ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Bowser 09-15-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8913041)
I didn't blame him for wanting to leave, but quitting as a pro athlete making the $ he makes is unforgivable. Period. Especially after the org supported him through his various issues.

Yeah, that's valid. Maybe I just felt like supporting him because I really wanted to go cheer for another team as well at that time? Heh.

Would you take him back if he wanted to come back?

Nightfyre 09-15-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8913047)
Yeah, that's valid. Maybe I just felt like supporting him because I really wanted to go cheer for another team as well at that time? Heh.

Would you take him back if he wanted to come back?

We aren't in a position where we could turn him down.

If you could go into 2013 with a rotation of:
Greinke (5y/100m)
Guthrie (1yr/8m)
Mendoza
Smith
Odorizzi

Then
A) the team can contend
B) the team can deal Guthrie at the ASB when Duffy/Paulino is ready to go.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-15-2012 09:10 PM

Zack Grienke can kiss my ass. I'm sorry a major league team drafted you and all your issues and supported you through all of your crap. I got tired of losing too but I'm still here. The difference is it wasn't my job to help change that. You gave up and quit. I didn't. **** off.

KCUnited 09-15-2012 09:14 PM

Doing the Chiefs thing tomorrow. If any of you gluttons want my tickets for tomorrows Royals game, shoot me a pm.

2 tickets + parking pass, lower level. They are yours if you can pick them up, Brookside/Plaza area.

Carry on, Yost sucks.

Three7s 09-15-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8913067)
We aren't in a position where we could turn him down.

If you could go into 2013 with a rotation of:
Greinke (5y/100m)
Guthrie (1yr/8m)
Mendoza
Smith
Odorizzi

Then
A) the team can contend
B) the team can deal Guthrie at the ASB when Duffy/Paulino is ready to go.

We're not winning with that rotation. We need to get at least one more big pitcher to add with Greinke, along with keeping Guthrie.

Nightfyre 09-15-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8913146)
We're not winning with that rotation. We need to get at least one more big pitcher to add with Greinke, along with keeping Guthrie.

I would love to see the Royals add Marcum as well, I'm just trying to keep it realistic here. But I do believe we can win with that rotation, especially if we replace Yost with a manager that can actually manage a bullpen. Just upgrading Hoch to Greinke is worth several wins.

Shogun 09-15-2012 09:37 PM

Omaha out of the playoffs. BRING MYERS UP NOW.

stonedstooge 09-15-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8913177)
Omaha out of the playoffs. BRING MYERS UP NOW.

HELL NO. Dayton wants to save him for a supposed run this team will make in 2014.

DeezNutz 09-16-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8913171)
I would love to see the Royals add Marcum as well, I'm just trying to keep it realistic here. But I do believe we can win with that rotation, especially if we replace Yost with a manager that can actually manage a bullpen. Just upgrading Hoch to Greinke is worth several wins.

We're almost certainly not going to be in the Greinke race, but I'm cool with acquiring two pitchers who are a tier (or two) below, such as Marcum and Jackson.

We have to get Hoch and Chen out of the rotation, and Guthrie needs to be signed. The final two spots can be filled from within.

Do all of this, and if Hosmer bounces back, the Royals might be able to make a run at things.

DeezNutz 09-16-2012 07:59 AM

Of the Royals final 18 games, 7 are not broadcast.

I realize that everyone is used to not giving a **** about the Royals in September, but this broadcast schedule would be outrageous if the team didn't continue to suck shit.

DeezNutz 09-16-2012 07:59 AM

I realize that everyone is used to not giving a **** about the Royals in September, but this broadcast schedule would be outrageous if the team didn't continue to suck shit.

Jenson71 09-16-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8913654)

Is that why there's a blackout in my mlb.tv subscription? I was wondering what that was all about, but I'm very certain I'm not in the viewing area.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-16-2012 10:35 AM

Kansas City Royals ‏@Royals

#Royals select contract of RHP @JakeOdorizzi and recall RHP @NathanAdcock47, LHP @TommyHottovy, INF Irving Falu & C Adam Moore from Omaha.

SAUTO 09-16-2012 10:37 AM

No Myers? ,lol
Posted via Mobile Device

AndChiefs 09-16-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8913960)
Kansas City Royals ‏@Royals

#Royals select contract of RHP @JakeOdorizzi and recall RHP @NathanAdcock47, LHP @TommyHottovy, INF Irving Falu & C Adam Moore from Omaha.

Pretty sure Myers slept with Dayton's wife.