ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Metro Sports... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269825)

milkman 02-10-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9391798)
This is where the 'poker play' begins to move people during and after all the combine and college pro days are complete.

There will be a few teams in dire need of a franchise LT that will be extremely excited for Joekel and possibly move up IF Reid plays his hand well.

There isn't a single LT in this draft that any team should move up to take.

Not one.

Coogs 02-10-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391799)
Even in a 34, there's always that one guy in the middle that blows things up.

Ray Lewis for the Ravens through most of the last decade.

Patrick Willis (not to mention Navarro Bowman) for the 9ers.

The Steelers have always had superior ILB play.

I don't think you should spend a top 10 pick on the ILB position, but I do believe, strongly, that ILB play is still highly critical to fielding a top 5 defense.

Don't know if you caught it, but I gave you an edit in the other post. Reid did say the rest of the positions are very important too.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391799)
Even in a 34, there's always that one guy in the middle that blows things up.

Ray Lewis for the Ravens through most of the last decade.

Patrick Willis (not to mention Navarro Bowman) for the 9ers.

The Steelers have always had superior ILB play.

I don't think you should spend a top 10 pick on the ILB position, but I do believe, strongly, that ILB play is still highly critical to fielding a top 5 defense.

Even moreso now that the Pistol/Veer opt will be in play to some degree going forward. Stellar LB play will be a must !

Priest31kc 02-10-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9391800)
I think Reid and Dorsey are waiting on what happens with Albert before they commit to any 1st rd pick.

Reid may have tipped his honest hand a bit when he stated the "trench play" (O-lines and D-lines) come first.

If Albert wants too much we are taking Joekel.

If Albert plays ball we are taking Geno.

So a few million is going to be the difference between finally taking a potential franchise QB or going with a lateral move that doesn't make the team better any at all by taking a LT?

Okay.

Oh, and we just drafted 2 OTs in the 2nd & 3rd round last year.

Even if we don't re-sign Albert (Would be a crime if we don't), we don't need to take a ****ing LT. Stephenson would do just fine there.

But seriously, we have the money for Albert. He's one of the best LTs in football. You don't let that go. And we won't.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391802)
There isn't a single LT in this draft that any team should move up to take.

Not one.

No question, BUT let the poker play, play out and see where it all lands because everyone knows everyone in this league and they all talk to each other and we might see someone bite.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9391807)
So a few million is going to be the difference between finally taking a potential franchise QB or going with a lateral move that doesn't make the team better any at all by taking a LT?

Okay.

Oh, and we just drafted 2 OTs in the 2nd & 3rd round last year.

Even if we don't re-sign Albert (Would be a crime if we don't), we don't need to take a ****ing LT. Stephenson would do just fine there.

But seriously, we have the money for Albert. He's one of the best LTs in football. You don't let that go. And we won't.

Oh, I get your point ! BUT it all depends on what Reid/Dorsey think of Albert and our 2 OTs taken in the 2nd and 3rd rds last year. It really does !! This is what we really don't know at this point.

Coogs 02-10-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9391804)
Even moreso now that the Pistol/Veer opt will be in play to some degree going forward. Stellar LB play will be a must !

I guess I must be in the minority again, but I am not all that concerned with our front seven. A good QB that can keep them on the sideline... and put points up at the end of a drive while said defense is resting... would be far greater than trying to upgrade personnel along the front seven early in the draft.

milkman 02-10-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9391816)
Oh, I get your point ! BUT it all depends on what Reid/Dorsey think of Albert and our 2 OTs taken in the 2nd and 3rd rds last year. It really does !! This is what we really don't know at this point.

We do know that Reid really likes Albert, having wanted to draft him in '08 to play LT then.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391850)
We do know that Reid really likes Albert, having wanted to draft him in '08 to play LT then.

That's good to know and hopefully he has thought highly enough of his play since 08 to resign him and draft Geno:thumb:

Chiefshrink 02-10-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9391832)
I guess I must be in the minority again, but I am not all that concerned with our front seven. A good QB that can keep them on the sideline... and put points up at the end of a drive while said defense is resting... would be far greater than trying to upgrade personnel along the front seven early in the draft.

You make good points and I don't think you are in the minority here. Like you I don't see our D-line as that inferior at all compared to most BUT it has to be above average so that our LBs can make plays against those Pistol type QBs when need be.

B14ckmon 02-10-2013 09:37 PM

It's obvious now that Reid will go with Alex "Master WCO" Smith.

Coogs 02-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9392685)
It's obvious now that Reid will go with Alex "Master WCO" Smith.

Since he said he doesn't want a game manager, but a QB who can elevate his teammates and win games... how did you come up with that?

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9392706)
Since he said he doesn't want a game manager, but a QB who can elevate his teammates and win games... how did you come up with that?

QFT

milkman 02-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

He's a Jag's fan trolling on a Chiefs board.

That takes a special level of low intelligence.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

What would you expect a coach to say?