ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

OnTheWarpath15 07-17-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8748595)
I would think by looking at his 2010 numbers that Cassel can get him the ball in the end zone. It's the yards getting there thats the problem.

10 of his 15 TD's in 2010 were scored from 15 yards out or longer.

IIRC, most of those 10 were due to Bowe running after the catch.

Clay? You have these on video.

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8748614)
What's funny is my argument against Bowe is a carbon copy of your argument against Pioli, and you tore it apart. Difference is you dislike Pioli, not Bowe.

Bowe gets to use the SHIT QB as an excuse,
but Pioli can't use that or the injury of 3 INCREDIBLY important starters for the entire season.

Yes I realize Pioli traded for Cassel, that is his one and only major mistake as GM. I have believed since the beginning though, that Cassel is a stop gap until we find something better. Doesn't it seem as though Pioli is building up the roster to insert a green QB into a best case scenario? Worked pretty well for Sanchez.

Pioli doesn't get any slack for the 2009 draft, which was scouted by someone else's staff for a completely different system. Even though he's nailed the draft ever since. Building one of the best top to bottom rosters in the league save the QB.

No slack for the QB, even though he's really had no other options(none better anyway) available to him. Outside of Manning, who doesn't want to play for the guys who used to cheat against him.

No slack on his record as GM, even though injuries alone cost us more than enough games to get us into the playoffs last year. Or, that his first year here, he took over a 2-14 roster, which was destined to fail his first year as GM.

Now, b/c he won't pay your favorite player 100 million dollars, he's a big meanie.

Correct. I don't believe that Bowe orchestrated the trade to acquire Cassel.

Cassel is the proverbial stopgap to no where.

aturnis 07-17-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8748574)
:facepalm:

He didn't rack up the 10th most yardage and 6th most TD's among ALL WIDE RECEIVERS OVER FIVE YEARS due to ONE SEASON.

Yards, no. TD's yes. If you say otherwise, you're a ****ing liar and you know it. If Bowe only produced the average TD's of his other four years in 2010, he'd only have 26 TD's. He didn't though, he scored the 6th most TD's by a WR in league history. In large part b/c he was the only viable option in the passing game outside of a rookie TE.

Brock 07-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8748614)
Yes I realize Pioli traded for Cassel, that is his one and only major mistake as GM.

Other than the time nobody wanted to give him a fourth rounder for Jamaal Charles.

aturnis 07-17-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8748622)
Correct. I don't believe that Bowe orchestrated the trade to acquire Cassel.

Cassel is the proverbial stopgap to no where.

Keep reading. Cassel is Pioli's lone wart on an otherwise stellar roster. A shame it came at the hardest position to project success in all of sports.

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 05:54 PM

Bowe had 7 TDs in '08, which is pretty impressive considering that Thigpen literally had to ask permission to look at anyone other than Gonzo.

How in the hell we're knocking a WR who came in the league and kicked ass from day one is remarkable. But Haley "fixed" him.

aturnis 07-17-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8748631)
Other than the time nobody wanted to give him a fourth rounder for Jamaal Charles.

Did anyone know what Charles was at that point? Other than a fumble machine? I wouldn't have sought out a trade based on potential, but fumbles are hard to get rid of. Luckily, we found someone who seems to have done a great job with Charles.

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 05:55 PM

Haley was/is great. Bowe is overrated.

CP.

Titty Meat 07-17-2012 05:56 PM

I think some say Bowe doesn't deserve the money because of his goose egg in the playoffs.

aturnis 07-17-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8748640)
Bowe had 7 TDs in '08, which is pretty impressive considering that Thigpen literally had to ask permission to look at anyone other than Gonzo.

How in the hell we're knocking a WR who came in the league and kicked ass from day one is remarkable. But Haley "fixed" him.

We're not knocking, just debating his value. I love Bowe and hope to God we can keep him, someone has to be the voice of reason.

So, all of you who want Pioli fired for this, would you pay Bowe 100 million dollars?

aturnis 07-17-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8748644)
I think some say Bowe doesn't deserve the money because of his goose egg in the playoffs.

Not at all. Would you pay Bowe 100 million dollars?

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8748649)
We're not knocking, just debating his value. I love Bowe and hope to God we can keep him, someone has to be the voice of reason.

So, all of you who want Pioli fired for this, would you pay Bowe 100 million dollars?

He's not going to get $100M guaranteed, and guaranteed money is all that matters.

If we sign him to a 8 year $100M contract and it makes headlines, whatever. What's the guaranteed amount? Everything else is bullshit.

BigMeatballDave 07-17-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8748649)

Guaranteed money?

No way.

Thats twice as much as CJ got.

aturnis 07-17-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8748656)
He's not going to get $100M guaranteed, and guaranteed money is all that matters.

If we sign him to a 8 year $100M contract and it makes headlines, whatever. What's the guaranteed amount? Everything else is bullshit.

Other rumors, with less proof behind them, say he was asking for a high amount to be guaranteed, I can't stand behind that though.

Brock 07-17-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8748641)
Did anyone know what Charles was at that point? Other than a fumble machine? I wouldn't have sought out a trade based on potential, but fumbles are hard to get rid of. Luckily, we found someone who seems to have done a great job with Charles.

Is it not a GMs job to know what's on his roster?