ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Tribal Warfare 06-18-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9759218)
Lil' Chiefy's are a sad, sad reality and a way of life. It is what it is.

Who started the "Lil' Chiefy" tag, and why?

Sorter 06-18-2013 11:37 AM

Who else confuses SDW for mcajj due to their avatars now?

J Diddy 06-18-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9759236)
Who started the "Lil' Chiefy" tag, and why?

There's a thread where sdh claims the invention.

As to the why, only God knows.

BigMeatballDave 06-18-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759284)
Who else confuses SDW for mcajj due to their avatars now?

I was, but then I realized mcaj isn't a ****ing dumbass like sweet daddy cockgobbler.

Sandy Vagina 06-18-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9759132)
Pretty easy to have a high qbr when you rank in the bottom on the league in passing attempts at 28 per game (2011) and 22 per game (2012). But lets not let facts get in the way.

Passer rating really isn't about throwing the ball 50x a game or 20x a game. It's a formula balanced from important stats.

Whether conservative or not, Alex was top 10 in passer rating in 2011, and top 5 in passer rating in 2012. Should he be regarded as an elite QB? No. He needs to put up such ratings for a longer period of time, IMO.

.. but to state that "the QB we got sucks" ??? That's just being an ignorant anustart. You must think your GM and HC are the dumbest **** on Earth.

Mav 06-18-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757436)
It's the skeptics who are out researching and coming up with valid points, and having real debate and discussions about every detail on their team. The true fans could give a shit less, half of them are there just for the beer and bbq. A great fanbase needs a healthy dose of both. Too far one way, and you are the Chiefs fanbase. Too far the other way, and you suddenly become the Jets. I like being right, so I go with what my research tells me. Same thing with Matt Cassel, when he was sacked a ton of times in NE and his receivers lead the league in YAC, I knew he would be exposed with a less talented team. I foresee the same with Smith.

again. A less talented team? This will be the most talented offense that alex smith has ever been apart of. Can anyone truthfully debate that with me? I mean, for sure, ill gladly debate that point.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757453)
what have the skeptics been wrong about so far?

Scooter?
Cassel?
Haley?
Romeo?
Bill Muir?
Brian Daboll?
Stanford Routt?
Zach Thomas?
Peyton Hillis?

literally pick someone. Anyone. Baldwin? Tony Moeaki? the list goes on and on.

And yet, not a single person on that list, is on this team, nor had any affiliation with the current regiment, which in fact invalidates anybodies assumption that this is the same old same old.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757569)
the Treen Green/Rich Gannon comparisons are literally what you hope and pray Alex Smith is for a ceiling. Some 30-37 year old window where he plays lights out and has a career resurgence.

I mean, it's really rare for that to happen to a QB. How many can you name? Gannon? Green? Who else had a good late career. Kurt Warner probably counts in there too.

You are basically saying Alex Smith might compare to 3 guys that are such a rare case at the QB position, and if he ends up being as good as them, probability states he should carry us to a Super Bowl, like Gannon and Warner did.

That's just way too much hypothetical with such a rare percentage of it panning out.

Well sure. I mean absolutely, because Alex Smith was unimpressive the past 20 starts of his career. He proved with proven coaching that at the very least, he will always give your team a chance to win. He had less turnovers in the past two years than the chiefs qbs had last season alone. He had success, he has had proven success over the past two years. Things that people don't want to acknowledge, or give him credit for at the very least, being a part of, which, he was. He was an integral part of the success the 49ers had, if you don't want to say in 2012, fine, but in 2011, he was a huge part of that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9758510)
Won't happen. Alexsexuals need a place to defend their golden boy. Haters need a place to trash Smith. I think it's a healthy outlet.

What is there to defend? Over the last two seasons he proved that he is ultra precise, ultra conservative, and a true leader, on and off the field. That REALLY needs defending. Mean while, the qb who won the last super bowl, didn't throw 30 tds, he threw 28, and he didn't have 4000 yards. If anything the argument that conservative offense that relies on the running game, and occasional big play, solid defense and special teams is actually the formula that has won the past two super bowls. yet, people think that this is a plan for MEDIOCRITY, while teams like the packers, saints, pats, have either not made the playoffs, or lost to one of those two teams the past two years while having qbs that threw for over 5000 yards.

