ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hunt outlines changes the Chiefs are making to get the red back in Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272080)

HonestChieffan 04-13-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9584480)
He doesn't get anything if they don't do things like draft a QBotf for future hopes to build a winning franchise with. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Build a winning football team. They will come.

Geno will be sacking groceries in 5 years. Wake up.

FloridaMan88 04-13-2013 08:23 PM

Winning will bring the fans back and fill Arrowhead again... it is pretty simple.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 08:25 PM

Being "nice" is just something buy you a little leeway if you don't win.

Probably not a horrible idea I guess.

Pioli would probably still be here if he wasn't such a dick.

RunKC 04-13-2013 08:56 PM

Still confused as to why people directly blame Clark for not having a first round QB? It's not his doing. He doesn't draft them. The coach and GM does that.

I'm sure Clark told Andy and Dorsey that he would like a first round QB, but you don't tell people who you just hired how to do their jobs. That tends to circulate around the league and you end up getting a shit reputation like Scott Pioli.

Demonpenz 04-13-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9584756)
Still confused as to why people directly blame Clark for not having a first round QB? It's not his doing. He doesn't draft them. The coach and GM does that.

I'm sure Clark told Andy and Dorsey that he would like a first round QB, but you don't tell people who you just hired how to do their jobs. That tends to circulate around the league and you end up getting a shit reputation like Scott *****.

because we've had GM's wanting to draft a qb and the BIG man said it wasn't worth the risk. That is why we always draft Dlineman. Safe pick

BryanBusby 04-13-2013 09:26 PM

We've had GM's that wanted to take a QB in the first round? News to me.

lcarus 04-13-2013 09:29 PM

And bring back the long troths in the mens rooms. This isn't the Bellagio, it's Arrowhead. I know I always felt like I was probably going to get hepatitis and it smelled like a piss bank in there, but it was MY piss bank and hepatitis. I cherished it.

milkman 04-13-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9584480)
He doesn't get anything if they don't do things like draft a QBotf for future hopes to build a winning franchise with. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Build a winning football team. They will come.

We here at the planet are a minority.

This team only need field a competitive team to entice the regular fan back to the stadium.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-13-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9584394)
He showed you the philosophy he wants: 8-8. Do whatever you can to tease fans with the possibility of the playoffs and they'll come, despite that the moves will never result in success in the playoffs.

Yep. "heck, the Chiefs haven't even won a playoff game since 1994". "The fanbase just wants its love reciprocated"! Really? Is that all we're in this for? What a pile of shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack 04-13-2013 11:51 PM

We almost drafted Brady Quinn in the first round.

GordonGekko 04-14-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9584780)
because we've had GM's wanting to draft a qb and the BIG man said it wasn't worth the risk. That is why we always draft Dlineman. Safe pick

Dlineman, the Chiefs have proven this is NOT a safe pick, not at all.

chiefs1111 04-14-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9584877)
We here at the planet are a minority.

This team only need field a competitive team to entice the regular fan back to the stadium.

It's sad that the team only needs to be. 8-8 or 9-7 for the majority of the fan base.

bevischief 04-14-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9584384)
How about draft a quarterback people would want to pay to watch play.

Have some shows hosted by players.

Bring back the player foundations.

Those would be a refreshing course of action.

this is a start.

Tribal Warfare 04-14-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9584668)
Being "nice" is just something buy you a little leeway if you don't win.

Probably not a horrible idea I guess.

***** would probably still be here if he wasn't such a dick.

Not really, I talk to everyone as civil as possible because that's what I do in real life.

ChiefMojo 04-14-2013 06:11 AM

What Milkman and Hamas brought up is true. That fact falls on deaf ears on this board more time than not but the constant crying for Geno or other extreme negative thoughts are a vocal minority in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the Chiefs Kingdom.

Most Chiefs fans (true fans) want the feeling of being loved and interaction with the organization (which was completely lost with *****). They want the feeling of what they had in the 90's. Just being around .500 or a little better would fill Arrowhead back up to sell-out status. Clark knows this, he has seen the blue print for this fanbase.

I know that doesn't sit well at all with many on this board but that is just the way things are in KC. Most of the fanbase could give a rats what method of selection it took to get that QB to KC. Just win me some games, give me a great atmosphere, let us interact with the players (charity events and radio gigs) and make me feel loved is all they want.