBassGuitar 01-16-2022 04:54 PM

I'm doing pretty good just randomly picking games and making up a rationale for why they're rigged once I picked them lol

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 04:58 PM

The Cowboys own stadium ****s them. LMAO

Bearcat 01-16-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16071512)
Bengals: I'm not telling you.

Bills: I'm not your mother.

Bucs: Screw you.

49ers: Get your own answers.

Rams: League circles.

Chiefs/Steelers: If the Chiefs win, they will host a game next weekend. NFL execs are aware of this, it's their ace card.

Seems like this is going pretty well.... 49ers/Cowboys was the easy pick, no idea why anyone would believe in Dallas.

Curé 01-16-2022 05:48 PM

song keeps running thru my head

glory dayz...weeellll they'll pass you by
glory dayz...in the wink of a young girl's eye
glory dayz...glory daaaaa aaayyy aaaayyzzzz

thanks. :spock:

kstater 01-16-2022 06:39 PM

Weird that America’s team didn’t get rigged

TimBone 01-16-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16079432)

It's almost as if they're not even rigging these games at all.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-16-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16079432)

Maybe it was rigged and you just can't see the results of the NFLs machinations yet

All will be clear soon

BlackOp 01-16-2022 07:06 PM

NFL Inc really, really hates Jerry Jones....they always have. That was a flag fest.... Didn't they say it was some kind of record?

SF looks pretty close to their SB team...or did.

kstater 01-16-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16079642)
NFL Inc really, really hates Jerry Jones....they always have. That was a flag fest.... Didn't they say it was some kind of record?

SF looks pretty close to their SB team...or did.

Which call showed the rigging? Be specific

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

penguinz 01-16-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16078028)
That is completely stupid logic. Would make more sense bfor the NFL to make sure KC blows out Pitt by 30+ to feed the hype of Buff v KC shootout next week.

I am better at this than BoP is. I called it before it happened vs his after the fact rigging predictions.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-16-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16079678)
Which call showed the rigging? Be specific

His prediction was Dallas would win

stumppy 01-16-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16081822)

Or was it?

loochy 01-16-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 16082207)
Or was it?

He just did that to trick our simple minds.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16081822)

Yeah, if I had a gun in my mouth...you guys are trying to lure me into predicting games that arent even on my radar. This was a game I wouldn't ever bet on..

It was pretty obvious to anyone being objective that the officials were favoring SF. I think they had 1 for 5 in the first half...I honestly thought they would just let them play in this one.

It actually reminded me of the KC/Chargers game...in Herbert's first start. Every time the Chiefs has a positive momentum play...it seemed to be negated by a flag.

I dont really care...I hate the Cowboys. I haven't watched them this year except for the season opener. They looked like dogshit...I hadnt watched SF either...but it was obvious they have the superior coaching.

I wasn't kidding when I said the NFL String pullers do not like Jones...they dont like owners being verbally critical. They reminded him this afternoon...

kstater 01-16-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16082276)
I wasn't kidding when I said the NFL String pullers do not like Jones...they dont like owners being verbally critical. They reminded him this afternoon...

How did they remind him?

BlackOp 01-16-2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16082317)
How did they remind him?

They hit the Cowboys with a record amount of flags...it started from the beginning too.

I actually looked it up at halftime because I didn't remember SF getting any....but the had 1/5.

SF was the better team with or without the flags....I just dont watch enough NFC to gauge where teams are with injuries and momentum.

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16082276)
Yeah, if I had a gun in my mouth...you guys are trying to lure me into predicting games that arent even on my radar. This was a game I wouldn't ever bet on..

It was pretty obvious to anyone being objective that the officials were favoring SF. I think they had 1 for 5 in the first half...I honestly thought they would just let them play in this one.

It actually reminded me of the KC/Chargers game...in Herbert's first start. Every time the Chiefs has a positive momentum play...it seemed to be negated by a flag.

I dont really care...I hate the Cowboys. I haven't watched them this year except for the season opener. They looked like dogshit...I hadnt watched SF either...but it was obvious they have the superior coaching.

Look who is talking out of his ass once again to try to make him sound like he is onto something. Cowboys are undisciplined team who lead the NFL in penalties. They were not showing Jerry Jones a lesson. Its how the Cowboys played every game this year.

kstater 01-16-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16082363)
They hit the Cowboys with a record amount of flags...it started from the beginning too.