Like I said. What exactly do Alexsexuals need to defend?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9758546)
He's got a better chance at getting pregnant

Lol, yes, because more throws, will amount to more ints, but DEFINTELY NOT MORE TOUCHDOWNS........Do people realize that his season high for TDS, was 18 in 2009, and yet, he didn't start the first 7 games of the season, but for sure, him getting to 25, IMPOSSIBLE. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mav 06-18-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9759132)
Pretty easy to have a high qbr when you rank in the bottom on the league in passing attempts at 28 per game (2011) and 22 per game (2012). But lets not let facts get in the way.

With Alex Smith as the qb the 49ers led the league in turnover differential, starting field position, and was usually leading in the second half which led to him not having to throw as much. is there a part of this that is that hard to understand?

When you are leading in the 4th quarter, you aren't going to be throwing the ball as much. When you lead the league in turnover differential, and starting field position, that means your kicking game is elite, (andy lee, top 3 punter in the league) and you don't turn the ball over, 5 ints in 2011 for alex smith, means that you aren't throwing the ball as much. Oh, and before you say its because Alex Smith was the qb. Kaepernick, when qb, the 49ers still ran more than they threw. Why? It must be because Kaepernick sucks, orrrrr, its because that's who Jim HARBAUGH is, seeing as when he was in college, when the BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY, he still ran the ball 58 percent of the time.

Who knew? People are so busy dissecting the valid points, and stats, how the hell is that not mentioned?

Sandy Vagina 06-18-2013 12:34 PM

Oh, and to those that are giving me + rep? Thanks, but don't bother. I couldn't care less about the same dozen kids that keep loading up the - rep. The rep bar is manipulated to the point where it lacks any accurate or credible reason for existing. I don't mind the pretty red bar... RED >>> GREEN. :shrug:

Mav 06-18-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9759418)
Oh, and to those that are giving me + rep? Thanks, but don't bother. I couldn't care less about the same dozen kids that keep loading up the - rep. The rep bar is manipulated to the point where it lacks any accurate or credible reason for existing. I don't mind the pretty red bar... RED >>> GREEN. :shrug:

I use rep more for the comment section, than for the rep itself, so just get over it okay lol, ill just rep you red with a positive comment from now on hahahaha

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-18-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9759231)
You are beyond stupid.

Says the dumbass still gobbling down the shit-sandwich...

Coogs 06-18-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9758955)
While I do think Smith will be a significant upgrade over Cassel, I don't think the Chiefs are winning any SBs anytime soon. Wildcard game? Sure.

The odds are stacked pretty heavily against every QB winning anytime soon. Sure, one QB is going to win every single year, but you could really name any team and say they are not going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon, and probably be right more than wrong.

JMO, but we have a pretty good team. Built it the way damn neare everyone here wanted to do it too. Build it first... then add the QB. Well, that is what we just did. We built it, and added the best QB that was out there. I like our chances just as much as the next team.

We have pass rushers. We have OT's. We have legit CB's. We have a legit RB and WR. We have other key role players as well. I like our chances.

Will we win it? Most likely not. But the 31 other teams can make that same assumption. Odds are stacked against every single team. Even the best one's as we have seen in recent Super Bowls.

Sorter 06-18-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9759546)
The odds are stacked pretty heavily against every QB winning anytime soon. Sure, one QB is going to win every single year, but you could really name any team and say they are not going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon, and probably be right more than wrong.

JMO, but we have a pretty good team. Built it the way damn neare everyone here wanted to do it too. Build it first... then add the QB. Well, that is what we just did. We built it, and added the best QB that was out there. I like our chances just as much as the next team.

We have pass rushers. We have OT's. We have legit CB's. We have a legit RB and WR. We have other key role players as well. I like our chances.

Will we win it? Most likely not. But the 31 other teams can make that same assumption. Odds are stacked against every single team. Even the best one's as we have seen in recent Super Bowls.

Really?

Because I like the Pats, Giants, Packers, Saints, Falcons, Seahawks, Colts, Ravens, 49ers, and Steelers chances more.

Sorter 06-18-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9759546)

Really?

Because I like the Pats, Giants, Packers, Saints, Falcons, Seahawks, Colts, Ravens, 49ers, and Steelers chances more.

Coogs 06-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9759551)
Really?

And you could be wrong on every single one of them. Might be the Bronco's or Texans instead. Maybe even another team. Like us.

Sorter 06-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9759564)
And you could be wrong on every single one of them. Might be the Bronco's or Texans instead. Maybe even another team. Like us.

Forgot them. I'd add them to my list as well.

Given our schedule, I really don't see this team doing better than 6-10.