ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Buy Here Pay Here Dealer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268093)

Bugeater 12-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9244594)
Not with small kids. and how do you get to work if you don't live by a busstop? How do you get the kids to day care/ School?

Find a job closer to home, or a home closer to your job. School? I see these big slow-ass yellow things called school buses on the streets all the time.

Bwana 12-27-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9244498)
Tell her to buy a $500 car that will last her a few months. Going to a buy here pay here lot is a recipe for disaster.

Without a doubt. If she goes to one of those hack outfits, she will end up paying 3k for a $500 car by the time the dust settles.

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9244646)
Judgmental much? Damn, you got all this shit figured out!

The OP pretty much threw the opinion of this lady under the bus. There's no excuse for these people.

Valiant 12-27-2012 09:01 PM

Yeah. She could buy a beater to last a year or two for under 2grand. But she needs someone trusty to buy/inspect and keep it running. But that is the problem.

El Jefe 12-27-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9244565)
cash for clunkers destroyed the bottom end of the used car market, it drove up prices from the low end up.

This is my business day in and day out, that 1500 dollar car is gonna be a big POS in MOST CASES.

That being said I'm driving a 225k mile civic every day that I bought a couple years back for 1800 bucks.

YMMV.

I agree 100%, I have bought many cars in my young life, and in this economy you will be lucky to be able to find a running car for a thousand bucks. Jason, I hear what you're saying and I believe you, but in my area that is highly unlikely. I go to auctions and check CL and the paper, you will only find a solid car for a thousand bucks if you are in the right place at the right time. I have bought to cars for under a grand, they needed many repairs.

Bugeater 12-27-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9244860)
I agree 100%, I have bought many cars in my young life, and in this economy you will be lucky to be able to find a running car for a thousand bucks. Jason, I hear what you're saying and I believe you, but in my area that is highly unlikely. I go to auctions and check CL and the paper, you will only find a solid car for a thousand bucks if you are in the right place at the right time. I have bought to cars for under a grand, they needed many repairs.

Yep, a while back I was looking at $1000 cars for my son. Out of the 20-25 I looked at, I only saw one that I would even consider letting him park in front of my house. They were that bad. You pretty much have to get up to at least the $2000 range for something decent.

Brock 12-27-2012 10:00 PM

Those gypsies will take her money and keep the car.

REDHOTGTO 12-27-2012 10:06 PM

as a former car salesman and finance man for 18 years tell her to take her tax return if she gets one and buy a cheap car from craigslist from an individual. stay with a buick, olds, chevy something with a 3800 v6 they are real reliable and cheap with some miles on them. shemay have to buy a car a year but its still better than making a payment on something that will never last out the loan from a buy pay dealer. she can also carry liability on it and save more that way too so its a win win. hope this helps
goat

J Diddy 12-27-2012 10:12 PM

Just curious how much she owed on the previous car and why won't they work something out with her? How much was she behind on payments? I've been in a bad spot with a car loan before but I've always worked it out ahead of time. However, I've had friends who have had vehicles repoed and worked it out with the bank the next day.

I'm also wondering if she was that far behind that she couldn't afford to make them up, how is she going to make a down, get tags, insurance, and then monthly payments?

LiveSteam 12-27-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craash (Post 9244259)
My wife has a recently divorced friend who is a mess. She just had her car repo'ed today while at work.

Anyway, partly to keep my wife from becoming her taxi driver I'm putting feelers out for anyone that might know/own/work at a car place that caters to those with worse than bad credit and is less buzzardly than normal.

I'm of the opinion she hasn't hit bottom yet and won't turn things around until she does but she's deep into Lindsay Mode denial. The tough thing is she has two kids and the dad is threating to take her back to court to try and take away her custoday . . . . so my wife is struggling with it.

Any leads?

fire/aids tree/antifreeze/piihb/gaz

Heh.
Tell your wife to stay out it. Kid or kids sound like they would be better off with the father.
Even if he smokes pot & kills squirrels.

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 10:19 PM

Smoking pot and killing squirrels is the new drinking tea and reading a book.

LiveSteam 12-27-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9244931)
Smoking pot and killing squirrels is the new drinking tea and reading a book.

Huckleberry Finn

SAUTO 12-27-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9244860)

Auctions are the problem...

Can't believe you aren't getting the same/BETTER deals with the nature of your business
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 12-27-2012 10:40 PM

Can she change a tire?

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/TRC4775.jpg

LiveSteam 12-27-2012 10:41 PM

Bitch needs to ride the bus right to the bottom.