I actually looked it up at halftime because I didn't remember SF getting any....but the had 1/5.

SF was the better team with or without the flags....I just dont watch enough NFC to gauge where teams are with injuries and momentum.

Which flags were unjust

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

eDave 01-16-2022 11:37 PM

https://c.tenor.com/Nwr25LmhVT8AAAAM...-hindsight.gif

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 11:37 PM

Clearly the NFL knew I would be watching... LMAO Bring on the hate... :)

TimBone 01-17-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16082472)
Clearly the NFL knew I would be watching... LMAO Bring on the hate... :)

What does this mean?

BlackOp 01-17-2022 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16082462)
Which flags were unjust

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Here's the tip...I saw at least 5-6 semi-penalties on replay today that weren't called. This was just casual observations through the 3 games...

They "could" have called them...and the announcers would have reinforced the validity of the flags. It's how the game is set-up...

You'll get games like the Chiefs tonight...nothing crazy...no lop-sided calls going against one team.

Then you'll get a game like the Cowboys/SF....where they are throwing everything...BUT...it's actually about the timing of the flags...and disproportionate to one side. The total number of flags by the end of the game doesn't matter...at all.

I've been a Chief fan long enough to recognize when it's happening...

NFL wanted SF to advance...this wasn't a clean game. There was an agenda...

Curé 01-17-2022 06:06 AM

nfl inc. really hates jj. they hate all owners that build billion dollar palaces that they can hold a super bowl in every few years.

HemiEd 01-17-2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16081808)
I am better at this than BoP is. I called it before it happened vs his after the fact rigging predictions.

It is much more fun to watch the games when the refs let our DBs play, unlike the Bengal game and last years SB.

I kept expecting yellow last night every time they broke up a pass, nope.

ModSocks 01-17-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 16070982)
Buffalo over NE bc Buffalo is a low key big tv market

Chiefs over Steelers because Mahomes is the golden boy

Cowboys over 49ers because Prescott’s girlfriend is a wicken

Rams over Cardinals because “the league wants LA to succeed….the dark powers are all in on LA teams”

Raiders over Bengals bc you need at least 1 upset or the peasants start to suspect things are steered

Bucs over Eagles cuz Tom Brady

Pretty good, pretty good. Looks like you're on to the NFL's game. We'll see, but this is an early contestant for last week's winner.

I'm surprised so many took the Cowboys over SF though.

ModSocks 01-17-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curé (Post 16071030)
since blacko is a giant pussy, the men have to step up and make straight up, unambiguous predictions. here go:

Patriots vs Bills: Bills. nobody wants to see the plodding patriots and their 4 yards and a clown of dust. without brady and his witchy woman, the pats are just another boring east coast team with ugly unis.
Raiders vs Bengals: Bengals. were i a conspiracy nut, i'd choose the raiders cuz of madden. but i'm capable of logical, critical thinking, so it's the baby tigers.
Chiefs vs Steelers: Chiefs. the stench from the stoolers even being in the playoffs offends me.
Div:
bengals @ tits
bills @ chiefs

SF vs Cowboys: Cowboys. that's logical even from the conspiracy angle. america's team and what not.
Rams vs Cardinals: LAR. again, makes sense from the conspiracy side, but let's face it. the cards have been playing like trash. gtfo of the playoffs, ya stupid red frauds.
Bucs vs Eagles: TB. tom brady and his witchy woman will ensure another tb victory. but then, we don't need a stupid conspiracy theory to figure that one out, now do we?
Div:
lar @ gb
dal @ tb

Another good one.

ModSocks 01-17-2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16071044)
Random predictions:

AFC:

Steelers @ Chiefs (47): Chiefs win. This one is obvious. Mahomes is a very popular QB with a long future and Rapistborgor is at the end of his career

Patriots @ Bills (73): Patriots win. Perhaps the NFL wants to set up the GOAT vs the BOAT (cus Belichick is fat lol)

Raiders @ Bengals (1): Bengals win. Burrow is the hot new QB on the block and the people want more.

NFC:

Eagles @ Bucs (4): Bucs win. Even the RNG knows that the league fixes games for Brady

49ers @ Cowboys (75): 49ers win. Perhaps the NFL is setting up a revenge superbowl between the 49ers and the Chiefs?

Cardinals @ Rams (2): Rams win. Is the NFL setting up another home team to host a superbowl? We can only read the tea leaves.

Drunkbassguitar is clearly on to something here.