ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   GRETZ: The Conservative Approach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175040)

FAX 11-21-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier
Wow! Yikes! Happy Thanksgiving!
Send my best to you and yours.

I'm sorry, Mr. Messier. My apologies. I was just vamping there for a second. This whole Herm thing has, apparently, gotten the best of me. My most sincere good wishes for a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable holiday to you, as well.

May your bird be stuffed and your big yams mashed.

FAX

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
May your bird be stuffed and your big yams mashed.

FAX

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Hey! Stick this post up your vaseline-soaked anus with a big pecker!!

FAX

similiar? :hmmm:

Baby Lee 11-21-2007 03:10 PM

There was only one thing I wanted out of this game, a confident new QB. Considering that people are thinking he's the next Favre if only his coach weren't holding him back, I'd consider that accompished.

It appears that the people who swore that they'd 'be patient' with Brodie actually meant they'd be OK with it if he threw 800 interceptions and got sacked 400 times. If he were developed with an eye to growing his confidence and protecting him from injury and no-win situations, well that patience went right out the window.

GoHuge 11-21-2007 03:11 PM

At some point you have to go and win the game. You can't just sit there and wait for them to give it to you. They don't want to. They are also trying to win the game themselves. The way the Colts changed things up and marched down the field eating up 7 minutes of clock was impressive. They wanted it so they went out and got it. The same way Denver threw that bomb to Javon Walker last year to beat us. These teams made adjustments to get the win. We kept it close and acted like that was all we came for.

FAX 11-21-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
There was only one thing I wanted out of this game, a confident new QB. Considering that people are thinking he's the next Favre if only his coach weren't holding him back, I'd consider that accompished.

It appears that the people who swore that they'd 'be patient' with Brodie actually meant they'd be OK with it if he threw 800 interceptions and got sacked 400 times. If he were developed with an eye to growing his confidence and protecting him from injury and no-win situations, well that patience went right out the window.

Undoubtedly, you are correct, Mr. Baby Lee. Honestly, there's a part of me that agrees with your conclusion that we did, in fact, accomplish something on Sunday and that Herm's decisions make some sense if you accept his stated rationale.

There's another part of me that thinks you may be a tad too forgiving with Herm, though. What Sunday's game demonstrated is that, at least in this case, Herm's has a strong tendency to not allow his offense to even attempt to win the game in crunch time. For my part, I never questioned Croyle's confidence. Frankly, I believe there really isn't any need to. He's not a china doll or some prima-donna. He's been through some bloody wars in his college career and he's won more than his share of those battles.

Can you not agree that, at least, the possibility exists that just maybe Herm might be using the "we must protect the quarterback's fragile mind and emotions" mantra to veil his decisions not to make a valid, realistic attempt for a first down in critical game situations?

FAX

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Can you not agree that, at least, the possibility exists that just maybe Herm might be using the "we must protect the quarterback's fragile mind and emotions" mantra to veil his decisions not to make a valid, realistic attempt for a first down in critical game situations?

FAX

i think i love you

trndobrd 11-21-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee

Every situation is no-win if the coach will not allow the player to even attempt to be successful. Success builds confidence, failure teaches lessons, not trying accomplishes nothing.

Buzz 11-21-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Every situation is no-win if the coach will not allow the player to even attempt to be successful. Success builds confidence, failure teaches lessons, not trying accomplishes nothing.

Exactly! Herm sucks because THIS TEAM SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS!

kcxiv 11-21-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefanatic
Exactly! Herm sucks because THIS TEAM SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS!

We should be at least 6-4. I understand having to be patient, but i think Herm has been to patient to the point where it hurts the team.

Again, WHY do you want to put the game in the hands of Payton Manning? Thats a Duh George call.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2007 04:20 PM

I think Herm has less influence on playcalling than we think. I think he pretty much gives his offensive coaches autonomy, and they do what they want. I'd blame Solari more than Herm. I guess we'll see what happens if Solari is fired and they bring in someone new.

bobbything 11-21-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
I think Herm has less influence on playcalling than we think. I think he pretty much gives his offensive coaches autonomy, and they do what they want. I'd blame Solari more than Herm. I guess we'll see what happens if Solari is fired and they bring in someone new.

Raye or Hackett?

Hammock Parties 11-21-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
Raye or Hackett?

The name I heard was neither Raye nor Hackett.

BTW, Solari was forced on Herm by Carl, IMO.

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

and when solari calls a passing play on 3 and long then Herm chews Solari's ass because the QB got sacked?

you can bet after that happens a few times solari gets the message to just call a draw play.

FAX 11-21-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Interesting, Mr. GoChiefs. Teicher (sp?) voiced the exact opposite opinion in his radio interview yesterday. He said that Solari is definitely constrained by Herm. He underlined this point by saying that Saunders would fare no better under Herm.

I'm not saying that he's right, mind you. Also, I'm fully aware that the oline does limit offensive flexibility and potency. However, I remain convinced that, were our playcalling just a tad more innovative and unpredictable, it would help the oline. Also, there's no question that a more mobile quarterback would have helped.

You're right that Solari may be fired, but at this point, I'd have to say that, if he is, it will be a sacrifice to the media/fans more than anything else.

FAX

petegz28 11-21-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

See we can agree on something. There is hope for you yet.

Herm is not the one telling Solari to call a Draw every 2nd down.

Herm is not telling Solari to throw only WR quick hits.

Herm is not telling Solari to keep smashing the ball up the middle for none yards.

Solari was forced onto Herm by Carl.

Carl wanted to salavage the DV offense.

Carl wanted Huard cause he is too chicken shit to re-build.

Herm is the head coach though and either he is taking the knife for CeePee or he is a complete and utter dumb ass for allowing this shit to continue.