ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc My ghost story from today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263113)

Canofbier 09-01-2012 08:57 PM

TIL there's lots of drug users on CP.

Rain Man 09-01-2012 08:58 PM

You saw a woman hanging and you're still not a wholehearted believer? I think that would convince me.

ReynardMuldrake 09-01-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871708)
I was young, like 10 or so, when I saw a ghost (I think). I woke up in the middle of the night and looked towards my door. My room was light enough from streetlights and the moon that I could see someone standing near the door, looking like they were messing with the light switch. It was a lady in a nightgown, so I said "Mom?". The lady turns around, and she's old. Face all old person-y, and looks completely suprised that I said anything to her. SHe reaches out and starts taking these shuffling steps towards me. I can see that she's talking, or trying to say something, but no noise is coming out of her mouth. I'm trying to shout or scream, but I was so scared my breath is caught in my chest. As she got closer, she jsut fizzled away.

To this day I'm not sure if that was a ghost, or just the remnant of some dream I was having. Freaked me straight the hell out, though. I slept with the light on for about ten days after that.

That sounds like sleep paralysis. Hallucinations are common in that transitional period between wakefulness and sleep.

Bowser 09-01-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8871739)
That sounds like sleep paralysis. Hallucinations are common in that transitional period between wakefulness and sleep.

Interesting. I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis before. I'll go do some reading....

All I know for sure is that I haven't experienced anything like that since. It was so VIVID that I can clearly recall it all 30 years later.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8871738)
You saw a woman hanging and you're still not a wholehearted believer? I think that would convince me.

I think it's short-sighted to think nothing exists beyond what we know. I also think it's possible that I had pre-conceived notions in my subconscience from knowing the storys in advance.

In the end I think there's still no proof and never will be and a lot to learn and accept.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8871739)

Funny you should mention that...a few years ago I was on some pain medications for a pinched nerve, and if I took them too close to bedtime I would get caught in some weird state where my body was asleep, but my mind was awake. It was really freaky, I had to try to wake myself up to snap out of it. I wonder if that's what that was all about.

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8871670)
What? No Mod has changed your user name to Dr. Ghost Whisperer? This place has gone to hell since the reshuffling of Mods.

Until he helps her cross over, I say he should not be called Dr. Ghost Whisperer. :harumph:

RJ 09-01-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 8871651)
Was she hot?

The only question that mattered.

Planetman 09-01-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 8871762)
Until he helps her cross over, I say he should not be called Dr. Ghost Whisperer. :harumph:

Good point.

RUN TO THE LIGHT, CAROL ANN!

ReynardMuldrake 09-01-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871750)
Interesting. I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis before. I'll go do some reading....

All I know for sure is that I haven't experienced anything like that since. It was so VIVID that I can clearly recall it all 30 years later.

Yep, sleep paralysis is typically described as vivid and panicky, almost like a drowning experience.

That and carbon monoxide are responsible for most hauntings IMO. The typical symptoms of feelings of coldness, tingling extremities, chills, lightheadedness, and hallucinations all are typical of CM poisoning. These also tend to occur in old/creepy houses with more primitive heating systems that can leak CM.

EDIT: It also explains why hauntings happen more often in the dead of winter, when heating systems are under the heaviest load. Also, unexplained deaths, where people were thought to 'die of fright' in haunted houses.

crazycoffey 09-01-2012 09:24 PM

Boobs?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:26 PM

Back when I was married we lived in a house we knew the owner Fred Moritz had died in. Nothing much happened to make us think it could be haunted except some footsteps late at night.

My wife left for the State Fair every year to show horses. She'd leave early in the week, I'd finish work and met her there late in the week.

One year on the morning I was to leave I was getting ready to go to work (would leave after) I talked to myself to help me remember a couple things later. I walked by our programmable thermostat and said out loud that I needed to remember to set it up 10 degrees before I left. Also as I put my stuff together to pick up after work and leave for the fair I set my bag on the bed and a hat next to it and said out loud "take this hat with me."

When I got home the thermostat was set to where I was going to put it and the hat was balanced on the corner of the bed where there was no way I could miss it.

A couple years later we re-painted the front door and took of the "Moritz" name plate on it off and nothing ever happened again.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:29 PM

My daughter still lives in that house with her mom and says nothing has ever been wierd since we took the Moritz name plate off the door.

KChiefer 09-01-2012 09:29 PM

What I don't get about ghosts is why don't we ever see half naked Native Americans all over the place? It's always some turn of the century white person.

And why is it always someone that met a tragic end? If your life here sucked wouldn't you want to move to the great beyond.? To me, it'd be the people that had a great time here that would want to stay.

Why is it always some old building/house that has ghosts? People die in hospitals all the time.

Why can't ghosts go outside? If they can, why don't they retire to Florida?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8871795)
What I don't get about ghosts is why don't we ever see half naked Native Americans all over the place? It's always some turn of the century white person.

And why is it always someone that met a tragic end? If your life here sucked wouldn't you want to move to the great beyond.? To me, it'd be the people that had a great time here that would want to stay.

Why is it always some old building/house that has ghosts? People die in hospitals all the time.

Why can't ghosts go outside? If they can, why don't they retire to Florida?

Heh good points.