ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I'm going to just say it. The "Chiefs Kingdom" marketing has got to go. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323333)

blsilks 06-09-2019 03:44 PM

I'm going to just say it. The "Chiefs Kingdom" marketing has got to go.

Been a Chiefs for 30+ years. Was it about 10 years ago when this whole Chiefs Kingdom garbage started to come around? Wouldn't we make fun of the Broncos fans if they called themselves the Broncos Kingdom? Are we the Disney Princesses of the NFL? This has got to be the goofiest marketing campaign in the history of the NFL. I cringe every time an NFL announcer referes to us as the "Chiefs Kingdom" on a nationally televised game. Did some 65 year old marketing manager come up with this? I could come up with 100+ better names than "The Chiefs Kingdom". War Party, Legion of Shroom, or maybe even Thomas the Train Railroad Company to name a few. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe even just refer to us as Chiefs Fans but this whole Chiefs Kingdom thing is just stupid. Did we build a castle like Disney World and I just missed it?

MTG#10 06-09-2019 03:46 PM

I think it's dumb too, but not something I care enough about to get worked up over.

Rain Man 06-09-2019 03:51 PM

I hate it. It's just a non-imaginative ripoff of marketing schticks that other teams have, and it's embarrassing that their marketing department can't do better.

Best22 06-09-2019 03:52 PM

I am extremely personally embarrassed at how my team is represented nationally. It causes me the greatest distress and anxiety. I always worry about what rival fans think of the name “Chiefs Kingdom” even after we rout them by 35 points, the name still causes me the greatest shame.

Lol, who cares?

Bowser 06-09-2019 03:53 PM

Mahomes has embraced it, therefore all Chiefs fans must embrace it.

Rain Man 06-09-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14300994)
I am extremely personally embarrassed at how my team is represented nationally. It causes me the greatest distress and anxiety. I always worry about what rival fans think of the name “Chiefs Kingdom” even after we rout them by 35 points, the name still causes me the greatest shame.

Lol, who cares?

If you let poor branding slide without demanding excellence, then at some point the Chiefs will have Nike design cheap, bland uniforms like the ones they did for Denver. And they'll move the team to some soccer stadium like the Chargers did. And they'll have no credibility in the league, which means they'll have to hire and draft based on television coverage like the Raiders do.

blsilks 06-09-2019 03:55 PM

Because when you beat somebody down by 30 points and the announcer says "Chiefs Kingdom" that immediately takes 10 points off the board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14300994)

Lol, who cares?

Rain Man 06-09-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14300995)

Oh.

Well, in that case I'm fine with it.

Flying High D 06-09-2019 03:57 PM

Chiefs Kingdom is strong.

blsilks 06-09-2019 03:57 PM

Oh that hurts!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14300995)

digger 06-09-2019 03:57 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f7/00/8b/f...968de394a6.jpg

DenverChief 06-09-2019 03:58 PM

I think it's more fitting than

Chiefs Nation
Chiefs Community
Chiefs People
Chiefs Population
Chiefs Public
Chiefs Society
Chiefs State
Chiefs Union
Chiefs Commonwealth
Chiefs Domain
Chiefs Principality
Chiefs Realm
Chiefs Republic
Chiefs Sovereignty
Chiefs Body Politic

Chiefs Empire doesn't sound so bad but reminds me of the dark side in Star Wars....I can' think of anything more fitting than Kingdom

TribalElder 06-09-2019 03:58 PM

I've thought "Chiefs Kingdom" was pretty ****ing stupid since I first heard it mentioned.

Royals would have a Kingdom

Indian Chiefs wouldn't have a kingdom

Hammock Parties 06-09-2019 04:00 PM

Wrong. It's cool.

stumppy 06-09-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 14300988)
I think it's dumb too, but not something I care enough about to get worked up over.

Same here.