ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   GRETZ: The Conservative Approach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175040)

Rain Man 11-21-2007 10:01 AM

Fire Bob Gretz.

Seriously, this is a clueless article. If they wanted to rein in the offense for most of the game as a strategy, whatever. I think it's stupid, but whatever.

But the issue is that they did it in the fourth quarter when it became apparent that one score was needed to win the game. We had one chance to win and the Colts had one chance to win, and we gave ours back.

trndobrd 11-21-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Fire Bob Gretz.

Seriously, this is a clueless article. If they wanted to rein in the offense for most of the game as a strategy, whatever. I think it's stupid, but whatever.

But the issue is that they did it in the fourth quarter when it became apparent that one score was needed to win the game. We had one chance to win and the Colts had one chance to win, and we gave ours back.

You don't seem to understand, Herm accomplished everything he set out to do.

Herm's game plan was to keep the game close so that the Chiefs would have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Play tough defense and don't turn the ball over. At the end of the fourth quarter, as Herm intended, the Chiefs had a chance to take the game.

He didn't say that he would TAKE that chance, only that he would HAVE a chance.

Chief Henry 11-21-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Fire Bob Gretz.

I hardly read Blob Gretz anymore. He's to predictable. We knew he was going to write an article just like this. it doesn't surprise me at all.
Gretz is as predictable as Herms offense.

Rain Man 11-21-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
You don't seem to understand, Herm accomplished everything he set out to do.

Herm's game plan was to keep the game close so that the Chiefs would have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Play tough defense and don't turn the ball over. At the end of the fourth quarter, as Herm intended, the Chiefs had a chance to take the game.

He didn't say that he would TAKE that chance, only that he would HAVE a chance.

Wow. When you put it like that, it all becomes crystal clear.

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 12:07 PM

i wonder how much the Chiefs pay Gretz these days?

bobbything 11-21-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac
Patience people. Patience. Just wait another 14 years.

FYP.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
Okay - but the numbers (the 3rd and long stats) speak for themselves, don't they?

found the 1%....

ROFL

jettio 11-21-2007 01:32 PM

Herm Edwards can be a winning coach for this team, but if the Chiefs do not win the AFC West this year, the sellout streak will end and there will be some home game blackouts.

Playing boring and frustating football and then playing crybaby in team propaganda and press conferences is a turn off for the ticket buying public.

If the Chiefs do not win 5 of the last six. Chiefs will have tough time selling out the Saints, Bucs, Bills, and Dolphins next year.

bobbything 11-21-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio
Herm Edwards can be a winning coach for this team, but if the Chiefs do not win the AFC West this year, the sellout streak will end and there will be some home game blackouts.

Playing boring and frustating football and then playing crybaby in team propaganda and press conferences and is a turn off for the ticket buying public.

If the Chiefs do not win 5 of the last six. Chiefs will have tough time selling out the Saints, Bucs, Bills, and Dolphins next year.

If they don't win this week I think they'll have a tough time selling out the next 5 games. People aren't taking this season very well.

petegz28 11-21-2007 01:43 PM

**** you Bob Gretz you ass sucking lard tard.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
If they don't win this week I think they'll have a tough time selling out the next 5 games. People aren't taking this season very well.

The Chiefs only have three home games left.

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything

lack of direction and suspect coaching will do that

RedThat 11-21-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i wonder how much the Chiefs pay Gretz these days?

ROFL

kcxiv 11-21-2007 01:48 PM

Gretz doesnt ****ing get it either. the 3rd and 18 draw didnt really bother me at that point. it was the 2 plays before that. T hey were HORRIBLE calls. Especially late in the 4th quarter. Who in their right minds wants to let Payton Manning dictate a football game at the end?

This is what pissed me off. you have one of the all time great QB's and your want to put the game in his hand? WHY?

bobbything 11-21-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
The Chiefs only have three home games left.

Touche. Thanks dad.